Thai policeman shot dead in protest clashes in Bangkok

webfact

Has anybody seen this video? Looks like the protester is running away from somebody/something and then gets shot in the back of the head.

<snipped>

That's a pretty sickening sight.

Had a look at the man being shot and the Policeman being blown up by the hand grenade.

Only one person to blame for all of this, the instigator and perpetual troublemaker for the Government, Police and Military. (SUTHEP)

He should be arrested immediately and anyone of his cronies that assisted him in these protests and riots.

I think if all the protesters saw either of these videos they would immediately leave and go home.

Shocking video, but your comment is so sick, I'am spechless of your ignorance. bah.gif

Stay speechless, obviously got nothing to contribute and you are in shock after watching the video. My point exactly.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a look at the man being shot and the Policeman being blown up by the hand grenade.

Only one person to blame for all of this, the instigator and perpetual troublemaker for the Government, Police and Military. (SUTHEP)

He should be arrested immediately and anyone of his cronies that assisted him in these protests and riots.

I think if all the protesters saw either of these videos they would immediately leave and go home.

And similarly, Thaksin and the red shirt leaders are responsible for all those killed in 2010, right??

We are not talking about what happened 5 years ago, although we are not dismissing it either. We are talking about what is happening right now and it should be stopped immediately. Suthep is responsible for the uprising and these murders.

You're not dismissing it, but you're trying to ignore it and apply double standards. Were the protest leaders responsible for deaths in 2010, as you're suggesting the current leaders are now?

And similarly, Thaksin and the red shirt leaders are responsible for all those killed in 2010, right??

We are not talking about what happened 5 years ago, although we are not dismissing it either. We are talking about what is happening right now and it should be stopped immediately. Suthep is responsible for the uprising and these murders.

You're not dismissing it, but you're trying to ignore it and apply double standards. Were the protest leaders responsible for deaths in 2010, as you're suggesting the current leaders are now?

Suthep is a good man. Equal cannot be said for Yingluck.

This is my opinion. You may not agree.

I am dismissing nothing. Nor ignore what happened 5yrs ago and yes if arrest warrants have been issued to the persons responsible for the deaths in 2010 they should have been served upon them. Yes the current leaders have had warrants written out some time ago and had they been executed/served upon them then, these murders would not have taken place now.

I'd like to say "Take em down, arrest everyone, stop all this nonsense". But it would be better to continue as before. Find a way to continue "care-taking" despite the protest annoyances and let his numbers continue to dwindle on their own as people get tired and leave from the lack of effectiveness that they are having and the fact that they have no real clearly formulated goal in sight anyway.

Stop all this nonsense and what then?

You are probably as new to Thailand as you are to Thai Visa. and have not been given the correct information. Yes the people are dwindling. They unlike the red shirts of 2010 have to work for a living. They are not getting paid for the protests. the people will tire and eventually disappear frown the streets but they still want a honest government and will return if the Shinawatra's continue to rape and plunder the nation.

At this very moment the rice farmers one of there basic supporters are protesting. Why is the police not dispersing them? According to the way the PTP government interpreted the 2010 clash that was started by armed red shirts Abhist and Suthep are guilty of murder. They have been charged with it. Now we have the very same thing the government has murdered a protestor so they should also be charging Yingluck and Chalerm.

Fat Chance of that happening this government does not operate under the same rules they try to impose on every one else.

That alone should call for their resignation. If you had been here for the last two and a half years you would have witnessed things that would just make you shake your head. To name one a Minister of Finance lying and when found out saying it is OK if it makes people feel good. Then when the Cabinet is reshuffled he is still there and chosen to stay in the Finance Ministry. He lied about the money the government had and now the government is saying they have not paid the farmers because of the protestors who started two months after the money was due to the farmers. Simply unbelievable. They are like an inept three ring circus with a ring master who is deaf blind and can't speak.

That is just one of the small things this government is guilty of. In the last year alone they have raised the corruption level by 2%.

The nonsense does not come from them protesting a faulty government, it comes from the unorganized, undefined, and undemocratic demands that this minority is making of the entire country. As I have said in another post, the PDRC could have had so many more supporters if they had bided their time and played their cards right, especially now more than ever when YL is making it so easy with all her recent goof-ups that are unpopular with both yellows and reds. The problem remains the same from both parties, they are self-serving. Should protests happen? Yes. But not for self-serving political reasons with demands that widens the rift between the Thai people, which will only keep people supporting a government that maybe shouldn't be supported.

By the way, I have lived in Thailand for 18 years, speak fluent Thai, traveled almost the entire country by 4x4 and dirt bike, graduated from a Thai university, and am married to a Thai. You?

• Like 1

The powers that be have tried everything. Wanted elections, got them, wasn't good enough. Yingluck resigns, got it, wasn't good enough. Tried to shut down Bangkok, but the Bangkok middle and upper class didn't have the heart or conviction to stick it out more than a week.

It was always going to come to this if the arrogant Bangkok elite didn't get their way.

They finally got Yingluck on trumped up charges.

When the red shirts come to town and destroy Bangkok don't blame the red shirts. They have no choice but to go to war.

i think the red shirt is better stay in isaan!

dont come to make problem in bangkok.

this is not red shirt city.

we dont like this people come here !!

Perhaps you'd prefer a partitioned country?

You'll find that there are plenty of government supporters from Isaan working for a living in Bangkok. They are also Thai and have just as much right to express their opinion as you.

Don't rise to the bait.It's a parody account - actually quite clever, taking the mick out of Suthep's middle class sheeple.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thanks mate. It's a relief to know that Ponchi is just a wind-up! It would be depressing beyond belief to think there are really Thais who hold such despicable views!

Overly graphic video removed

I believe both should be left on to view, so as some of the TVF armchair critics can see it's not all sticks and stones and these people are being murdered.

Murdered by police, it seems.

Having watched the video, it seems like the guy was running in the opposite direction of everyone else, as though he knew he was being targeted. They shot him just as he was trying to find cover. I have seen the subsequent photo of the deceased and the bullet went straight through his head from behind, exiting his forehead. Not to be too gory, but the exit wound size was not that big. Any one know what sort of bullet that might be?

I believe both should be left on to view, so as some of the TVF armchair critics can see it's not all sticks and stones and these people are being murdered.

Having watched the video, it seems like the guy was running in the opposite direction of everyone else, as though he knew he was being targeted. They shot him just as he was trying to find cover. I have seen the subsequent photo of the deceased and the bullet went straight through his head from behind, exiting his forehead. Not to be too gory, but the exit wound size was not that big. Any one know what sort of bullet that might be?

Yes, I had the same thought that he was targeted. The protesters were moving forward and then stopped. The video then picked up the guy moving back through the crowd, and then he was hit. It seems a coincidence that the one moving the most was the one that got hit.

Suthep is to blame for this , he is a raving idiot, It is obvious that the firing is coming from the protesters, if the Police were doing the shooting Why is one dead and at least 4 or more wounded, Thai news stated 29 some were injured at noon, did not say which sides.

It is time for the rule of law to be enforced, let the army do what they may!.

My dear idiotman (no offence, just translating the thai in this English language forum), can you point out to me where it says the protesters started the violence in the clash described?

Furthermore your reasoning on 'if the police did the shooting' is misleading. One the police is not supposed to shoot, two the police would only in utmost defense shoot non-lethally and three even the army accused of shooting really thousands of round into a densely packed mass of protesters had a half dozens deaths on their side.

Now as for the last, are you suggesting that the specially training forces of the Police is not doing it's assigned task correctly?

Did you not read the web fact post above? Grenades, rubl, grenades from the protesters aimed at the police.

Still I suppose it's kind of reassuring that you're still defending the indefensible, the "peaceful protester" and now a new twist - it's the Police's fault and coupled with the despicable conceit that the army were justified in killing 80 odd civilians in 2010.

A new low even by your, "standards".

Do you ever read and try to understand, my dear Fab4?

The post above mine has "Some explosions - believed to be M79 grenades - could also be heard near the police line".

Furthermore I rather defend peaceful protesters than the terrible violent and armed terrorist fascists amongst them. Also I do not say "it's the police 's fault", I only ask if they weren't supposed to be unarmed as dear kiko chap started with "if the police were doing the shooting". Lastly I only replied that the "if the police would do the shooting" was just as foolish as "the army fired thousands of rounds into protesters".

Now I must admit even for an Englishman this type of 'baiting' misinterpretation is close to a new low.

R.I.P Police Lance Corporal Pongsakorn Saengklom and condolences to his family.

Died a hero defending democracy from the reactionary right.

I salute you sir!

RIP and condolences to the family.

The rest of the post is just political BS from those who like to talk about 'their' dead. Like the UDD which tries to desperately forget the Yingluck government was pushing a blanket amnesty bill covering also those 2010 dead. That bill was what started all this and culminated into the violence we now see.

• Like 2

I saw those picture, I read all of your post I see!

Most of the attacks against PDRC when bomb set off where no protesters were little damage or someone slightly wounded were all staged by the fascist, only meant for a media show!

Like your post, always great info!

Thanks

Most of the attacks against PDRC when bomb set off where no protesters were little damage or someone slightly wounded were all staged by the fascist, only meant for a media show!

And your evidence for this ridiculous and rumor mongering assertion is...?

caretaker Minister of Labour and head CMPO Pol. Captain Chalerm biggrin.png

I"" tell you what I'd do diffrent. I would put forth a Candidate that the people could vote and believe in...and stop this BS that is happing in Bangkok.

This nut-case that your calling a hero is doing nothing but hurting the Country......I Love My Country as I am a Citizen of this Land.....I Love my King and I am offended that you would say any diffrent of all Thais....

ote name="The Boz" post="7455510" timestamp="1392721488"]

Excuse me, but are the above posts actually made by expats living in and out of Thailand?

I have been here for over 20 years and was on the front line on the night of May 17 1992 when Thai security troops under the Suchinda government opened fire at protesters gathering at Sanam Luang.

I am so proud (then and now) to see the heart of the Thai people out on the streets farmers and all.

Expats....do your homework. Do just a little research and you will find a history of a man (Thaksin) who has been a hugely corrupt and an unscrupulous and greedy parasitic megalomaniac who will NEVER be able to steal enough money from this great country.

He is a convicted criminal who has siphoned billions upon billions of baht from the Thai people and now under his own sister has completely ruined the best quality and best producing rice industry in the world!

It is gone with Cambodia winning last years Best Jasmine rice in the world award and India and Vietnam's rice harvests both out producing Thailand.

They have ruined the country and totally divided the Thai people.

For God's sake! These poor rice farmers are the very people the Shinawatra's convinced to vote for them.

Yingluck doesn't even have the integrity or consideration to even show up to appease these poor farmers and Chalerm is running scared and half mad as he knows that if the Shinawatra Regime crashes his career and life is over and that includes his alleged murdering son.

The alleged murdering son comment is simply information taken from public domain (Google it!) and should not be omitted.

Wikipedia: Chalerm Yubamrung: In 2001 Duangchalerm was arraigned for the murder of a police officer. After deserting from the Army and fleeing to Malaysia, he returned and handed himself in. He was released from jail on bail terms in 2003, and finally acquitted as the court considered the evidence insufficient and the witnesses accounts contradictory.[

Notation: In Thailand the word contradictory is often a synonym for purchasable.

Yes, it does seem that you have to organize a band of corrupt thugs to become Prime Minister in Thailand but plundering the nations funds, ruining the country while turning Thai citizen against Thai citizen and then spitting on our King is just NOT in the cards folks.......it ain't gunna happen!

Yes, Suthep has his own allegations of a corrupt history......but which one of you would walk in his shoes today....for even a minute!

The man is and will go down historically as a super hero and servant to our King and the people of Siam......want to bet?

Stand up Khun Thai! Stand up every Thai farmer that gave their rice harvest and received nothing in return!

Fight this insanely evil piece of dung and through every generation of his family out with him as they have disgraced our King, our country and the very souls of our people.

Yes, I'm white but I'm no expat!

This is my home, my King and my brothers and sisters.

Fight on and drive the snake out of the land!

Now let's turn this over again to the usual ignorant barking dogs so they can shoot their uneducated and sorry asses off!

oh my goodness the man is dead and you want more details... Geee. ???

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I saw those picture, I read all of your post I see!

Like your post, always great info!

Thanks

And your evidence for this ridiculous and rumor mongering assertion is...?

caretaker Minister of Labour and head CMPO Pol. Captain Chalerm biggrin.png

CNN news webpage showed the most damning video about how the police was armed and then being unarmed as Chalerm publicly stated except for 6-8 policeman with shotguns firing rubber bullets did in fact laid down a multiple shot reply to the deadly force (after the grenade explosion), the protesters used..

Suthep Main facist!

• Like 1

CNN news webpage showed the most damning video about how the police was armed and then being unarmed as Chalerm publicly stated except for 6-8 policeman with shotguns firing rubber bullets did in fact laid down a multiple shot reply to the deadly force (after the grenade explosion), the protesters used..

Suthep Main facist!

Stunning news. And those protesters who were killed, were killed, I assume by sweets and candy thrown at them. You really have no shame.

Edited by Mackie

If he is a 'good man' why he did NOTHING when he was Deputy PM? he had the power - he says he wants REFORM why do nothing for years????

what about chanots in Phuket for his family and friends?

why he stops democracy?

If Suthep is a 'good man' Mandela must have been a 'bad man'

I think most intelligent people can see who is 'good' and who is 'bad'

• Like 1

If he is a 'good man' why he did NOTHING when he was Deputy PM? he had the power - he says he wants REFORM why do nothing for years????

what about chanots in Phuket for his family and friends?

why he stops democracy?

If Suthep is a 'good man' Mandela must have been a 'bad man'

I think most intelligent people can see who is 'good' and who is 'bad'

Besides the fact that you're responding to a troll ...

Suthep didn't have the power to reform everything when he was in power. The Democrats were part of a coalition, and they needed full coalition support to make any changes.

What they did do was put an independent committee together who released their report prior to the 2011 election. The Yingluck government has completely ignored that report.

RIP may your life not have be taken for nothing.

End this madness now!!

just an observation on your comment:

if you advise to END this madness now, How will his life not be taken for nothing?

by ending it now, it means that nothing was accomplished, which would mean that his life WAS in vain!

Surely to make his life have meaning, then it would mean that they have to reach the "goal" that they were fighting for... no?

then, if the situation in the Thailand changes then his life would have been part of that change.

or did you have another meaning?

R.I.P Police Lance Corporal Pongsakorn Saengklom and condolences to his family.

Died a hero defending democracy from the reactionary right.

I salute you sir!

RIP and condolences to the family.

The rest of the post is just political BS from those who like to talk about 'their' dead. Like the UDD which tries to desperately forget the Yingluck government was pushing a blanket amnesty bill covering also those 2010 dead. That bill was what started all this and culminated into the violence we now see.

and let's not forget the others from Tuesday:

- Jeerapong Chuaichai, 29, who died from wounds to his neck.

- Srattha Sae San, 43, who suffered wounds to his chest.

- Pol Sen Sgt Maj Pienchai Parawat, 45, from Rayong, died from a wound to his chest.

- Suphot Boonrung, 52, died from a head wound

- Thanusak Rattanakoch, 29, was found unconscious by rescuers at the protest site and never recovered.

May they rest in peace and condolences to their families wai2.gif

• Like 1

Let's stop some people here posting absolute nonsense about the police being unarmed. This video is graphic but it's crucial evidence in the future case against the Thai police. I assume Chalerm is going to be charged with the murder.

Completely unarmed protester running away from the trouble, taken out by most likely a police sniper...Completely unarmed.

Unarmed anti Shinawatra protester shot in the head by police *Warning:Graphic*
Read more at <removed as too graphic, as was done earlier>

Edited by Tywais
Video link removed

Let's stop some people here posting absolute nonsense about the police being unarmed. This video is graphic but it's crucial evidence in the future case against the Thai police. I assume Chalerm is going to be charged with the murder.

Completely unarmed protester running away from the trouble, taken out by most likely a police sniper...Completely unarmed.

Read more at [LINK REMOVED]

The video is graphic and terrible. I feel so sorry for the poor guy, killed while protesting, exercising his rights.

RIP for him, and may the perpetrator(s) being bring to justice.

I agree on the fact he's been took down by a sniper, the whole dynamic of the video brings to that reasoning.

But that's also where we stop to agree... The sniper was a policeman is just your speculation.

Too many people here continue to get the whole thing as my team against your team, but there are lots of variables in all the big picture.

You speculated police, I can speculate army, or red shirt sniper, or some extremist PDRC wing sniper.

It could have been everyone. But I give very few chance it was police.

If and when we will ever know who will have been the shooter, just then will be the time to blame.

Please keep in mind, that still now many assassinations happened on 2010 are without a culprit.

Edit: link removed

Edited by newcomer71
  • Like 2

And who said the protesters don't have weapons. More lies.

u mean if u were intimidated u would not defend yourself?

Not with a hand grenade, no. That is a battefield weapon.

you mean the police were armed with toy guns?

how do u know where the grenade came from???

isn't that what the one in Dubai's accomplices want the public to believe?

Edited by shiok

Read more at [LINK REMOVED]

The video is graphic and terrible. I feel so sorry for the poor guy, killed while protesting, exercising his rights.

RIP for him, and may the perpetrator(s) being bring to justice.

I agree on the fact he's been took down by a sniper, the whole dynamic of the video brings to that reasoning.

But that's also where we stop to agree... The sniper was a policeman is just your speculation.

Too many people here continue to get the whole thing as my team against your team, but there are lots of variables in all the big picture.

You speculated police, I can speculate army, or red shirt sniper, or some extremist PDRC wing sniper.

It could have been everyone. But I give very few chance it was police.

If and when we will ever know who will have been the shooter, just then will be the time to blame.

Please keep in mind, that still now many assassinations happened on 2010 are without a culprit.

Edit: link removed

sensible post - we have no idea who did it