Suthep threatens mass rally on Wednesday

webfact

What so many seem to miss here is that the amnesty bill was the trigger, and the rice scheme is the bomb that will eventually explode and destroy this government. Say what you want about Supthep, but things will never be business as usual in Thai politics again.

IIRC there has been one PM since the 1950's to finish his term.

So no, this is Thai politics as usual. rolleyes.gif

No, I disagree. (I think you should have used the plural of term) Regardless of that; what the Shins have done in order to control the country and its resources has led to an uprising of the people that be. It has happened before, but it didn't achieved the same amount of political awareness that has been seen of late.

Edited by Local Drunk

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sooner or later people have to go to work, money first.

People around my Moo Bahn in northern BKK were offered 800b a day back in December. Not sure what the going rate is now.

Remember the BIllions (with a cool.png that Suthep's palm-oil family and friends made with his policies when he was the government palm-oil minister.

4-5 Billion baht in one year was the estimate. rolleyes.gif

People around my Moo Bahn in northern BKK were offered 800b a day back in December. Not sure what the going rate is now.

Remember the BIllions (with a cool.png that Suthep's palm-oil family and friends made with his policies when he was the government palm-oil minister.

I love the way that you condemn Supthep and excuse the Shins...

Are you drunk (going by your nik) or just stupid?

Are you drunk (going by your nik) or just stupid?

You should ask Charlem that question.

Suthep hits the nail on the head , make or break time , unless Suthep can muster the crowd of plenty , the momentum has been lost , so if you are a Suthep follower back your man, as Elvis sang "It's now or Never",coffee1.gif

It's never make or break though is it? If it's not 'make', and it never has been and never will be, it's also not 'break', is it? It will just drag on, as it did after all the other 'final pushes, final battles and D-Days' and other types of makes or breaks that Suthep ever announced. I wish it was make or break, because I really don't care which money grabbing gang wins this battle, as long as order and peace is restored.

I actually think he works for Thaksin.

He's trashed parliamentary democracy and all the while a Shinawatra stays in charge. This was Thaksin's ultimate goal and Suthep handed it to him on a silver platter.

If you think Thailand has parliamentary democracy you are toatally ignorant of the true situation in this country

What so many seem to miss here is that the amnesty bill was the trigger, and the rice scheme is the bomb that will eventually explode and destroy this government. Say what you want about Supthep, but things will never be business as usual in Thai politics again.

Though many may wish the same or similar... I doubt this will have much if any affect on Thai Politics in our lifetime... the flavors of the month....they come and go.... but the deeply rooted custom survives and flourishes... if not in the face of the press...certainly behind closed doors...what will be thrust in to the forefront are the new faces.. the coy ones... emerging already... giving notice... testing the waters...trying to get brand recognition... but the underlying problem will take a lot more than a new veneer on a bad tooth... it will take a root canal...with no anesthesia...gonna hurt.. for a good while..... if and when they ever start the cleansing..... I wish I was as optimistic about the Thai Politic as I am about the Thai People... it won't take much longer for them to understand that this starts at home...it's easy to vilify the external targets but not so easy to look in the mirror..and realize it starts with personal integrity. and choosing the character that makes a proper role model for the future generations...

• Like 2

As today's horrible images confirm, this administration is out of control and has over-reached its response unconscionably. For those that still take time to dump on Suthep, he is in the front-lines. Not you, not Chalerm, and certainly not Thaksin. Whatever you think of him, he is fighting for what he believes. And he is risking his life for what he believes. But at the end of the day, this movement is far, far greater than Suthep. The administration is under the illusion that resistance somehow magically ceases with the last person taken off the streets. The administration seems to believe that resistance to Thaksin somehow magically ceases once Suthep is placed in jail. Whatever Yingluck and Chalerm achieve with their fully-armed legions of riot-police, today will nonetheless be viewed as an inexorable slide towards the end of the Yingluck administration. That feeling will be sensed in any part of the globe that witnesses these images here. It will even be felt in a luxury hotel room in Dubai, where a man surrounded by a sea of cel-phones, shouts out his orders on the ground.

I've been wondering about something...It's well known that there is an active arrest warrant out for Suthep, (and several other bright lights of the local fascist movement) and yet, he's out and about the streets of the capital every day, preaching sedition, and yet there has been no move whatsoever to haul him in. Therefore, what would stop Mr. T from coming back to Thailand? With a PT caretaker government in place, there's no danger of him being messed with in any way, or so it would seem. There would be a constant threat of assassination, of course, but he can afford the very best in security.

This government very much needs his expert, immediate, hands-on guidance. The current leadership seems paralyzed. Millions of people would welcome him back wholeheartedly. Time for The Man to return.

• Like 1

Is K. Suthep Thailand's most successful failure!

Close down BKK - FAILED

Stop democratic elections -FAILED

Shut down Government - FAILED

Gained International support - FAILED

Gain National support - FAILED

Unify Thailand - FAILED

Learnt from his mistakes - FAILED

Become less corrupt - FAILED

Ousted Shinawatra family from politics - FAILED

• Like 2

I am going to try to get the contract for transporting the protesters.

I have 3 motocycles and a Tuk Tuk lined up.

Should be enough.

You must be a great man

even 2,000 police can not move what you can do with 3 motorbikes and a single tuk tuk

do they let you out often, or did you escape

The reasons behind why 2000 police cannot move a few die-hard protesters are far more complex than having enough transport.

...I can think of three reasons why the police cannot shift the protesters:

(i) they have no balls;

(ii) they are led by a moron; and

(ii) they can see the writing on the wall; that is, that they are aware that their allegiance to the current crooked 'government' will all be for nought in the very near future, so they don't want to leave themselves open to all sorts of charges once power changes hands.

I think you left out 4: no tea money, or not enough to make it worthwhile

Seems only way Suthep can have a "mass" rally is if he goes off for some Catholic service on Sunday...

• Like 1

Is K. Suthep Thailand's most successful failure!

Close down BKK - FAILED

Stop democratic elections -FAILED

Shut down Government - FAILED

Gained International support - FAILED

Gain National support - FAILED

Unify Thailand - FAILED

Learnt from his mistakes - FAILED

Become less corrupt - FAILED

Ousted Shinawatra family from politics - FAILED

Last gasp of a failed government - bring out the goon squad.

• Like 1

Policeman shot in the head. Peaceful protesters without weapons of course. So superior. rolleyes.gif

you want the proof you can listen to kamnan thep !!

we are NOT arm !!

"you want the proof you can listen to kamnan thep !!

we are NOT arm !!"

Last night on Blue Sky TV Suthep said that he was from a small family, he was a village headman and he was HONEST.

"In 1995, a scandal involving his land reform program caused then-Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai to dissolve the House rather than face a no-confidence vote. Suthep was criticized for allegedly giving land rights to the wealthy under a reform scheme intended for the poor. He denied the charge but resigned."

HONEST SUTHEP would you buy a used car from this man?

• Like 2

Policeman shot in the head. Peaceful protesters without weapons of course. So superior. rolleyes.gif

You surely have a proof that the protesters did it? Not the police themself, not Chalerms 3rd hand, not some weirdo, no the police snipers, not the police with rifles, not the army.

It was the protesters......where is the proof or evidence?

you want the proof you can listen to kamnan thep !!

we are NOT arm !!

"you want the proof you can listen to kamnan thep !!

we are NOT arm !!"

Last night on Blue Sky TV Suthep said that he was from a small family, he was a village headman and he was HONEST.

"In 1995, a scandal involving his land reform program caused then-Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai to dissolve the House rather than face a no-confidence vote. Suthep was criticized for allegedly giving land rights to the wealthy under a reform scheme intended for the poor. He denied the charge but resigned."

HONEST SUTHEP would you buy a used car from this man?

And from 1995 till now, no one could find anything corrupt/wrong in this reform program....And I am sure TRT, PPP, PTP turned around every stone in Koh Samui to find something.

Hard to believe this guy still actually has followers, outside of the paid thugs and a small % of the mid/hi-so classes who despise the poor majority, because they are poor and undeserving of a voice and it should always remain so. rolleyes.gif

Hard to believe you actually got out of bed this morning

My thai wife is one of these people your talking about

i I personaly think she has 4 time the intlligence that you have when sober

• Like 2

i think this day will be the las day for the thaksin government.

everybody from bangkok and many million people will come to the street.

Bangkok is not Thailand ... You forget the millions in the majority that support democracy.