Thai rice farmers seek sympathy from tourists at Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

If the farmers wish to dun people for money, instead of begging from

astounded tourists, I would think a better idea would be to find out who

has the 400 billion baht that is missing ( Thaksin and fellow elites),

and go get their money from them..... Is that an over application of farang logic ?

If you actually think the farmers could do what you suggest, then I'd say it's "an over application of farang" stupidity.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Thongchai think that foreign tourists would care about Thai farmers' plight? The Thai farmers should go over to the Royal Bangkok Club and beg. It was interesting to note that airport security personnel and management didn't stop them from "annoying" tourists. This is just what Thailand needs is to have different groups begging at the airport. If it's okay for the farmers, then it should be okay for the rubber growers, and the food vendors. Everyone in to the pool and let's go begging from foreign tourists. This make TAT very happy.

I'd say thirty-minutes of "begging" ... as you call it ... is way better that closing the airport down for a week.

Shame? When you have nothing left what is shame to you?? Shame, no need to eat? Shame, no need to feed the family?

so ur solution would be to beg? What about finding other work that pays u salary to feed urself or ur family?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Are you actually as naive as you seem? Or just plain heartless?

Hypocrisy at its highest!

Farangs are not allowed to even join their friends at rallies and face imprisonment and deportation

THAI, however, are allowed to intentionally incriminate foreign tourists!

Should I add "Racism and discrimination" at its highest, too! Is Thailand so desperate to proof it is absolutely incompetent to distinguish between Right and Wrong? But, I need to pay credit, too. It helps us to faster realise, to better stay away.

It's the most pathetic, and controversial country on this globe. Thailand, you're truly "amazing" !

= = =

It also shows clearly, that Thai people are just after ONE thing - and that is, the FARNG MONEY! In such efforts, Thai receive even the support of Thai police and other officials, etc.

Pathetic, disgusting, despicable!

Yes you are. All three.

People come to Thailand for a holiday on their saved cash for such a holiday. They should not be subjected to beggars at the airport on arrival and the Police should have them removed. The Gov is now paying them, so bugger off.

Is that true - the government is now paying them? How many, how much?

That's easy to answer. The Farang did not buy the rice, which the government tried to sell, Hence, the government couldn't pay the farmers.

Result = whole Thailand blame the Farang, All is well - Thailand is good, falang is bad!

You just make it up as you go, don't you? You obviously don't know that the Chinese recently reneged on buying a million tons of Thai rice. And where have you seen/read/heard that any farang countries have rejected buying Thai rice?

Why the donation box?

I thought Suthep had collected more than 20 million in 1 day last week for the farmers?

Ha Ha I doubt it would be for the farmers, more likely his pocket. Just another one on the bandwagon ripping of the Thai's.
http://bit.ly/1eIlhSp

That money was for legal expenses

This is why some people fall behind the information trail. Try to keep up boys.

Edited by LindsayBKK

Hypocrisy at its highest!

Farangs are not allowed to even join their friends at rallies and face imprisonment and deportation

THAI, however, are allowed to intentionally incriminate foreign tourists!

Should I add "Racism and discrimination" at its highest, too! Is Thailand so desperate to proof it is absolutely incompetent to distinguish between Right and Wrong? But, I need to pay credit, too. It helps us to faster realise, to better stay away.

It's the most pathetic, and controversial country on this globe. Thailand, you're truly "amazing" !

= = =

It also shows clearly, that Thai people are just after ONE thing - and that is, the FARNG MONEY! In such efforts, Thai receive even the support of Thai police and other officials, etc.

Pathetic, disgusting, despicable!

and one word for you: Ignorant!

Why the donation box?

I thought Suthep had collected more than 20 million in 1 day last week for the farmers?

Ha Ha I doubt it would be for the farmers, more likely his pocket. Just another one on the bandwagon ripping of the Thai's.
http://bit.ly/1eIlhSp

That money was for legal expenses

This is why some people fall behind the information trail. Try to keep up boys.

Don't confuse them with truth and facts.

People come to Thailand for a holiday on their saved cash for such a holiday. They should not be subjected to beggars at the airport on arrival and the Police should have them removed. The Gov is now paying them, so bugger off.

Is that true - the government is now paying them? How many, how much?

That's easy to answer. The Farang did not buy the rice, which the government tried to sell, Hence, the government couldn't pay the farmers.

Result = whole Thailand blame the Farang, All is well - Thailand is good, falang is bad!

You just make it up as you go, don't you? You obviously don't know that the Chinese recently reneged on buying a million tons of Thai rice. And where have you seen/read/heard that any farang countries have rejected buying Thai rice?

I agree with Herbal, NHT can you tell me who in Thailand has blamed Flangs for the farmers not getting paid. Nobody has made such a statement.

I dont understand guys like you, if you are so against Thailand and feel everyone in Thailand is out to get you, then why are you here?

You really dont know Thailand. Get out and see real Thailand and learn something!

i think it very good idea the farmer go to the airport to ask for the money.

the farang talk so bad about the thai people every time and dont understand the problem we have with thaksin.

i think the farang have to pay the rice farmer and maybe then understand!!

I agree that most Farang don't understand the problem and also that is was a good idea to go to the airport, however your comment that

farang should pay the rice farmer this I don't understand, why should we pay?

We did not cause the problem.

The govt caused this problem, they need to sell the rice and pay the farmers.

The USA and other countries already give Thailand allot of money each year for programs.

the farang talk so bad about the thai people every time and dont understand the problem we have with thaksin.

I agree that most Farang don't understand the problem and also that is was a good idea to go to the airport, however your comment that

The USA and other countries already give Thailand allot of money each year for programs.

because you take so much money from the thai people already but do not understand the poroblems !!

my brother he work together with kamnan thep every day and we do not like how the farang talk about the thai people outside thailand.

i think it no respect for our culture.

when we have the new prime minister in thailand i think many thing will change for you !!

• Like 1

How quintessentially Thai dry.png

because you take so much money from the thai people already but do not understand the poroblems !!

my brother he work together with kamnan thep every day and we do not like how the farang talk about the thai people outside thailand.

when we have the new prime minister in thailand i think many thing will change for you !!

Very sad statments and perhaps a small lesson for the Thai apologists.

Edited by paz

Farang takes money from Thailand? What money? Farang bring money into Thailand. If Thailand was not exporting products to farang countries and farang money would not be coming to Thailand. If farang did not come to Thailand, Thailand would not have that money. I'm sorry to say but you have no idea how much money Thailand gets from Farangs coming to visit Thailand, investing and building companies creating jobs and donations. Now I'm thinking you are a troll!

And there we have it my fellow farang. What i've been saying all along. Whomsoever is next at the trough, of whatever stripe or colour, will most certainly make life just that little bit more difficult for those of us who have 'settled' here, simply to appease the likes of this not uniquely xenophobic poster.

On which note, i will leave you all to duke it out over the box of crackers that is this proud blink.png nation. La gon coffee1.gif

Farang takes money from Thailand? What money? Farang bring money into Thailand. If Thailand was not exporting products to farang countries and farang money would not be coming to Thailand. If farang did not come to Thailand, Thailand would not have that money. I'm sorry to say but you have no idea how much money Thailand gets from Farangs coming to visit Thailand, investing and building companies creating jobs and donations. Now I'm thinking you are a troll!

I've heard myself these statements "farang talks to bad about Thailand" as a genuine proof of ignorance and misplaced pride, so is a well made trolling if it is.

because you make business here but dont understand the thai people.

we dont think the same like europe or america. we never think like this. we have the different culture like you.

we dont want the government like in your country. we want the corruption finished.

look how corrupt is my country now with thaksin. i never have this.

when i am young we never have the corrupt politics like now!

• Like 2

Ericthai, you've been here 20 years and still trying to bring logical points to a conversation about Thailand, to a Thai person ?!?

Forum tip: when you get wrapped in quote unquote mayhem, click the BBCode button on the top left, then edit things manually so that each block is consistent. Click it again to see how it comes out.

Edited by paz

Ericthai, you've been here 20 years and still trying to bring logical points to a conversation about Thailand, to a Thai person ?!?

Forum tip: when you get wrapped in quote unquote mayhem, click the BBCode button on the top left, then edit things manually so that each block is consistent. Click it again to see how it comes out.

Thanks for the tip. In all my years here this is the first time any Thai has confronted me and outright that ex-pats are responsible for their problems.

I guess my workers if they think like this they are afraid to say anything same with friend or people in the village I live in. In reality it does not matter where you go in this world you are going to find people that are racist and blame others for their problems.

Ponchi,

You say Farang takes money from Thailand, can you tell me how they do this?

I showed examples how we bring money to Thailand but then you changed the topic to we dont understand Thai's.

So please let's go back and answer me how do Farang take money from Thailand?

What a load of racist drivel.

Ponchi,

You say Farang takes money from Thailand, can you tell me how they do this?

I showed examples how we bring money to Thailand but then you changed the topic to we dont understand Thai's.

So please let's go back and answer me how do Farang take money from Thailand?

It's a question that can't be answered, and it's typical out and out racism.

Always easy to blame foreigners for a countries problem, but they need to look at themselves first and why it has got to this point.

• Like 1

To be on debt r not is a choice....the culture in Thailand is to out do ur neighbors. If the next house has a vigo, then my house must have a better car. Debt is secondary to the thais but out doing ur neigbhors is a must to save face.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Seriously? Don't they have any shame at all?

Lets let you and your family spend all of your money with no chance to make more and see if you are not reduced to doing this. Show some sympathy mate. These farmers could be your family. Hopeless with noone to turn to and in great debt

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Go out & find other jobs that will put food on the table. Income will not come to those that just sit & wait. Everyone has a choice.....work or don't work & beg.

Farmers, some of whose families have been farming the same land for generations are are suddenly supposed to stop farming and find jobs.

So.... Where are all these jobs waiting for all the rice farmers?

Do you practice writing crass comments? You're very good at it.

there are lots of jobs in thailand....just that the thais are lazy & all the jobs are taken up by the cambodians or lao.

because you make business here but dont understand the thai people.

we dont think the same like europe or america. we never think like this. we have the different culture like you.

we dont want the government like in your country. we want the corruption finished.

look how corrupt is my country now with thaksin. i never have this.

when i am young we never have the corrupt politics like now!

If every Thai person would think and relate to foreigners in this way, your dear country would be at Togo level in 1 month.

Foreigners take away money? Let's close all the businesses of foreigners companies in Thailand and you would see how economy will sustain well.

Toyota, Honda, Mazda, Samsung, Nikon, Canon, Makro, Lotus, G.E., Chevron/Caltex just to give you some examples...

Careful for what you wish... Most of the foreigner living here loves Thailand, and suffer to see the way corrupted politicians and your kamnan thep are throwing this country to hell.

Blame on the foreigners is an easy sport... but so dangerous.

You say look how corrupt is this country now, is never been like that? How is that related to us foreigners working here and paying taxes? Having business here and paying taxes? Or just visiting here and bring capitals to the tourism industry?

Come on, you can do much better, or you can go and join your brother in your crusade, at least you can do something you really have passion for. We are foreigners, we can make ourselves an idea of what is happening, but at the end of the day, we don't have any role in Thai politics.

Good luck to you, kamnan thep, Yingluck, Chalerm, Phra Buddha Issara, Army, Police and all of Thailand. We really need it.

Good for u....get rid of all the farangs. Banned all the farangs from entering thailand....banned all the foreign companies from doing business in thailand. I'm sure you will do just fine without the farangs. Go a head....suggest it to ur government.