Aluminium security doors.

JackoJomtien

I am trying to locate in Pattaya or Bangkok the manufacturer or supplier of the western or Australian style external aluminium security doors. I am building a house with all external doors opening inwards as per the western style and require attractive security/screen doors to go on the outside and opening outwards. Below is an idea of what I am looking for.

I am hoping someone can help in this matter.

post-158437-0-89166300-1392688995_thumb.

I've been on a mission to find something like this:

post-33251-0-91100100-1392813897_thumb.j

They are steel-framed with a stamped steel mesh welded on and have a standard lockable door knob and a built-in deadbolt lock. No need for relatively-fragile (i.e. vinyl, fiberglass, wire) woven screens. Every DIY store in the USA sells them, often on sale as cheap as $60 (~B1800). Here's a closer look at the steel mesh on the door at my house in S.Cal:

post-33251-0-99627000-1392814025_thumb.j

If anybody runs across this type of door in Thailand, I'd be very pleased (and grateful!)

You are going to have a hard time if you in insist on aluminum. Using standard Thai steel almost any welding shop will make them for you, with removable screens

Unfortunately I have never seen them made with built in locking mechanism. All have just a dead bolt for the inside and a padlock holder / dead bolt on the outside

I've been on a mission to find something like this:

attachicon.gifsecurity_door.jpg

They are steel-framed with a stamped steel mesh welded on and have a standard lockable door knob and a built-in deadbolt lock. No need for relatively-fragile (i.e. vinyl, fiberglass, wire) woven screens. Every DIY store in the USA sells them, often on sale as cheap as $60 (~B1800). Here's a closer look at the steel mesh on the door at my house in S.Cal:

attachicon.gifsecurity door inset.jpg

If anybody runs across this type of door in Thailand, I'd be very pleased (and grateful!)

I'm very familiar with the security doors that are sold in So Cal., all my houses had them. Must stronger than aluminum screen doors! But you won't find them in Thailand. The steel mesh that's used on them have holes that are big enough for Thai mosquitoes to easily pass through. You'll need the relatively-fragile fine mesh to keep the mosquitoes out, unless you don't care about keeping mosquito out!

As Langsuan Man mentioned, just about any welding shop should be able to fabricate something similar using Thai steel and course mesh steel for strength and with removable relatively-fragile fine mesh screens to keep the mosquitoes out. However as Langsuan Man mentioned, it won't have the hole for mounting the door lock set that you're used to. Good lock sets are too expensive for Thais! Padlocks and sliding bolts are much cheaper. But it's possible to do, provided you supply the lock set. The lock set comes with a template which the welder could use to fabricate a mounting hole box from.

Since they aren't mass produced for use in Thailand, you can't expect them to be as cheap as in the US. I suspect they're mass produced in China. My guess is it would run about 3000-4000 baht to be fabricated here.

You have to make compromises.

• Like 1