Farang salaries: how much do you make?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salaries? Bosses?

I'm happy to say I have never had either.

What's prison life like now days?

he also never married.

Wait. Seriously? You two have never met someone who graduated college and started their own business? And what makes you think I'm a "he"? Or an unmarried "he" for that matter?

Where the heck did the marriage comment come from anyway, Naam? Even if you thought I was a broke (male) loser, is there some place on Earth where broke losers don't get married? ... Because where I come from we seem to have plenty -- and Thailand isn't exactly ground zero for power-marriages.

Ahh Housewife.wub.png

I am Retired and have lived here for 10 years. My son is thinking of taking a position with a 5 star Hotel here and he would like to know what the TAX RATE is here for Foreigners. Could anybody help with this information.

I'm 38, male rent boy by trade.... I plough my trade on the streets in bangkok and I roughly earn between 150-200 baht per transaction. On a good month I can earn 800 baht! I hope this helps

i try to ply my trade, but your 'ploughing' reminds me of a wonderful line from Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra ;

' Caesar ploughed her and she crop'd'

I'm 44 years old. 135.000/month. Working for Insurance Company, two years now. Work related injury and happily retired smile.png

Enough for good life here, not enough back "home". Luckily been here on and off since '89, so no need to repeat old mistakesfacepalm.gif with fixed income.

• Like 2

and for judging our bartering power with our bosses.

Unless you have specific skills the Thais dont have or are willing to pay highly for, you have no bargaining chips, always bare in mind there are plenty of Quasimodos willing to take your job for less than half of what you earn.

Such is the pull of the Thai hairy magnet.

Over on another thread some sap is talking about coming here to earn the eqiuvalent of a paper boys salary, a whopping 500 pommie pesos per month. Unbelievable, but still they keep coming.

If, indeed, there are plenty of people willing to take his/her job "for less than half of what (he/she) earns," then why would his employer continue to employ and pay him? Doesn't make sense, does it?

People would actually provide this info to a stranger and in a forum? I don't think so. LMAO

Well I will give him this much info. Not that it is any of his business. I am retired on pensions and if the Canadian dollar ever gets down to 20 baht I will start worrying.

I am Retired and have lived here for 10 years. My son is thinking of taking a position with a 5 star Hotel here and he would like to know what the TAX RATE is here for Foreigners. Could anybody help with this information.

Check here.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=thailand+income+tax

Not familiar with legal terms but it seems to me it did not say income from pensions or disability payments.

Why does the OP want to know what others are earning? I can understand a teacher wanting to know what other teachers are getting. That makes sense. But in general it is irrelevant unless undertaking some systematic research which s/he isn't.

Could be they are looking for figures to take in and show there boss and demand a raise.

Check here.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=thailand+income+tax

Not familiar with legal terms but it seems to me it did not say income from pensions or disability payments.

yeah Iam not familiar with pensions or disability payments either but I assumed the son of the retired person who asked is able bodied and looking for tax rates for employment in Thailand.

I understand there is some guy called "George" here In LoS who runs an expat forum and earns easily ThB 25,000 per month advertising revenue. Woo-oo

per month??? cheesy.gif

http://www.checkwebsiteprice.com/searchResult.php?url=thaivisa.com

$500 a day I'd imagine just from google. Forum sponsors, other adds, a few quid wink.pngthumbsup.gif

Or $20k a day.

http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/WWW.THAIVISA.COM

Take your pic.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

I understand there is some guy called "George" here In LoS who runs an expat forum and earns easily ThB 25,000 per month advertising revenue. Woo-oo

per month??? cheesy.gif

http://www.checkwebsiteprice.com/searchResult.php?url=thaivisa.com

$500 a day I'd imagine just from google. Forum sponsors, other adds, a few quid wink.pngthumbsup.gif

Or $20k a day.

http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/WWW.THAIVISA.COM

Take your pic.

RAZZ

website value does not tally with gross revenue!

• Like 1

You'll have to take my word for it that I want nothing other than the statistics themselves rolleyes.gif

Personally, I'm a 25 year old working in Thailand. I'm a marketing consultant with a 65k+ Baht per month salary (works out to about 80k if you add up the year end bonus).

How can you possibly afford to live in Bangkok earning only 80k a month? My apartment alone costs me more than that. I thought every expat here was earning at least 150k?

How can you possibly afford to live in Bangkok earning only 80k a month? My apartment alone costs me more than that.

My Bentley costs more than three times in Thailand as it does in the UK... saai.gif

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

You'll have to take my word for it that I want nothing other than the statistics themselves rolleyes.gif width=20 alt=rolleyes.gif>

Personally, I'm a 25 year old working in Thailand. I'm a marketing consultant with a 65k+ Baht per month salary (works out to about 80k if you add up the year end bonus).

My income is more than that and I don't have to do a anything except drink coffee and read the news coffee1.gif

So how much does a TV news anchor actually earn in Bangkok, and is true you get a generous end-of-year bonus if you also happen to be a young, sexy woman with large breasts? BTW, if you ARE the latter, PM me.

Edited by FalangBaa

You'll have to take my word for it that I want nothing other than the statistics themselves rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif

How can you possibly afford to live in Bangkok earning only 80k a month? My apartment alone costs me more than that. I thought every expat here was earning at least 150k?

You obviously don't know many teachers!

Well, you see, years ago I picked up this idea form SouthEast Asia. The idea gnawed at my insides, as, I suppose, as a carnivore may scrape off pieces of flesh from inside the lower ribs of a rotting carcass. It seemed as unlikely as a pig sprouting wings and taking to the air, soaring high above the world...close to the sun, and dropping pieces of bacon on fortunate homeowners, just in time for breakfast.

The idea was agriculturally sound...but the transmutation of seedlings took a considerable amount of thought and effort. I joined a partnership with Haliburton, and had George Bush working as my financial advisor/marketing manager. We chipped in a small fortune and bought a vast amount of land in the southwestern United States. This land was known as an ancient Indian burial ground, and emanated all sorts of shockingly magical powers.

After purchasing expensive diving apparati, we pulled out some old charts that we found near the Aztec Hall of Montezuma, and were fortunate enough to find the Lost city of Atlantis. Of course, there was a Ceramic Jar loaded with mysterious seeds...the color of mint jelly.

Well, the rest of the story is history. George and I went back to our vast property, planted the seeds, and to our utter bewilderment, Huge Trees with gnarley branches sprouted up, within days! I cannot tell you how shocked I was that spring, as the leaves turned from golden budlings to 100 USD bills.

Yes, money trees exist....but alien spaceships now guard the orchard, and I sometimes fly back there to harvest a few baskets. As you may suspect, I do not bother counting how many I pick each time...so your question is difficult for me to answer!

If I understood this story correctly, you're running a pot farm, or possibly an LSD lab. Either way, you're obviously doing well out of it, so more power to you!

You'll have to take my word for it that I want nothing other than the statistics themselves rolleyes.gif

Does that marketing work you do, by any chance, involve trying to find out how much money other foreigners in Thailand earn so that you can then "help" them to invest their money in absolutely surefire, guaranteed, rock-solid, triple-your-money-in-no-time investments and do you have a poster of Bernie Madoff framed on your bedroom wall with a small shrine?

Does that marketing work you do, by any chance, involve trying to find out how much money other foreigners in Thailand earn so that you can then "help" them to invest their money in absolutely surefire, guaranteed, rock-solid, triple-your-money-in-no-time investments and do you have a poster of Bernie Madoff framed on your bedroom wall with a small shrine?

I work for an American company and they've posted me here from abroad, I sort out marketing materials mainly. Promoting the company basically. Nothing about it involves knowing what your salary is. If I had asked anyone, it would have been reported in this thread surely. tongue.png

How can you possibly afford to live in Bangkok earning only 80k a month? My apartment alone costs me more than that.

My Bentley costs more than three times in Thailand as it does in the UK... saai.gif

Noticed the same thing with the Aston, and lets not talk about the cost of the Beluga and Bolly in Thailand, outrageous....

• Like 2

I work for an American company and they've posted me here from abroad, I sort out marketing materials mainly. Promoting the company basically. Nothing about it involves knowing what your salary is. If I had asked anyone, it would have been reported in this thread surely. tongue.png

Really, An American Company sent you all the way to Thailand to work for them and they are only paying you 65k per month.................

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

You smell of buffalo shit.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

Noticed the same thing with the Aston, and lets not talk about the cost of the Beluga and Bolly in Thailand

I decided against buying an Airbus Beluga... I mean it just didn't fit my style. Great mobile party venue though. w00t.gif

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

Nothing about it involves knowing what your salary is. If I had asked anyone, it would have been reported in this thread surely. tongue.png

To quote your OP:-

"So, to all farangs in Thailand who earn their income based on a salary: what is your salary in Baht per month (gross amount, i.e., before tax)?"

QED.