Chiang Mai Redshirts Attack PCAD Rally

webfact

same would have happened if PTP set up a rally in BKK

don't be hypocrites!

PTP would be moronic to do that just as the fascists are for doing it here

When the pro-government "Respect My Vote" astroturfing group gathered in Bangkok, how may times were they chased away by anti-government protestors and their stages tore down?

• Like 1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The PCAD fascists where shown the door by the pro-democracy reds!

They run like cowards when they don’t have their southern thugs with assault rifles to protect them. bah.gif

which fascists are you on about, the ones that attack a peaceful protest! seems there are as many red shirt thugs in Chiang Mai!!

You may not agree with the politics, but since when is peaceful protest being fascist? Is that not a democratic right, without fear of attack by opponents!

same would have happened if PTP set up a rally in BKK

don't be hypocrites!

PTP would be moronic to do that just as the fascists are for doing it here

When the pro-government "Respect My Vote" astroturfing group gathered in Bangkok, how may times were they chased away by anti-government protestors and their stages tore down?

What happens when red shirts try to enter a PDRC stronghold

Apart from a unsourced photo, you're also wandering off topic.

The topic is anti-government protesters running away from 'only' menacing red-shirts.

Edited by rubl

For all the moaners who criticize PCAD for wanting to reform by using means of demonstration: look at your friendly, heart warming alternative. The chronically threatening, one sided and violent neanderthals in red that never learned their lesson.

I support the need for reforms, I do not support the use of violence, I wonder did you use the same language to describe the acts of violence, and abuse, by the protesters against those who wished to vote? did you call them " Neanderthals" also ? I'll wager you did not!!! Now who's one sided???

Now tell us just what "lesson" did they not learn?

• Like 1

They run like cowards when they don’t have their southern thugs with assault rifles to protect them. bah.gif

which fascists are you on about, the ones that attack a peaceful protest! seems there are as many red shirt thugs in Chiang Mai!!

You may not agree with the politics, but since when is peaceful protest being fascist? Is that not a democratic right, without fear of attack by opponents!

To cast a vote, I'll use your own words, " Is that not a democratic right, without fear of attack by opponents!"

Is that what the peaceful anti-government protesters did? c'mon man

• Like 1

I would say that it was more akin to strategic retreat. The reds are the # 1 scum in the realm...coffee1.gif

For all the moaners who criticize PCAD for wanting to reform by using means of demonstration: look at your friendly, heart warming alternative. The chronically threatening, one sided and violent neanderthals in red that never learned their lesson.

I support the need for reforms, I do not support the use of violence, I wonder did you use the same language to describe the acts of violence, and abuse, by the protesters against those who wished to vote? did you call them " Neanderthals" also ? I'll wager you did not!!! Now who's one sided???

That when you're preaching 'democracy against dictatorship' you're not supposed to 'menace' anti-government protesters because you don't like them, or whatever 'good' reason those red-shirts thought they had for 'disturbing' the rally of those 'others'.

To cast a vote, I'll use your own words, " Is that not a democratic right, without fear of attack by opponents!"

You are right. And it's due to the fact that there are a lot of school boys posting on TV.

And it would be a surprise if many could spell 'democracy' let alone know the meaning of the word. biggrin.png

Edited by johnlandy

Didn't the PCAD have their armed, hired thugs like in BKK?

I suppose they know that they cannot be big armed, hired thugs outside of a tiny percent of the country.

So you support what the red shirts did? Was it ok to forcefully and violently break up a peaceful demonstration?

But then you probably think that what they did in 2010 was fine, so this is nothing, right?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I must have missed that in the topic the PCAD rally attendants were the offensive party and the red-shirts the innocent, peaceful lovables.

• Like 1

I'm not defending anyone, It gets tiresome when the same tit for tat excuses are rolled out. Two wrongs don't make it right. IMO

Just when I thought the PCAD supporters couldn't get any stupider, they come out and do something like this.

They should have gone to Bangkok, Suthep needs more people... the numbers there must be down to about 20 now.

• Like 2

You seem to have some problem in discerning what is what.

The Nazi's did like the reds tend to do.

But of course, CM is the hub of Nazism if I may believe the news about schools sporting Nazi-symbols and uniforms.

Not very wise to try to venture out of your stronghold into free Thailand. Where, what the army allowed to happen in Bangkok will not be allowed to happen in Chaing Mai, Yes you reap what you sow, you use strong arm tactics against common citizens that only want to vote and expect not to receive the same treatment..

They got exactly what they deserved, run out of town, signs and stage dismantled and no one hurt!

You must expect the same treatment and consideration you gave to those that did not agree to your fascist tactics in Bangkok and the South on election day, Right on!

Cheers

The PCAD protesters were from Chiang Mai. Are you suggesting that all Chiang Mai anti-government people should leave their home towns?

What do you think would happen if local pro democracy red shirts set up a stage and began protesting in say Surat Thani?

Seriously...what do you think would happen?

• Like 1

The interesting thing about this article was not the thuggery we have all come to expect from the Chiang Mai reds - but the fact that they called themselves the "Independent Chiang Mai Reds"

Interesting.....

Independent from whom?

Thida?

Thaksin?

Phua Thai?

The rest of Thailand?

• Like 1

Not very wise to try to venture out of your stronghold into free Thailand. Where, what the army allowed to happen in Bangkok will not be allowed to happen in Chaing Mai, Yes you reap what you sow, you use strong arm tactics against common citizens that only want to vote and expect not to receive the same treatment..

They got exactly what they deserved, run out of town, signs and stage dismantled and no one hurt!

You must expect the same treatment and consideration you gave to those that did not agree to your fascist tactics in Bangkok and the South on election day, Right on!

Cheers

The PCAD protesters were from Chiang Mai. Are you suggesting that all Chiang Mai anti-government people should leave their home towns?

What do you think would happen if local pro democracy red shirts set up a stage and began protesting in say Surat Thani?

Seriously...what do you think would happen?

Been drinking the koolade have you

uote name="Why ask" post="7448940" timestamp="1392613811"]

They run like cowards when they dont have their southern thugs with assault rifles to protect them. bah.gif

So, peacefully demonstrating in front of a temple, thugs arrive, and you think they should have stayed to have an aggravated battle, causing bloodshed?

You agree to unpeaceful demonstrations, as that's what these red-shirts did? Typical red-shirt support - go kill everybody. bah.gif

Just when I thought the PCAD supporters couldn't get any stupider, they come out and do something like this.

They should have gone to Bangkok, Suthep needs more people... the numbers there must be down to about 20 now.

PCAD supporters? Who do you mean, the menacing red-shirts?

• Like 1

I'm not defending anyone, It gets tiresome when the same tit for tat excuses are rolled out. Two wrongs don't make it right. IMO

But the PCAD clearly didn't do anything wrong up there-just demonstrate, right? How is that so wrong? Do you prefer the Chinese or North Korean way? Why moan about them using the only means which are reasonable: protest by taking it to the street, along with social media.

Edited by gemini81

That when you're preaching 'democracy against dictatorship' you're not supposed to 'menace' anti-government protesters because you don't like them, or whatever 'good' reason those red-shirts thought they had for 'disturbing' the rally of those 'others'.

So rubI, would you agree that "preaching democracy against dictatorship" ie: people saying resect my vote, or people that do wish to vote,

"your not supposed to 'menace' others because you don't like them?

Chiang Mai Redshirts Attack PCAD Rally

By Khaosod English

13926106701392610865l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Scores of pro-government supporters have attacked the anti-government rally in Chiang Mai province yesterday.

Demonstrators of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) were organising a rally under the theme of "We will give love to Chiang Mai" in front of Wat Jed Yod Temple to show their solidarity with fellow anti-government protests in Bangkok.

At 13.30, over 200 Redshirts calling themselves "Independent Chiang Mai Reds" arrived, led by Mr. Abhichart Insorn, near the PCAD rally and approached the anti-government protesters in threatening manner, causing PCAD demonstrators to flee into the temple.

Approximately 60 police officers attempted to separate the two rival protest groups from each other by closing the gate of the temple where PCAD demonstrators were taking shelter.

The Redshirts then proceeded to dismantle the PCAD rally stage, burning the banners and throwing stage structures into the nearby canal.

PCAD supporters later fled the area via the temple′s backdoor. No injury has been reported.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1qWXhNRFkzTUE9PQ==

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2014-02-17

I'll condemn these actions by the reds. It's not in their best interest to stop a peaceful demonstration as that is democracy in its core.

Only god thing here is that Khaosod proves that they can give straightforward non biased news.

Sent from the Appie Tappie

So rubI, would you agree that "preaching democracy against dictatorship" ie: people saying resect my vote, or people that do wish to vote,

"your not supposed to 'menace' others because you don't like them?

For one 'democracy against dictatorship' as used by UDD / red-shirts has nothing to do with democracy or even 'respecting my vote'. It has to do with supporting a government which tried to push through an amnesty the UDD is now desperately trying to forget the government ever tried to. The 'respect my vote' is much more than the actual vote or voting. It goes beyond elections and not like "we have won, we have a mandate, please go home now'.

Secondly the reasoning of 'they did menace why can't others menace them' may appeal to some, but real Democratic Societies have moved beyond the "eye for an eye". A lot of the violence at polling booth was avoidable if the government hadn't continually tried to position the anti-government protesters as 'anti-constitutional', 'mob', 'minority', 'terrorists', 'rebels' and whatever they could think of. Just because the anti-government protests really were more than expected or calculated in when they started the 'blanket amnesty bill' push.

Thirdly most violence seems to have been against the anti-government protesters. By police, unknowns, verbal by Pheu Thai.

So back to the topic, a PCAD rally 'menaced' into 'run for your lives'. Democratically of course rolleyes.gif

• Like 1