Phra Buddha Issara reduces Chaeng Wattana rally site's space, open road to Government Complex

webfact

Phra Buddha Issara reduces Chaeng Wattana rally site's space, open road to Government Complex

BANGKOK: -- Phrad Buddha Issara Tuesday reduced space at the Chaeng Wattana rally site and opened the road to allow motorists to enter and leave the Government Complex.

The monk led protesters to demolish barriers on the Chaeng Wattana Road in from of the CAT Telecom and Department of Special Investigation to open the road to the Government Complex.

He also stopped the rally on the Chaeng Wattana Road and held it only from the front of the Administrative Court to the DSI but made sure that the rally would not block road to and from the Government Complex.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-18

• Like 2

Some outbound lanes on Chaeng Watthana Rd now open for traffic

BANGKOK, 18 February 2014 (NNT) – People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) protesters have agreed to return a portion of Chaeng Watthana Road's surface to the public to allow traffic to pass through.

Police Colonel Charoen Sisassalak, deputy commander of Metropolitan Police 2, spoke of the negotiation with PDRC leaders at the Chaeng Watthana rally site on Monday. According to him, the demonstrators, who were led by Phra Phuttha Issara, agreed to open the road surface on some of Chaeng Watthana's outbound lanes. Commuters looking to travel to Pakkret in Nonthaburi will now be able to use the road behind the government complex to enter Chaeng Watthana Road.

Pol. Col. Charoen said Traffic Police and PDRC guards will help to facilitate traffic flow on the newly-opened lanes. However, protesters still refused to open the inbound lanes on Chaeng Watthana Road.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-02-18 footer_n.gif

It's hard to keep all roads blocked when you only have 23 elderly protesters and 200 hired thugs left in your camp laugh.png

Better to have 200 hundred thugs, than the 20,000 thugs that are currently being employed by u no who.

Now that the revoked unlawfully imposed emergency decree has taken the sails out of Chalerm's operations, the CMPO as indeed the whole administration will need to reframe almost everything they have said in the last four weeks, as all things enacted under the emergency decree - the charges, the arrests, the restrictions, the media clampdown - all of it dissolves in a puff of smoke. The Civil Court did a great justice to the people of Thailand today by exposing Chalerm's lie for what it was. And as this ruling specifically cited that the emergency decree was unlawfully invoked, that will forge a direct path to the Constitutional Court. As they have already deemed the protests constitutional, they will be predisposed to look at its issuance with great skepticism, as no caretaker administration has ever invoked an emergency decree, let alone ten days before a national election.

Good post Boz, where have you been when we needed you?

Yes, I'm one of the above posters and I live here.

You say you aren't an expat, how's that work?

Thank you friend.

Like I said: This is my home, my King and my brothers and sisters.

I'm not going anywhere!

Peace Bro....until they steal your wallet!

It's hard to keep all roads blocked when you only have 23 elderly protesters and 200 hired thugs left in your camp laugh.png

Better to have 200 hundred thugs, than the 20,000 thugs that are currently being employed by u no who.

Luk Mhee what are you trying to say, I live on Chaeng Wattana and I a totally innocent citizen as are thousands of others, yet our life style has been ruined by these irresponsible children who have captured us. Personally I'd don't care a <deleted> that the government offices have been closed but I pray that I could get my hands on a decent sniper rifle, from 600m these thugs would have no idea what hit them and from where. If that happened I am sure they would disappear quicker than could be imagined. They are cowards hiding behind numbers. I would like to suggest that all innocent people refuse to pay taxes and whatever to make a point

Are the elderly protesters wheelchair bound and are the 200 hired thugs fascists?
you are just looking for attention! Edited by shiok

Now that the revoked unlawfully imposed emergency decree has taken the sails out of Chalerm's operations, the CMPO as indeed the whole administration will need to reframe almost everything they have said in the last four weeks, as all things enacted under the emergency decree - the charges, the arrests, the restrictions, the media clampdown - all of it dissolves in a puff of smoke. The Civil Court did a great justice to the people of Thailand today by exposing Chalerm's lie for what it was. And as this ruling specifically cited that the emergency decree was unlawfully invoked, that will forge a direct path to the Constitutional Court. As they have already deemed the protests constitutional, they will be predisposed to look at its issuance with great skepticism, as no caretaker administration has ever invoked an emergency decree, let alone ten days before a national election.

tell it to them Scamper, if they have the brains to comprehend! ?????????