Providing "guarantee" for a Thai friend?

I have a Thai friend who wants to move to London to work, doing Thai massage. She wants to work at a shop owned by her Thai friend.

She has told me that she would like a "guarantee" so that she can do this.

My question - what does she want? And is it even possible for me to give such a guarantee, assuming that I wanted to?

The type of guarantee you are asking about is unenforceable in UK law and so not acceptable to UKVI or the Home Office.

If she wants to work in the UK as a Thai masseuse your friend will have to apply under Part 3 (General) of Tier 2 of the points based system.

Note that her prospective employer must have a certificate of sponsorship from the Home Office.

To be honest, though, I am not sure if a Thai masseuse, even if qualified, would be eligible to apply under the PBS.

It would be pretty unlikely that a masseuse would be eligible.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/workingintheuk/shortageoccupationlistnov11.pdf

Unless the pay is over £150K a year it ain't going to happen based on working!

Unless she qualifies for a different visa type she is very unlikely to be able to come to the UK.

Thank you for confirming that the "guarantee" idea is impossible for the UK.

Are there any Western countries where the idea of a "guarantee" would apply? Her knowledge of moving to work in another country is probably limited to what she has heard when chatting to her Thai friends.

So it would be helpful if I could say something like "Yes, Sweden, Australia and Denmark all accept guarantees - that is why your Thai friends were able to find work, but the UK doesn't". I would like to be able to give her some informed advice.