Samut Prakarn: Police officer shot by 'teen motorbike gangster'

webfact

Policeman Shot By 'Teen Motorbike Gangster'
By Khaosod English

13926274321392627507l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A police officer had been reportedly shot by a motorcycle gang member during a crackdown on nighttime street racing in Samut Prakarn province.

The incident took place in Prah Pradaeng district last night when police officers from Samrong Tai Police Station blocked the roads in effort to arrest dek van, motorcyclist racing gangs whose members are mostly in teenage years.

Pol.Lt. Suksawat Loinork had chased a motorcyclist into a small alley and managed to stop the suspect, his colleague said. As he was searching the suspect, however, another motorcycle appeared and its passenger allegedly shot the policeman several times before fleeing the scene.

The officer is being treated in Viparam-Chaiprakarn Hospital for gunshot wounds in his right arm and back.

Pol.Maj.Gen Tatchai Hong-Thong, commander of Samut Prakarm Provincial Police, said a CCTV installed at a nearby factory might have captured the footage of the confrontation.

Pol.Maj.Gen Tatchai added that he has also instructed the police force in the province to revise and rehearse their tactics to curb illegal racing strategy, in order to ensure better protection for police officers in the future operations.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1qWXlOelF6TWc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-02-17

Police volunteer shot by street racer in Bangkok
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A pre-dawn operation by Bangkok police to arrest street-racers Monday almost ended in tragedy when a racer opened fire at a rescue pick-up truck that was aiding police, wounding a community-policing volunteer.

Metropolitan Police Bureau 3 deputy chief Pol Colonel Ek Ekkasart presented the suspect, Somkiat Mekloy, 23, along with two pen guns, 19 pieces of ammunition and a modified motorbike as evidence.

During the police operation at 2am to arrest the racers on Liab Waree Road in Nong Chok district, Somkiat opened fire at the rescue vehicle, hitting police volunteer Somchai Nima on the right shoulder and shattering one of the vehicle's windows. Other racers used ping-pong bombs to evade pursuing police, but police managed to seize seven motorcycles at the scene.

Police later identified Somkiat as the shooter and arrested him along with the above-mentioned evidence. Somkiat reportedly confessed to firing a pen gun - which he said he bought for Bt1,200 as a self-defence weapon against rival racers - at a rival group, but the bullet hit the rescue car and wounded Somchai instead. He was initially facing a charge of attempted murder of an on-duty official, along with charges of illegal possession of gun, carrying a gun into a public place without permission, and illegal racing on a public road.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-17

he wanted to kill him for no real reason. I wonder how many of story like that goes unpublished in the english newspaper.... i guess a lot!

All are published, and reasons why.

Don't you recall the guy in the UK, going to visit his wife who had just given birth? Standing at a bus stop with his daughter.

Stabbed to death, in front of his daughter, and the culprits asked why. Answer: "We were bored!"

There's always a reason, even if it as sad a boredom. However, more behind this than meets the eye.

he wanted to kill him for no real reason. I wonder how many of story like that goes unpublished in the english newspaper.... i guess a lot!

All are published, and reasons why.

Don't you recall the guy in the UK, going to visit his wife who had just given birth? Standing at a bus stop with his daughter.

Stabbed to death, in front of his daughter, and the culprits asked why. Answer: "We were bored!"

There's always a reason, even if it as sad a boredom. However, more behind this than meets the eye.

no i dont remember... i dont come from the UK. Whats your point? Its happen all around the world?

So i just let you know, there are 5 times more murder in Thailand than in UK.....

"All are published,"

You are talking rubbish!

Edited by Bender

He bought weapons for "self defense." This makes it OK by Thai police standards. Of course, there will be no further investigation by the Thai press and no police crackdown. Maybe the Thai press will run a story after the next random shooting or worse, killing. Bystanders be forewarned about racing , weapons, and danger in Thailand.

He bought weapons for "self defense." This makes it OK by Thai police standards. Of course, there will be no further investigation by the Thai press and no police crackdown. Maybe the Thai press will run a story after the next random shooting or worse, killing. Bystanders be forewarned about racing , weapons, and danger in Thailand.

Why do you continually post such tosh? Nowhere does it say that having a weapon for self defence is ok by Thai police standards, the only one saying that is you. There is a crackdown happening right now, that is how the shooting came to happen and the investigation is the police's responsibility. Since when does the press investigate criminal acts? Their job is to report incidents and and make the public aware of what's happening around them in their communities.

• Like 1

Thailand has to come down hard on this sort of thing including these street racers. The way things are at present it makes a mockery of the law. Thailand has enough laws for all these issues but they are not enforced.

Simple things like no number plate on a motor cycle goes without the police taking action. I may be daft but every motor cycle I have bought has come with a number plate so there is no excuse for not having one.

Crimes of violence like this police shooting should give the guy at least 15 years behind bars.

Will it happen? Probably not

Thailand has to come down hard on this sort of thing including these street racers. The way things are at present it makes a mockery of the law. Thailand has enough laws for all these issues but they are not enforced.

Simple things like no number plate on a motor cycle goes without the police taking action. I may be daft but every motor cycle I have bought has come with a number plate so there is no excuse for not having one.

Crimes of violence like this police shooting should give the guy at least 15 years behind bars.

Will it happen? Probably not

Yes, he has broken the law. All the police, the whole lot, every single one should also be behind bars, as they are the worst criminals in Thailand.