Farang road rage

Chiengmaijoe

The guy with no helmet clearly in the wrong. What a prick picking a fight. He's the moron. Admittedly, I've seen many times thai riders doing things like this and much worse (not the fighting). Had I been the guy with the helmet, I'd be pretty angry too.

I must admit to getting road rage a lot myself here. But usually just cursing in the confines of my own vehicle.

• Like 1

Black shirt man shouldn't be on a bike he can't drive

Between the Chinese and farang tourists, Thai drivers are starting to look pretty good in comparison. There are a lot of streets downtown where it is legal for bicycles to go in both directions, if one stays in the bicycle lane near the curb. I am always getting stupid Westerners yelling and screaming at me for going "the wrong way", because they have no idea what the regulations are here.
I understand the same in Amsterdam however, this guy just did not bother looking if I was the guy in white shirt and white car id be wanting damage to my bike and car paid for.
  • Like 2

Probably a tourist on a rented scooter, probably already gone.

I hope the cars were undamaged paint/panel wise. I hate to see completely innocent people out of pocket due to a hit and run.

The victim should have been going slow enough to be able to stop. The number one rule of lane splitting/filtering, especially when there are lane splitters in the lane parallel to you too.

That said the lunatic was greatly in the wrong.

Edited by Khon Thai Ben Khon Dee
  • Like 2

I hope the cars were undamaged paint/panel wise. I hate to see completely innocent people out of pocket due to a hit and run.

The victim should have been going slow enough to be able to stop. The number one rule of lane splitting/filtering, especially when there are lane splitters in the lane parallel to you too.

It didn't look like the drivers of the two vehicles even got out to have a look at the cars.

• Like 1

Black shirt man shouldn't be on a bike he can't drive

Between the Chinese and farang tourists, Thai drivers are starting to look pretty good in comparison. There are a lot of streets downtown where it is legal for bicycles to go in both directions, if one stays in the bicycle lane near the curb. I am always getting stupid Westerners yelling and screaming at me for going "the wrong way", because they have no idea what the regulations are here.

The fact that the road markings for bicycle lanes have all but disappeared doesn't help, I suppose.

It didn't look like the drivers of the two vehicles even got out to have a look at the cars.

Probably out of fear, would have been funny if the car driver was sharky big tattooed monster
  • Like 1

Coming to Thailand, and CM for the first time, and renting a bike or a car and navigating this city is a fairly daunting experience.Ok for us that have lived here for a while but the 2 way bicycle ways are just an example that you may not expect.The left turn at some red lights is also not on in my country,then we have red lights where no left hand turn is allowed until they turn green but people still do.

The number of, especially Chinese tourists, wobbling around on motor bikes and bicycles is quite scary many of them are obviously doing it for the first time.

Motor cycles that weave in and out,jockeying for prime positions don't exactly help either,expect it to get worse as the city gradually moves towards grid lock.

If Thailand were not 99% Buddhist it would be number 1 in road rage!

Would be nice to see the jerk without the helmet get arrested for assault.

The reason why Thailand has low incidents of road rage, is that it`s likely one of the parties concerned will have a knife or a gun and kill you. Common sense prevailing, most Thai motorists prefer to keep their heads down increasing their odds of getting to wherever it is they are going in one piece.

It`s obvious the farang in black is in the wrong, plus he`s not wearing a helmet. Perhaps he`s a Brit? As these incidents are common place in the UK. One farang in black, the other in white. It`s like a clash between good and evil. Feel sorry for the guy in white, who was probably in shock and hurt during the incident and his motorbike may have been damaged. Don`t know what I would have done in that situation? Especially if having to deal with an aggressive imbecile like that moron.

If Thailand were not 99% Buddhist it would be number 1 in road rage!

Would be nice to see the jerk without the helmet get arrested for assault.

The reason why Thailand has low incidents of road rage, is that it`s likely one of the parties concerned will have a knife or a gun and kill you. Common sense prevailing, most Thai motorists prefer to keep their heads down increasing their odds of getting to wherever it is they are going in one piece.

It`s obvious the farang in black is in the wrong, plus he`s not wearing a helmet. Perhaps he`s a Brit? As these incidents are common place in the UK. One farang in black, the other in white. It`s like a clash between good and evil. Feel sorry for the guy in white, who was probably in shock and hurt during the incident and his motorbike may have been damaged. Don`t know what I would have done in that situation? Especially if having to deal with an aggressive imbecile like that moron.

"Perhaps he`s a Brit? As these incidents are common place in the UK"

Oi! I resemble that remark, step outside!

• Like 2