Sourcing Labels

udon

First, go to the Ministry of Commerce's Department of Business Registrations, and see if there is a company registered in any of those names.

Failing that, check with the Trademark Registration Department (also at the Ministry of Commerce) to see if anyone has registered the names as a trademark.

As a last resort, show them around Pratunam and Bobae Market and see if any of the vendors knows.

PS: I have just done the first step (a business registration search) for you online.

There is nothing listed as "Max Boy International", but there is a "Max Boy House Limited Partnership" registered as being in the garment business at 30-32 Soi Charoenakorn 53/1, Charoenakorn Road, Klongsarn, Bangkok. Telephone number: 02-803-0680. I have no idea if this will prove to be the company your are looking for.

As for "Chick on Time", there are no companies registered under this name. Again, I'd recommend checking the Trademark Registry.

Good luck.

:o When you do find the garment producer what can you do?

I recently bought a black zip jacket for 1900 Baht at CHAPS and after the first wash it literally fell apart. The seams split open, the material looked as though it had been grape-shot. There were holes everywhere, the material was literally rotten. I took it back to the store where I bought it and they had two other jackets of the same style. They were both full of holes with split seams and still the manager argued. A large notice displayed in the shop stated NO REFUNDS. Were they interested? Were they ######!! A long argument before they agreed to allow me to exchange the item for something else. Unfortunately there was nothing else I liked, so I came away with a pair of shoes I didn't want or didn't like. CHAPS is a shop that sells second rate products (some even look second hand) at over inflated prices. Needless to say I'll never enter another of their stores again!!

Suzy,

the shops here live by "the customer is NEVER right" :o

I had a similar problem with Majestic Tailors, they just don't give a <deleted>.

Indian or Thai.

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.

Bobae Market is the main wholesale garment market. It's along Krungkasem Road, just north of the intersection with Rama I Road. On the right side of Krungkasem Road (facing north) are the original market shops. On the left side, and a little further north, is Bobae Tower, which is a more modern and more vertical version.

I recently bought a black zip jacket for 1900 Baht at CHAPS and after the first wash it literally fell apart. The seams split open, the material looked as though it had been grape-shot. There were holes everywhere, the material was literally rotten. I took it back to the store where I bought it and they had two other jackets of the same style. They were both full of holes with split seams and still the manager argued.

Not to be argumentative... but if the other new jackets had holes in them and split seams, then wouldn't that suggest your jacket was that way to begin with? The aged look and all....

I've got three pairs of Chaps jeans and thus far they're holding up fine over many wearings and washes.

Cheers!

• Like 1