Thai policeman shot dead in protest clashes in Bangkok

webfact

Relax guys, it wasn't the PCAD who had weapons and were firing at and killing the police, it was 'mysterious people' who then left the weapons behind them which the innocent PCADers picked up.

You couldn't make it up. cheesy.gif

RT@Aim_NT: Suthep said a group of mysterious ppl helped attack the police. Police fled, protesters seized guns, ammunition.

i am happy somebody understand this !!

we are not arm people.

only peaceful protest for the government go out.

many people are only woman, not arm.

never hurt anybody but the government is kill us 3 month now every day !!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Time to blast the protestors with water cannons of Klong water while bombarding them with Justin Beiber music cranked to about 80db. That and bright, bright lights.

That will clear them out alive even though they have proven to be non democratic and violent.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Video of the Grenade Attack on Police - Feb. 18, 2014

http://vimeo.com/86981734

Yes I have watched and it is even possible to identify the type of grenade.

Who threw it is yet to be determined but whoever it was should be done to the full extent of the law and even more if possible.

There is absolutely no excuse and surely must be condemned by everyone.

Was extremely brave of the cop who tried to kick it away and a crying shame he has to suffer for his bravery.

However the reds gleefully leaping in and trying to make capital of it is also reprehensible, try to get a life you lot.

I'd like to say "Take em down, arrest everyone, stop all this nonsense". But it would be better to continue as before. Find a way to continue "care-taking" despite the protest annoyances and let his numbers continue to dwindle on their own as people get tired and leave from the lack of effectiveness that they are having and the fact that they have no real clearly formulated goal in sight anyway.

Stop all this nonsense and what then?

You are probably as new to Thailand as you are to Thai Visa. and have not been given the correct information. Yes the people are dwindling. They unlike the red shirts of 2010 have to work for a living. They are not getting paid for the protests. the people will tire and eventually disappear frown the streets but they still want a honest government and will return if the Shinawatra's continue to rape and plunder the nation.

At this very moment the rice farmers one of there basic supporters are protesting. Why is the police not dispersing them? According to the way the PTP government interpreted the 2010 clash that was started by armed red shirts Abhist and Suthep are guilty of murder. They have been charged with it. Now we have the very same thing the government has murdered a protestor so they should also be charging Yingluck and Chalerm.

Fat Chance of that happening this government does not operate under the same rules they try to impose on every one else.

That alone should call for their resignation. If you had been here for the last two and a half years you would have witnessed things that would just make you shake your head. To name one a Minister of Finance lying and when found out saying it is OK if it makes people feel good. Then when the Cabinet is reshuffled he is still there and chosen to stay in the Finance Ministry. He lied about the money the government had and now the government is saying they have not paid the farmers because of the protestors who started two months after the money was due to the farmers. Simply unbelievable. They are like an inept three ring circus with a ring master who is deaf blind and can't speak.

That is just one of the small things this government is guilty of. In the last year alone they have raised the corruption level by 2%.

There is plenty of evidence that some protestors are being paid.

No one disputes the government have made mistakes and are as corrupt as previous governments. But it in no way justifies the "shutdown" currently in progress.

I am sure if the evidence justifies it and if there are mass deaths of protestors as in 2010, Chalerm and Yingluck will face the same charges as Abbhisit and Suthep.

I would like to think everyone wants an honest government but this is certainly not the way to go about it.

Watch the video in the link below -

The grenade is thrown from the protestors, it hits the police shield and settles, one policemen then attempts to kick it away and it explodes just as he tries to kick it - I image that is the policemen who lost his leg.

What an utter disgrace to humanity some of these PDRC thugs are - shooting and killing police, throwing grenades at police.

All in my opinion of course.

How some TV PDRC supporters can STILL justify their brutish murderous behaviour completely astounds me!

And remember...these facsists are trying to overthrow a democraticaly elected government.

I hope you all feel proud of yourselves bah.gif

Ohhh, so you know the principles of democracy apart from elections?

I have been asking the UDD supporters for 4 weeks now and all I get in reply is nothing or "please tell me?" So they don't know, however they continue to ask me what they are. PTP logic. PTP supporters that spout democracy at every instant yet have no idea what they are fighting for (except elections)

I look forward to your reply (we already know elections are a principle of democracy BTW)

I dare you to tell me what they are an I can guarantee you that (apart from elections) the PTP have broken every principle you state.

I dare you. I have waited long enough.

Edited by djjamie

The powers that be have tried everything. Wanted elections, got them, wasn't good enough. Yingluck resigns, got it, wasn't good enough. Tried to shut down Bangkok, but the Bangkok middle and upper class didn't have the heart or conviction to stick it out more than a week.

It was always going to come to this if the arrogant Bangkok elite didn't get their way.

They finally got Yingluck on trumped up charges.

When the red shirts come to town and destroy Bangkok don't blame the red shirts. They have no choice but to go to war.

i think the red shirt is better stay in isaan!

dont come to make problem in bangkok.

this is not red shirt city.

we dont like this people come here !!

Perhaps you'd prefer a partitioned country?

You'll find that there are plenty of government supporters from Isaan working for a living in Bangkok. They are also Thai and have just as much right to express their opinion as you.

The grenade is thrown from the protestors, it hits the police shield and settles, one policemen then attempts to kick it away and it explodes just as he tries to kick it - I image that is the policemen who lost his leg.

What an utter disgrace to humanity some of these PDRC thugs are - shooting and killing police, throwing grenades at police.

How some TV PDRC supporters can STILL justify their brutish murderous behaviour completely astounds me!

And remember...these facsists are trying to overthrow a democraticaly elected government.

I have been asking the UDD supporters for 4 weeks now and all I get in reply is nothing or "please tell me?" So they don't know yet they ask me what they are. PTP logic. PTP supporters that spout democracy at every instant yet have no idea what they are fighting for (except elections)

I look forward to your reply (we already know elections are a principle of democracy BTW)

I dare you to tell me what they are an I can guarantee you that (apart from elections) the PTP have broken every principle you state.

Good grief. You sound like that relentless idiot who writes letters to the Bangkok Post every day. Take elections away and no matter how much you wriggle and squirm it is NOT democratic.

• Like 2

Chalerm and Yingluck are to be blamed for this.

Oh God, enough with this type of nonsense.

RIP to those have been and will be murdered by the paid yellow thugs.

And a speedy recovery to those injured it trying to return the streets to the public.

So it is okay for Abhisit to be charged for the cackdown in 2010 ... but not Yingluck this time?

your head is stuck in 2010 Today is 2-18-2014 or have you not noticed!

No one has forgotten 2010 .. or haven't you noticed.

Relax guys, it wasn't the PCAD who had weapons and were firing at and killing the police, it was 'mysterious people' who then left the weapons behind them which the innocent PCADers picked up.

RT@Aim_NT: Suthep said a group of mysterious ppl helped attack the police. Police fled, protesters seized guns, ammunition.

we are not arm people.

Guys don't feed the troll...

• Like 1

we are not arm people.

You're right. I'm beginning to fall into the trolls' traps. They're on form tonight!

Time for bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be a more peaceful day.

• Like 1

I have been asking the UDD supporters for 4 weeks now and all I get in reply is nothing or "please tell me?" So they don't know yet they ask me what they are. PTP logic. PTP supporters that spout democracy at every instant yet have no idea what they are fighting for (except elections)

Good grief. You sound like that relentless idiot who writes letters to the Bangkok Post every day. Take elections away and no matter how much you wriggle and squirm it is NOT democratic.

Good grief. Yet another one that can't tell me! Instead you change the subject.

4 weeks I have asked. Someone from the UDD side tell me please.

I know the Suthep supporters already know. That's why they are protesting.

If you can't answer then all it does is make you look naive UDD supporters.

Come on guys. It aint a hard question. What does democracy mean to you (what are the principles)?

Edited by djjamie

The powers that be have tried everything. Wanted elections, got them, wasn't good enough. Yingluck resigns, got it, wasn't good enough. Tried to shut down Bangkok, but the Bangkok middle and upper class didn't have the heart or conviction to stick it out more than a week.

It was always going to come to this if the arrogant Bangkok elite didn't get their way.

When the red shirts come to town and destroy Bangkok don't blame the red shirts. They have no choice but to go to war.

They didn't want elections until reform had been completed. Yingluck didn't resign. She dissolved parliament. Bangkok is still pretty much shut down, even though there aren't that many protesters out there every night.

What is trumped up about Yingluck enabling corruption in the rice scheme in which she is the committee head?

An unelected cabal representing the wishes of the elite is only "reform" in Thailand. For all intents and purposes Yingluck resigned and called an election. Democrats didn't want to participate because they'd lose. They were banking on a judicial or military coup. Looks like they'll get their judicial coup.

Unfortunately for people living in Bangkok the red shirts are going to bring a lot of pain. The really have no alternative if they want their political rights respected.

Who threw it is yet to be determined but whoever it was should be done to the full extent of the law and even more if possible.

Was extremely brave of the cop who tried to kick it away and a crying shame he has to suffer for his bravery.

However the reds gleefully leaping in and trying to make capital of it is also reprehensible, try to get a life you lot.

I'm curious as to what type of grenade it was.

Don't misunderstand. I agree 100% with your post.

...others say the police were armed and firing....

...and the policeman's leg is a result of him dropping a grenade....

...this according to Thai people...and a foreign reporter....(Michael Yon ???)

It's not just people saying it. There is a video showing the whole thing including where it originated, where it fell in the line, and his associate had to kick it out of the way to prevent it exploding in the middle of them. Yes, I have seen the video, and while I'm not an expert, I don't believe it was photoshopped. There are too many elements that needed to line up perfectly for that to be anything other than an accident. When you see the video you will understand. It appears this was a bomb intended to be thrown by the police at the protesters.

The reports that say it was fired into the police line should be viewed as highly suspect. In the fog of war I can see why some people might think that, and some reporters might have mistakenly reported it, but the facts clearly don't confirm that hypothesis.

However, the reality of how the bomb got there doesn't take anything away from the policeman who lost his leg to save the lives of several policemen. He should still be considered a hero for what he did. His actions saved lives.

Jesus...the video clearly shows the grenade flying in from the direction of the protesters and hitting a shield!!!

How can you lie and say that?!!!

Anyone who does not believe the yellows "Misrepresent" the facts as they truly exist, look at this video, the same one I saw on BBC world news, and these yellows are implying it was photo-shopped, is there no end to this st*****ty.A video shown around the world and the yellows can not see the grenade come from the protesters line and clearly hit the shield. "Not dropped by the police man"

Why are they so blind and/or brainwashed, into believing what is clearly shown on this video, is not factual what prompt these people to believe the excrement they believe!

Father have mercy ,they know not what they do!

• Like 1

They didn't want elections until reform had been completed. Yingluck didn't resign. She dissolved parliament. Bangkok is still pretty much shut down, even though there aren't that many protesters out there every night.

What is trumped up about Yingluck enabling corruption in the rice scheme in which she is the committee head?

An unelected cabal representing the wishes of the elite is only "reform" in Thailand. For all intents and purposes Yingluck resigned and called an election. Democrats didn't want to participate because they'd lose. They were banking on a judicial or military coup. Looks like they'll get their judicial coup.

Unfortunately for people living in Bangkok the red shirts are going to bring a lot of pain. The really have no alternative if they want their political rights respected.

If she had resigned, she would not be care-taker PM. She didn't resign.

The Democrats didn't want to be involved in the election because they didn't want to legitimise it. The same as in 2006 with Thaksin, Yingluck wanted to use an election to enable the continuation of their corrupt policies.

I don't agree with an appointed government, but I do think it is time for Yingluck (and her relatives) to go. Put another PTP MP in her place that isn't beholden to Thaksin. That is the only way I can see Thailand moving forward.

• Like 1

we are not arm people.

You're right. I'm beginning to fall into the trolls' traps. They're on form tonight!

Time for bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be a more peaceful day.

You should know, being one of them. How's the bridge these days?

holy crap ! the leg went off !

anyway police is meant to be armed. Unarmed police is not police.

The leg went off? They must have sown it back on for the pictures when he was being carted off on a stretcher.

I think that was his riot gear (shin pad) being blown off.

In many other countries, riot police are unarmed. When they're dealing with rioting protesters they don't really want to take a chance of them losing their firearms.

If they are carrying firearms, I don't think they need to bother carrying riot shields.

For the first time I entirely agree with you 100%

Extremely brave of that Policeman.

Trying to save all around him.

It is so sad that Thailand ( for whatever reasons, and I think they are numerous and extend beyond Thaksin ) has come to this point.

I hope Thai society can pull itself out of the mire and I am sure it will, but it's going to take years.

• Like 1

Come on guys. It aint a hard question. What does democracy mean to you (what are the principles)?

It's not rocket science:

democracy

a form of government in which sovereign power resides in the people and is exercised by them or by officers they elect to represent them.

The Democrats didn't want to be involved in the election because they didn't want to legitimise it. The same as in 2006 with Thaksin, Yingluck wanted to use an election to enable the continuation of their corrupt policies.

I don't agree with an appointed government, but I do think it is time for Yingluck (and her relatives) to go. Put another PTP MP in her place that isn't beholden to Thaksin. That is the only way I can see Thailand moving forward.

Whilst I agree with your first two paragraphs, unfortunately I don't think the "another PTP MP" "that isn't beholden to Thaksin" route would work either though, as it's not in the best interests of the financier's ruling elite.

Whether or not the Democrats take part in an election doesn't legitimise it. The arrogance of the Bangkok elite! They're a political party that hasn't won an election in two decades.

Yingluck is virtually powerless right now.

Edited by Hulkster
  • Like 1

So many posts seem to trying to take the moral high ground by claiming those they support are better, more / less responsible, destroy the government / destroy suthep / destroy the protesters / help the farmers / hate the farmers etc. etc. The list is as long as it is disheartening.

The sad irony is that these post merely prolong the fueding and bickering which has led to such division, hatred and sadly death.

Talk about how we can solve these problems - don't add more fuel to the fire.

The most sensible post so far on this topic.

RIP

• Like 2

holy crap ! the leg went off !

anyway police is meant to be armed. Unarmed police is not police.

The leg went off? They must have sown it back on for the pictures when he was being carted off on a stretcher.

I think that was his riot gear (shin pad) being blown off.

In many other countries, riot police are unarmed. When they're dealing with rioting protesters they don't really want to take a chance of them losing their firearms.

If they are carrying firearms, I don't think they need to bother carrying riot shields.

oh ok, i thought is his leg.

RIP to the policeman. Which ever side is responsible for the killing of a police officer on duty it is a terrible crime.

Lead article on the BBC's news website. That ensures it will get a prime spot of the Beeb's television and radio news bulletins. I have not checked any other broadcasters, so cannot comment about them.

It's not rocket science:

democracy

a form of government in which sovereign power resides in the people and is exercised by them or by officers they elect to represent them.

Ahhh. We are making head way.

So how about post ballot box? You are still only harping about elections? You have perfectly described Sadam's regime, Mugabes regime and Al Bashir's regime. Not to mention Cambodia and North Korea.

I am talking post ballot box democracy..

Come on? Please tell me.

I yearn for the UDD definition of democracy. It has been 4 weeks and 20 minutes now.

Edited by djjamie

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

I'm not red, yellow, left or right, i'm just an independent observer.....