Thai policeman shot dead in protest clashes in Bangkok

webfact

And who said the protesters don't have weapons. More lies.

Please calm down.

This is just an isolated incident.

I am sure it is just an accidental discharge.

Not the fault of the protesters.

I won't happen again.

Suthep's protesters came in peace and with no weapons.

They have no weapons. And yet the shot one police dead. And throwed grenades on another so he lost his leg. Yes very peacefully.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The grenade that wounded ten policemen including the one with the leg wound, tried to kick the grenade away from the police line, "Yes they are peaceful unarmed protesters"

Chalerm had the good sense of inviting in live TV, Look at BBC World news channel 89, now the whole world saw it!

Edited by kikoman

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@kikoman

You said

Well, 3 people have been killed now, one policeman and two protesters on BBC it said the police went in to take over the rally site armed with shields and batons and were met by live gun fire ,one policeman dead, 4 wounded.So the fascist started the gun fire.

You are the one that needs to wake up, someone needs to buy you a calendar, Sonny it is 2014, not 2010 you are talking about the wrong battle. those Pattaya LB have fed you the wrong line!

cheers

Me

I've just read the BBC website and it says no such thing. Where did you get that BBC line from?

Try looking at the BBC world news channel 89 on satellite TV

will do, believe me I will do.

Just saw on the same channel the grenade explode on the police line caught on film, when they were firing rubber bullets, one policeman tried to kick the grenade away was the one with serious leg injuries!

That guy was a very brave man. trying to save his friends and colleagues. I heard he may have lost his leg, tragic and sickening at the same time that people could hurt each other this way.

• Like 1

Suthep is to blame for this , he is a raving idiot, It is obvious that the firing is coming from the protesters, if the Police were doing the shooting Why is one dead and at least 4 or more wounded, Thai news stated 29 some were injured at noon, did not say which sides.

It is time for the rule of law to be enforced, let the army do what they may!.

Oh REALLY? After the rants about the violence of 2010 you now advocate the use of force against these protesters?

Hypocrite.

Have you your bi focal, states"Its time for the rule of law to be enforced" What part of that do you not understand, I would believe English may no be your first language, right!

Clueless

From an objective view point, his makes perfect sense, which is more than can be said of yours.

Tell someone who cares!

I wouldn't place a cent on your bid

Instead, I believe, the "real problem" in Thailand, are the two sides, both of them indoctrinated in their own way, each side backing up their own criminals/crimes, only weighing off each other's crimes and to accuse each other "You are the bigger criminal".

So what's the point, really? What difference does it make, who gets the run on screwing their own country?

Fact is, somewhere down the line, something went completely wrong, and the wrong is only built up and up and up - because of what I just said!.

The more I follow all these puppet and muppet shows, the more sick the whole country shines. Your cold-heartedness, your blindness, your brainless and unwillingness to get to work, instead but, keep accusing each other, break out in violence, etc., will achieve ONLY MORE hate for each other, than you're already filled up with. And if you look closely in the mirror, it's already overflowing!

And Thailand is a country with a "Buddha" shrine every 10 meters along the roads, in every house?

Dispickable - all I can say!

Get your act together, Thailand. Stop running into your temples for praying to Buddha, Buddha ONLY helps people through their own hands.

If you keep growing your hate inside - but smile outside and are violent and kill, are a sick minded person ... NOTHING you will achieve, but more misery, and more of it, still!

Go home, all of you. Watch a few videos of the Dalai Lama, to calm down and learn what he talks about "compassion" - then go, and meet and work things out. TRANSPARENT TO YOUR FOLK!

Turn yourself into "HUMAN", so you can respect humanity!

IMHO, propaganda is a tool for them, its use has been quite a bit more clever than simply planting false ideas. I think Thai people are the victim of propaganda, but I don't blame them for it, it's a tool used against them.

Essentially the elite want to run the country. But the elected government wants to run the country too, and it has more legitimacy to do so. So to take power from the elected government, you need a divided people.

They need to divide people, It's divide and conquer.

When you divide people, you can claim the democracy is not legitimate, it's doesn't represent the people, that the leaders are corrupt, ... blah blah blah, all the usual talking points they drone out ad nauseum, and you'll see here, in endless posts from endless wordsmiths.

And then seize power using men with guns, as coups are really just men with guns terrorising people. Of course the elite take all the money, don't represent the people, and are far less democratic, but they have guns! And nobody argues with men who will shoot you!

I view the Democrats as simply the political front for the elite. They pretend to be independant, but are really not.

Where it's been failing:

We had Thaksin, and he helped out poor people. In a one person one vote system, poor people are far easier to win over because their lives are crap and giving them a job, or a bit of social medicine makes a big improvement to their lives. There's also a lot of them, so they are easy to get a majority.

So Thaksin upset the balance by becoming too popular. Now the people are not in balance fighting each other, and the elite can't rule. So we get demonization next, Thaksin is stealing all the money, Thaksin killed 80 people in the south, Thaksin's zero drugs policy is cover to kill his enemies. blah blah blah. All the hyper-extreme form of the anti-democracy propaganda.

That got them their coup in 2006, and that delayed the inevitable for a few years. They seeded the government agencies with cronies, TRT got banned and in the gap the Democrats (their own team) could get elected as the red regrouped.

Thaksin gets a full on demonization, as they fear he'll come back. Indeed this is a big problem for them, all they talk about is Thaksin, like Harry Potter is all blah blah Voldermort did this and Voldermort did that.... a good guy needs a bad guy in a work of fiction.

But every election throws up a big problem. Thailand is not divided and they don't vote yellow. They keep voting for the reds, and often by majority. Their Dems only win if they can blocked the red candidates. TRT banned, PPP banned, each time, they have a small window to get their guys in power, but each time they become less and less plausible as leaders.

Thailand is not divided enough, for divide and conquer to work

So now we have the latest election, and it looks like the Dems would have been slaughtered in the polls even if they had run!

They've tried fake justification for a military coup, and social media exposed them as fakes.

They've tried to drive her our with open threats, but she's didn't break.

They've tried a mob, combined with their control of media to exaggerate the size of the mob, social media exposes their exaggerations.

So that leaves the soft coup options. The main front for this looks like the EC.

12349346013_4365b6b8e1_o.jpg

The real problem facing Thailand, the real reason we have gunmen shooting police and trying to keep the protests going. Is because Thailand is not really divided anywhere near enough. Nowhere near enough division to put the elite in charge, so instead they have to fake the level of division.

And the Democrats haven't really helped either. The elite put them into power by undermining the reds, but then, why compete for votes and gain legitimate power when you can fail and be handed power anyway? So why not quit before the race and be handed power anyway? Why compete in an election, make up ideas and policies, do debates and all the boring stuff , when you can simply quit on day one, and get power anyway?

So Democrats have shrunk by natural laziness.

I think the elite don't know what to do now. If EC fudged the vote and barred Pheu Thai on an excuse, there's no credible fake yellow leader to put in power.

If Prayuth send the soldiers out, I don't think he has confident in them.

They seem to be doing a full on "Thaksin, the unspeakable evil, will eat your babies" thing as an old faithful standby, but its old and tired.

So really, the EC delays are just buying them time. What next?

The one scenario missing is an outright civil war - sad to contemplate but a distinct possibility as the polarization continues.

@kikoman

You said

Well, 3 people have been killed now, one policeman and two protesters on BBC it said the police went in to take over the rally site armed with shields and batons and were met by live gun fire ,one policeman dead, 4 wounded.So the fascist started the gun fire.

You are the one that needs to wake up, someone needs to buy you a calendar, Sonny it is 2014, not 2010 you are talking about the wrong battle. those Pattaya LB have fed you the wrong line!

cheers

Me

I've just read the BBC website and it says no such thing. Where did you get that BBC line from?

Try looking at the BBC world news channel 89 on satellite TV

I have watched the news, with a report by J.Head and then an interview with him and he says no such thing. The report does show some terrible violence on both sides. The grenade attack being utterly horrific, whoever threw that needs to be found and punished according to the law. Likewise anyone who fired on the police.

However at no point did anyone claim that firing was started by the protesters. The actions of those who used violence today is criminal and disgusting. However when tensions are at the point they are now it is important that we all stick to the facts that are being reported.

Jonathan Head is a known 'supporter' of Robert Amsterdam/Thaksin. I have complained to the BBC about his biased reporting. Search him on Google. You may be surprised. But then that's no different to the support for Thaksin that comes from Wall-street backed Washington Post. There are other examples and one wonders if there is a global conspiracy here.

• Like 1

Excuse me, but are the above posts actually made by expats living in and out of Thailand?

I have been here for over 20 years and was on the front line on the night of May 17 1992 when Thai security troops under the Suchinda government opened fire at protesters gathering at Sanam Luang.

I am so proud (then and now) to see the heart of the Thai people out on the streets farmers and all.

Expats....do your homework. Do just a little research and you will find a history of a man (Thaksin) who has been a hugely corrupt and an unscrupulous and greedy parasitic megalomaniac who will NEVER be able to steal enough money from this great country.

He is a convicted criminal who has siphoned billions upon billions of baht from the Thai people and now under his own sister has completely ruined the best quality and best producing rice industry in the world!

It is gone with Cambodia winning last years Best Jasmine rice in the world award and India and Vietnam's rice harvests both out producing Thailand.

They have ruined the country and totally divided the Thai people.

For God's sake! These poor rice farmers are the very people the Shinawatra's convinced to vote for them.

Yingluck doesn't even have the integrity or consideration to even show up to appease these poor farmers and Chalerm is running scared and half mad as he knows that if the Shinawatra Regime crashes his career and life is over and that includes his alleged murdering son.

The alleged murdering son comment is simply information taken from public domain (Google it!) and should not be omitted.

Wikipedia: Chalerm Yubamrung: In 2001 Duangchalerm was arraigned for the murder of a police officer. After deserting from the Army and fleeing to Malaysia, he returned and handed himself in. He was released from jail on bail terms in 2003, and finally acquitted as the court considered the evidence insufficient and the witnesses accounts contradictory.[

Notation: In Thailand the word contradictory is often a synonym for purchasable.

Yes, it does seem that you have to organize a band of corrupt thugs to become Prime Minister in Thailand but plundering the nations funds, ruining the country while turning Thai citizen against Thai citizen and then spitting on our King is just NOT in the cards folks.......it ain't gunna happen!

Yes, Suthep has his own allegations of a corrupt history......but which one of you would walk in his shoes today....for even a minute!

The man is and will go down historically as a super hero and servant to our King and the people of Siam......want to bet?

Stand up Khun Thai! Stand up every Thai farmer that gave their rice harvest and received nothing in return!

Fight this insanely evil piece of dung and through every generation of his family out with him as they have disgraced our King, our country and the very souls of our people.

Yes, I'm white but I'm no expat!

This is my home, my King and my brothers and sisters.

Fight on and drive the snake out of the land!

Now let's turn this over again to the usual ignorant barking dogs so they can shoot their uneducated and sorry asses off!

Nicely put, but hopefully you do realise that many millions of Thai people disagree with you.

What a distortion and misrepresentation of Thai history, have you ever bothered to read about it or you just have a recording of Sutheps stupid rants,

Have you ever bothered to read Transparency International March 2013 reported findings that Yingluck government was less corrupt than Abhisit government,

-During Abhisit government unemployment increased 63%

-Thailand's government budget went into deficit for the first time since 2003

-Budget debt had reached -4.8% of the GDP , the largest budget deficit since the Chuan Leekpai government.

-Large scale fighting erupted with Cambodia leaving dozens dead,Thai military admitted using cluster munitions in that conflict.

- Largest increase in military spending in many years

-Southern Thai insurgency worsened International Human Rights groups accused Abhisit of routine and systematic torture of suspected insurgents.

- ICT increased censorship of the internet

-From 10 October to 19 November 2010 the worst floods in 50 years.

- Corruption charge over the building a hundreds of police stations around the country.

-corruption charges on building of hospital

-corruption charge over rice deal

- faces murder charges for red shirt crackdown

His wealth upon appointment to PM was 51.8 million increased to 54.4 million, Abhisit has never worked in the private sector wealth was inherited.

Documented proof that corruption was rife in the Abhisit Democrat government!

Cheers

What the ?!??!?! He's corrupt because of "-From 10 October to 19 November 2010 the worst floods in 50 years."

How does that have anything to do with Abhisit.

So what if his net worth grew from 51.8M to 54.4 M while in Power. Thaksins' grew into the billions. Yingluck has never been in politics, now she is PM>

BTW, you noted the rice corruption but in fact, he never agreed to that. It was put in place after. Read up sonny boy.

Yingluck promised 1 Tablet per child. Deal done and no kids done to rampant corruption. Budget allocated to flood prevention. Never happened.

Stop the propaganda and speak facts. Still really surprised you tried to blame Abhisit for a flood. That's lunacy.

If you disagree, tell Mr Wikipedia under Democrat Abhisit its all in there even the flood!,

I was not addressing Thaksin, I was addressing Yingluck who Transparency International 2013 report found that there was more corruption in Abhisit government than Yingluck,

You need to speak facts and stop your propaganda, when Yingluck stands trial "clueless", it will be on the violation of law she committed while in office "if any" not what Thaksin or anyone else did, can you understand that! The here-say evidence is not allowed as evidence in a court of law, all of your yellows propaganda will not count,

The facts only the facts!

And who said the protesters don't have weapons. More lies.

Please calm down.

This is just an isolated incident.

I am sure it is just an accidental discharge.

Not the fault of the protesters.

I won't happen again.

Suthep's protesters came in peace and with no weapons.

They have no weapons. And yet the shot one police dead. And throwed grenades on another so he lost his leg. Yes very peacefully.

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The grenade that wounded ten policemen including the one with the leg wound, tried to kick the grenade away from the police line, "Yes they are peaceful unarmed protesters"

Chalerm had the good sense of inviting in live TV, Look at BBC World news channel 89, now the whole world saw it!

van you tell me if the grenade was actually dropped by a cop trying to throw it - or if it came from elements to the sides as already suggested, also looking at the lines and the distance between them how far do you think a fit man can throw a grenade

I am claiming no truth to any of the above it is all just supposition but is no less plausible than anything you are claiming as fact - the fact is - it isn't fact

posted before watching the above video - seems the grenade came from protestors and should be condemned if true - by all, whoever threw that needs to be turned over to the authorities - nothing justifies this type of violence, equally a protestor seems to have been shot in the head before that so anger is boiling over

Edited by smedly

Watch the video in the link below -

The grenade is thrown from the protestors, it hits the police shield and settles, one policemen then attempts to kick it away and it explodes just as he tries to kick it - I image that is the policemen who lost his leg.

What an utter disgrace to humanity some of these PDRC thugs are - shooting and killing police, throwing grenades at police.

All in my opinion of course.

links to video please?

The BBC report I saw said two police were shot, one killed, and then showed the grenade landing among the police. Previous to that they had used rubber bullets, but then some used live rounds."You don't bring rubber bullets to a gun fight".

Who is responsible? Suthep and company. A democratically elected government has the responsibility to defend itself, being the choice of the people, however poor some may think that choice is. And the police are the one's in the front line, and showed great restraint in not just opening up (which is what I would guess Suthep wanted).

Would you just sit and take it while a mob engaging in illegal activities shoots your fellow policemen, lobs grenades?

• Like 2

Great work Chalerm, another death on you hands .. now like Abhisit and Suthep you should be charged with murder.

Actually, last time something like this happened as you well should know, it was the Prime Minister and his deputy (Abhisit and Suthep) who ended up being indicted for murder. And for the red shirts or black shirts on the other side, I don't believe any of them were ever prosecuted for anything remotely that serious.

So this time, if Thai justice is to operate in the same way, the PM and deputy PM will be in the dock, and the protesters will escape will little consequence. That is how it's done here... There's already the precedent for it.

The grenade is thrown from the protestors, it hits the police shield and settles, one policemen then attempts to kick it away and it explodes just as he tries to kick it - I image that is the policemen who lost his leg.

What an utter disgrace to humanity some of these PDRC thugs are - shooting and killing police, throwing grenades at police.

links to video please?

www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152233372405993&set=vb.747595992&type=2&theater

And the PDRC man who stood on stage and said the policeman dropped it himself, watch this video, what an absolute disgusting liar some of these PDRC people are - they have no morals, they are not human, they are a disgrace.

That's similar to Singha heir PDRC woman, Chitpas, who claimed the man shot by their popcorn shooter was a PDRC man. A complete lie, and upset his family no end. No Chitpas you lying evil person, your guard shot an unarmed man who just wanted to vote.

post-199953-0-87388900-1391327063_thumb.

It works for their Bluesky supporters, just as long as they don't watch anyone else. But with social media and many news sources, it becomes increasingly difficult to sustain such lies.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger

Friendly fire.

When the American huey pilots had to call to a South Vietnamese Advisor for permission to fire...."We are receiving fire from such and such a position!"

The advisor would often say, "They're just marking their position. It's friendly fire."

The pilots were sometimes known to say, "Roger. Returning friendly fire."

Sickening video, showing what despicable scum the PDRC are. The policeman is truly heroic and lost a leg to save his colleagues.

Armed militants, who were apparently allied to anti-government protesters, later opened fire, prompting the police to respond with live ammunition.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1qY3hNalF3Tmc9PQ==

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2014-02-18

So now we've got Khaosod, along with various other media, reporting the police also used live ammunition.

Live ammo, rubber bullets and tear gas... Peaceful means???

When the protesters are shot, the police blamed a third party did it, third party also shot the police (chalerm's scape goats) so the protesters will be blamed! how low can you go! anyone out of their minds to think this govt is sane enough to hold office even for the rats? what a bloody joke!

And before Tharit, Chalerm and their supporters here say that the police wasn't armed.

I would expect Tharit and Chalerm to lie, so that is no surprise. I'm wondering though, why try and hide the fact they are armed?

Tragic as this day went. RIP
Who is responsible and ordered this policemen with assault rifles into the rows of riot police?
For what purpose?
To shoot at people?

Otherwise there is no other function for that type of armament

When the protesters are shot, the police blamed a third party did it, third party also shot the police (chalerm's scape goats) so the protesters will be blamed! how low can you go! anyone out of their minds to think this govt is sane enough to hold office even for the rats? what a bloody joke!

Suthep only had a confrontation on his mind. He got it so let him explain why a supporter is dead to the family of the bereaved. Firing the first shots and grenades shows the real intent of this mob. Suthep should know the army is not coming to save him. Why is he not where the fighting is. All mouth and trousers..todays campaign has begun..."Shut down Suthep..Restart Bangkok"

And the POST is stating that police say the shots did NOT come from the protesters but outside from both sides. ????????

from these guys? http://t.co/6XQgIHtvRE

A lot of speculation has been made about these chaps' irregular footwear.

But anyone who has served in the armed forces will recall those sensitive souls who have the misfortune to have fragile feet are all too often "excused boots" when going about their duties.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Clearly you have never been in the military, anyone that has feet so sensitive as not been able to wear boots would never be excepted for service, even conscripts if the case was indeed genuine

• Like 2

And before Tharit, Chalerm and their supporters here say that the police wasn't armed.

I would expect Tharit and Chalerm to lie, so that is no surprise. I'm wondering though, why try and hide the fact they are armed?

Tragic as this day went. RIP
Who is responsible and ordered this policemen with assault rifles into the rows of riot police?
For what purpose?
To shoot at people?

Otherwise there is no other function for that type of armament

What ridiculous questions. Thailand has an armed police force so of course the police were armed. They have every right to be armed when confronting murderous thugs shooting at them and throwing grenades.

• Like 2

And the POST is stating that police say the shots did NOT come from the protesters but outside from both sides. ????????

from these guys? http://t.co/6XQgIHtvRE

A lot of speculation has been made about these chaps' irregular footwear.

But anyone who has served in the armed forces will recall those sensitive souls who have the misfortune to have fragile feet are all too often "excused boots" when going about their duties.

Clearly you have never been in the military, anyone that has feet so sensitive as not been able to wear boots would never be excepted for service, even conscripts if the case was indeed genuine
Clearly you have never trained recruits at ATC Pirbright.

links to video please?

www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152233372405993&set=vb.747595992&type=2&theater

And the PDRC man who stood on stage and said the policeman dropped it himself, watch this video, what an absolute disgusting liar some of these PDRC people are - they have no morals, they are not human, they are a disgrace.

That's similar to Singha heir PDRC woman, Chitpas, who claimed the man shot by their popcorn shooter was a PDRC man. A complete lie, and upset his family no end. No Chitpas you lying evil person, your guard shot an unarmed man who just wanted to vote.

It works for their Bluesky supporters, just as long as they don't watch anyone else. But with social media and many news sources, it becomes increasingly difficult to sustain such lies.

Or make some up?

Jonathan Head is a known 'supporter' of Robert Amsterdam/Thaksin. I have complained to the BBC about his biased reporting. Search him on Google. You may be surprised. But then that's no different to the support for Thaksin that comes from Wall-street backed Washington Post. There are other examples and one wonders if there is a global conspiracy here.

And the many reports in which he is highly critical of Thaksin are just subterfuge to muddy the waters?

• Like 2