Honda dealership experience - for a falang - part deux

4get the GRAMER POLICE, a rite load of tossers ,rejected Brit Teachers mainly.cheesy.gif

Geez-us !!!

I was just trying to help the guy with VOCABULARY, geniuses. It isn't grammar.

Get over it. Some people here just hate to be enlightened about anything.

BTW, Ace of Paps, are all 2600 or so posts just childish nonsense like that? I would be far too embarrassed to make meaningless little posts like that.

-

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4get the GRAMER POLICE, a rite load of tossers ,rejected Brit Teachers mainly.cheesy.gif

Geez-us !!!

BTW, Ace of Paps, are all 2600 or so posts just childish nonsense like that? I would be far too embarrassed to make meaningless little posts like that.

-

This is the motoring forum, we police nothing, it's what gear heads do.......smile.png

• Like 2

Geez-us !!!

-

I love when people say they're Nauseous...

Someone did not remember what they posted....

Oh no, she said, mai dai ka. It is policy of the finance company (Thanachart and Tisco ...not tesco).

So, which is it?? In any case, it is still not the "pretty young thing's" fault.

Personally, I agree with the policy. Try thinking about how hard it is to chase defaulted payments when the 'farang' leaves the country (and his wife) for whatever reason.

totster smile.png

Maybe try to read? The sales girl said 'it is the finance company's policy', which was contradicted by the finance company themselves, by already approving a loan to the OP for a different car.

You are wrong. No one knows what terms and conditions have been offered to the different dealers by the finance company, it's just an assumption made by the OP to justify his outrage. The finance company have contradicted nothing.

totster smile.png

Sure, if comprehensive reading is not your thing you can reach that conclusion.

I had a terrible time with Honda as well. I was thinking of buying an Amaze or a Mitsubishi Attrage. My experience in Honda went like this :-

1. Can I have a discount - NO

2. Can I have free insurance - NO

3. Can I test drive the car - NO

4. Do you have the car i want available - NO.

The Mitsubishi garage said YES to all of these and threw in a load of freebies as well. They got the order.

BTW i rented the new Vios for a test drive and i feel the Attrage is just as good and much cheaper for the same spec.

In comparison to your experience i went to a Honda dealer 3 months ago and was treated with

great respect and helpfulness.

I didn't ask for a discount as i wouldn't expect a discount off the listed price.

I didn't ask for a test drive as i already knew the car that i wanted.

I asked about the current availability of the car that interested me,and was told can pick up in 3 days.

I asked about free1st class insurance, was told yes, together with free recovery service too.

I asked about promotional extras and was given, free parking sensors, mats, door visors and film.

I then proceeded to purchase the car.

If i didn't get the responses that i would have expected, i would have simply gone to another Honda

dealership instead.

So not all Honda dealerships treat their customers in the same way.

• Like 1

Geez-us !!!

-

"Ace of Papa" is just another thai apologist. Look at the thread on"Mazda 2 tires", and the "Ace of thai apologists" says the Thais have better tires than the Brits. You need to get real "Ace"

You should be able to get financing by showing your work permit, tabian bahn, and other documentation that indicates you are a true resident here; if you do not have those, then you cannot fault the finance company (or the car brand) for what you describe as 'discrimination' and what I would describe as basic business common sense using risk profiling.

Those of you who are here on tourist/retirement visas etc would be wise to remember that there is nothing stopping you running up big bills and then leaving tomorrow; there is no real commitment to Thailand on paper, so put yourselves in the finance company's chair, you would be insane to lend to a farang with no ability to run a proper credit check on them, no real proven income (sorry but 800,000b in the bank is virtually nothing and a few slips of pensions from overseas could be easily fake and no one would know), lack of assets etc - you are a greater risk than a local who can be chased down more easily. At least this is how it appears.

Each car brand has a different risk profile that they can live with, I would imagine. Mitsu - well beggars can't be choosers would be a fair description.

On the other hand, if your wife owns it, they can chase up your wife, then obviously that is what the sales person likely would assume was occurring since you were discussing the whole transaction as if she was the one buying.

Why discriminate - well that's pretty obvious, credit risk, insurance, banks, financiers do it all the time in every country in the world. Did you say what you wanted upfront (I can picture in my mind how this conversation went down)?

I really can't see anything unreasonable with การแบ่งแยก in this case, it would be the same in the rest of the world. Just because Toyota offers me 2.75% I cannot just walk over to Honda and say you must offer the same (even if the 3rd party financing is outsourced to the same company). Right?

Good luck. I would suggest if you cannot find what you want, go to a tent, and 3rd party financing is dead simple to arrange with a slightly higher interest rate/more fees + VAT payable on the financed amount, you can find loads of the exact type of cars you are looking at with almost no miles on them....because they have been repossessed already. Get a car company (there are several large companies including some from abroad) to run a check on it, check the service record, it's a 400-600,000b car, not a race car; how many thrashings do you think such a car can get in a few months that wouldn't be picked up in a check?

Edited by steveromagnino
  • Like 1

Geez-us !!!

-

"Ace of Papa" is just another thai apologist. Look at the thread on"Mazda 2 tires", and the "Ace of thai apologists" says the Thais have better tires than the Brits. You need to get real "Ace"

Savaged by a Dead Sheep,welcomeani.gif

• Like 1

Steveromagnino.... I cannot type it better than I have twice already. Third time...I have wp (4-5 years), gold Aeon card (3 years good credit), etc.

To repeat, the same finance company has approved my loan with Mitsubishi. No worries in getting approved at Toyota or even Nissan.

The policy of not offering the same 49k deposit to a foreigner is just that, THEIR policy, not the finance company's. It is discrimination.

I got over it, I thought I would share it here for all to read. Life goes on.

Car reg 3k, 500 for something else, total deposit 119k, Minus 35k dep discount, deposit needed to drive car is 85k

Extras are film, car cover, 1 year car insurance, 500 baht gas and some other stuff I cannot read.

What is the deposit discount?

Op. Why go for the top of the range? I have a Mirage @460k

Has ABS etc. But no stupid smart key or crap touch screen audio and alloys .. but 60k cheaper ... 140k down over 4 years 7500k PR month.

Also aren't Mitsubishi doing promotions at the moment. Saw it on TV this morning

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

30-50% would be par for the course for a foreigner with no credit history. Have you owned and paid off a car yourself? Just put it in your wife's name and get the low rate. The car won't be worth a lot in 5 years anyway, so no matter if it's in your wife's name anyway. Or just pay more down and pay less overall interest.

He can't afford to...it appears it's already such a stretch for him to buy one of these cheap econo-boxes that he has to finance it over 6 years!

30-50% would be par for the course for a foreigner with no credit history. Have you owned and paid off a car yourself? Just put it in your wife's name and get the low rate. The car won't be worth a lot in 5 years anyway, so no matter if it's in your wife's name anyway. Or just pay more down and pay less overall interest.

He can't afford to...it appears it's already such a stretch for him to buy one of these cheap econo-boxes that he has to finance it over 6 years!

Well, not all of us can afford Bentleys, like you.

Op. Why go for the top of the range? I have a Mirage @460k

Has ABS etc. But no stupid smart key or crap touch screen audio and alloys .. but 60k cheaper ... 140k down over 4 years 7500k PR month.

Also aren't Mitsubishi doing promotions at the moment. Saw it on TV this morning

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As posted before, yes, Mitsu is offering 35k deposit discount. And I was not impressed with the screen on the GLS LTD. They are charging 53k more for this than the GLS. And no navigation, which is advertised in the brochure and website.

I can put a similar screen with all the bells and whistles for 20k.

And your option, I am also considering. Thanks for your post!!

A Bentley? LOL!

Only a few threads away he's attacking those who can afford to buy 5M Baht Benz's. I think he's just not happy unless everyone matches his own level of mediocrity ;)

Just add him to your ignore list - then at least you only see his ramblings in quoted replies :P

• Like 1

You went to buy something that you don't have enough money for.

When you couldn't buy it, you got in a big huff and berated the lowly sales assistant and then came on the internet and ranted about it. I must have missed something 'cos I don't get it. If you don't have the money, you can't buy it.

• Like 2

A Bentley? LOL!

Only a few threads away he's attacking those who can afford to buy 5M Baht Benz's. I think he's just not happy unless everyone matches his own level of mediocrity wink.png

Just add him to your ignore list - then at least you only see his ramblings in quoted replies tongue.png

...and he probably walks to his favorite bar...laugh.png

You are wrong. No one knows what terms and conditions have been offered to the different dealers by the finance company, it's just an assumption made by the OP to justify his outrage. The finance company have contradicted nothing.

totster smile.png

Let's stick to facts rather than make assumptions based on unknown factors which tends not to be the most accurate way of doing things.

Let's also have a thought for the 'pretty young thing' that the OP is essentially calling a liar (with you egging him on in the background).

And... another thought.. Even if it were company policy (although I am quite happy to accept the 'pretty young thing's' word on this) , so what ? They are free to protect themselves if they want, discrimination?? NO, good business sense ?? YES smile.png

OP - stop crying and buy from another dealer, and take stevenl out for a milkshake, you can share discrimination stories to make yourselves feel better passifier.gif

totster biggrin.png

• Like 1

totster smile.png

Let's stick to facts rather than make assumptions based on unknown factors which tends not to be the most accurate way of doing things.

Let's also have a thought for the 'pretty young thing' that the OP is essentially calling a liar (with you egging him on in the background).

And... another thought.. Even if it were company policy (although I am quite happy to accept the 'pretty young thing's' word on this) , so what ? They are free to protect themselves if they want, discrimination?? NO, good business sense ?? YES smile.png

OP - stop crying and buy from another dealer, and take stevenl out for a milkshake, you can share discrimination stories to make yourselves feel better passifier.gif

totster biggrin.png

I was hoping you'd have practiced your comprehensive reading in the 24+ hours it took you to answer this, unfortunately no.

• Like 1

totster smile.png

totster biggrin.png

I was hoping you'd have practiced your comprehensive reading in the 24+ hours it took you to answer this, unfortunately no.

I was hoping you would have used your brain and see sense over the last 24hrs... looks like we are both disappointed eh ? rolleyes.gif

totster :)

• Like 2

A Bentley? LOL!

Only a few threads away he's attacking those who can afford to buy 5M Baht Benz's. I think he's just not happy unless everyone matches his own level of mediocrity ;)

Just add him to your ignore list - then at least you only see his ramblings in quoted replies :P

Sipping a cuppa as we speak about which "mediocre" car I will buy. Thanks for reminding me. Paid 70baht for this bag of instant coffee!

Somtam,next You will be accused of not being able to afford a Real Coffee Machine. Driving those Eco Cars makes me quite Cheerful anyway,especially the Swift,and Mitsu.coffee1.gif

Can't win for losing, AOP. Can't win for losing.

Will update this story tomorrow, as it will conclude. I was turned down for the Bentley financing, btw.