Yingluck flees farmers, protesters

webfact

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess this means that the label of Yingluck as " The darling of Isan" can pretty much

be put to rest...

On the contrary, I suspect that some TV-posters will be using it frequently, although possible not in total sincerity ? rolleyes.gif

The dem's pdrc/pcad is at the core of the flaming the rice farmers. What had they done to help the farmers under the rice pledging scheme which they have been trying to 'murder'?

The Democrats have been in-opposition, not in government, so they have not been directly responsible (unlike caretaker-PM Yingluck & the PTP-led coalition) for helping the farmers, in their infamous 'pre-election promise'. wink.png

On the other hand, many might think that by repeatedly trying in Parliament & the media to point out the flaws in the Big-Boss's Great-Idea, the Dems have indeed been trying to help those who depend on the heath of the Thai rice-growing industry, and also helping the taxpayers too ?

The government's scheme came 'off the rails' well before the voters' anger erupted onto-the-streets, following their Amnesty-Bill shennanigans, and I'd love to hear your evidence that "The dems/pcad is at the core of the flaming the rice farmers", whatever that actually means ? blink.png

Flee? As usual TVF with another red meat posting title. There's no shame in avoiding an angry mob which should be put at a distance in the first place, but this is Thailand. The angry rice farmers ironically standing alongside and in hand with the very reason for their current difficulties in being paid, the PDRC.

Continues to amaze how the media generally and the haters here on TVF manage to invert a seditious insurrection by illegal actors of a democratically elected government acting in a responsible and genuine manner to maintain the law and the democracy into a cause juste for a gang of criminals and witless advocates of bringing down the entire Thai state down on their own jingoist heads.

Admirable English and excellent composition, pity all this is denigrated by

your abysmal lack of accuracy and substantive facts.The plight of these farmers has nothing to do with the PDRC as they have been cheated and lied to for months by a government who simply do not have the money to pay them what was promised and agreed owing to the governments carnivorous appatite for graft and corruption. The rice scheme was never going to be sustainable from day one. Just a short term ruse to buy partisan loyalty, short term.

I was just down at Asoki and there were only about ten protesters and most of them were homeless persons looking for free food and designer water….cheesy.gif

That's totally incorrect. You were seeing dangerous and violent terrorists. That's why we're still under an Emergency Decree. To protect us from such criminals.

The dem's pdrc/pcad is at the core of the flaming the rice farmers. What had they done to help the farmers under the rice pledging scheme which they have been trying to 'murder'?

Dear Lord, this again

The Dems are not pdrc.

The pdrc are not the Dems.

They are not the same.

They may not be exactly equivalent, but the Dems are happy to 'ride the tiger' ... they go along with everything their former Deputy PM says and does, like sitting out the last election

"He who rides the tiger can never get off" - old Chinese proverb

spare me......you been chatting to that mongolian again..bah.gif

yingluck will not meet the people. She will say something on TV that is scripted, but she dare not see the protestors. She is a packaged PM. A PM that is brought out to say something then packaged back up and put away again until she needs to make another TV appearance.

So yingluck actions speak louder than words.

You state the PDRC don't care for the farmers yet they are protesting shoulder to shoulder.

You state you care for the famers plight, but can't even take 5 minutes to meet them, look them in the eye and say as much. It is easy to say on TV isn't it puppet.

You state you care yet put nails on the road to stop them coming into BKK to protest. (principle of democracy)

You care, but your actions state otherwise.

I can see you are a Bombers supporter.. Don't worry James will be up on stage with K.Suthep soon wink.png

With comment like that I can see your a moron! wink.png

• Like 1

Dear Lord, this again

The Dems are not pdrc.

They are not the same.

They may not be exactly equivalent, but the Dems are happy to 'ride the tiger' ... they go along with everything their former Deputy PM says and does, like sitting out the last election

The Dems were foolish to boycott the election but they are not following suthep, they are not the same, they are not equivalent, not similar. They are different entities. With a common target for sure but that's it.

The numbers are clearly off : I keep reading from the few honest members on here that the fascist Suthep only has 400 supporters left.

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I guess you need a new calculator wink.png

He actually needs to come to Bangkok and observe the reality with his own eyes. Not to trust the red-channel news or the Thaksinistas on this forum.

Thailand has an elected government. Regardless of the suspected corruption, no one should be allowed to disregard the laws and the majority who elected her and attempt to take over the country. I am amazed at the smug hatred shown here for the PM and the convenient way that everyone is ignoring the lawlessness of Suthep. If he can so blatantly disregard the law now, what protection do we have from him if he gets control? You're all so smug and condescending. At least now we know what we are up against. The only things we know about Suthep is that he is a rich boy, took land allocated to the poor and gave it to his rich friends and family, and that he is willing to break whatever laws are necessary to further his own agenda. Wake up Thai people and save your country from the lawless! But do it within the laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Ah well it is always a wise move too depart if the kitchen is too hot.whistling.gif

Hot_in_the_kitchen_Wallpaper_JxHy.jpg

I am sure there is a private jet all fueled up waiting at an airport nearby, with enough fuel to reach Dubai.

Just a few months ago, she wanted to spend ten million baht on four aircraft for her and cabinet members use.

Edited by rexaco123

Thailand has an elected government. Regardless of the suspected corruption, no one should be allowed to disregard the laws and the majority who elected her and attempt to take over the country. I am amazed at the smug hatred shown here for the PM and the convenient way that everyone is ignoring the lawlessness of Suthep. If he can so blatantly disregard the law now, what protection do we have from him if he gets control? You're all so smug and condescending. At least now we know what we are up against. The only things we know about Suthep is that he is a rich boy, took land allocated to the poor and gave it to his rich friends and family, and that he is willing to break whatever laws are necessary to further his own agenda. Wake up Thai people and save your country from the lawless! But do it within the laws.

If the government didn't blatantly break the law it wouldn't have any if these problems. You want one group of people to follow the law while the other craps all over it? Doesn't work that way.

Sent from somewhere in the Pacific

• Like 1

This situation is looking more and more like Mussolini's March on Rome. Wonder if Suthep has been reading modern European history for inspiration:

Mussolini said: "Either the government will be given to us or will shall seize it by marching on Rome."

Mussolini, with the party’s hierarchy, drew up a blueprint on how to do this.

1. Fascists would be brought into Rome from all over Italy.

2. All-important public buildings would be taken over including those outside of Rome in the important cities in the north.

3. Mussolini would demand the resignation of the government and that a new Fascist government be allowed to take over.

4. Armed Fascists would be near Rome. If the government failed to meet these demands, they would march into Rome and take over by the use of force.

The plan was grandiose if naïve. The military in Rome far out-numbered the Fascists who were poorly armed. Many Fascists only had tools brought with them from farms. Many had the wrong clothing for a party that was trying to seize power.

However, Mussolini gambled on one thing. He believed that the Italian government lead by Facta and the king, Victor Emmanuel, did not want any form of conflict especially as Italy had suffered so much in World War One. Mussolini miscalculated with Facta – he wanted to make a firm stand against Mussolini. But Mussolini was correct with regards to the king. Victor Emmanuel was convinced that any form of conflict would lead to a civil war and he was not willing to contemplate that.

And the king basically installed Musso as Prime Minister to avoid further conflict ... and you know where things went from there.

BTW how's Yingluck's reform forum doing?

(edit correct who's into how's, sorry)

Sorry, what's your point?

Dear Lord, this again

The Dems are not pdrc.

They are not the same.

spare me......you been chatting to that mongolian again..bah.gif

heh?

Meanwhile PDRC co-leader Sathit Wongnong-toei spoke through loudspeaker called on the Office of the Permanent Secretary to appoint a representative with authority to meet their leader Suthep Thaugsuban

Was Chalerm not there at that time so he should be the one to meet Suthep?

Flee? As usual TVF with another red meat posting title. There's no shame in avoiding an angry mob which should be put at a distance in the first place, but this is Thailand. The angry rice farmers ironically standing alongside and in hand with the very reason for their current difficulties in being paid, the PDRC.

Continues to amaze how the media generally and the haters here on TVF manage to invert a seditious insurrection by illegal actors of a democratically elected government acting in a responsible and genuine manner to maintain the law and the democracy into a cause juste for a gang of criminals and witless advocates of bringing down the entire Thai state down on their own jingoist heads.

That's a lot of big words for you. There are other shorter more concise ways of expressing yourself in a much shorter sentence. If you take a deep breath and try to say that in one go, then quietly analyse what you have written, it may dawn on you that it's utter rubbish that doesn't even possess 1 comma.

• Like 2

I bet there are no nail traps on the route to the Gucci store giggle.gif

Misogynism rules - and no, it's not OK. Ever.

You and the rest of the TV forum's verbal abusers need to get a life, grow a pair and realise that this world was not delivered as a gift to the male sex complete with females to serve and be victims. It's men and their predisposition to violence which has , so far, almost wrecked this planet through greed, wars, riots and suchlike.

You've had your fun, now can it and give the woman some credit for her non-violent stance up to now. It's not her fault she's got a brother!

First showing of the PC mob today. No one is abusing her for being a woman (although i'd like to abuse her) she is being castigated for being useless, a rich little pawn,she doesn't even try to look competent.Surely she must realize by now that she has no leadership qualities,any vestige of authority that she may possess has come from her brother,she is an expendable fool on the run.....she should try flying it would best for everybody.

You forget about the "quality" of the retirees in Thailand.

Mostly frustrated people, old , full of wrinkles, full of bad feelings to have a bad life and nobody to love them.

The worst ones back the worst ones....

i've said it before and i'll say it again; this government is discredited, inept and corrupt, so why is the opposition so afraid of an election?

if the opposition cant beat this at lot the ballot box then they dont deserve to govern.

One reasons is that Thaksin and his puppet parties have been very succesful by promising heaven on Earth to their voters, last election the Democrats have a rice policy, I think it was a continuation of the rice price guarantee with 12.000 baht, PTP promised 15.000. Basically a price war; of course the Democrats could have said, "I see your 15.000 and I offer 20.000" but then it will take the country into a death spiral.

To put it another way, Thaksin and his parties are unconstrained in the promises they make, with no care to the consequences beyond wining elections. It is a sucessful strategy in regards of gaining power, hoewever it is disastrous to the country and the Democrats have no interest in playing that game.

• Like 2

Yup, I'll have a pint of whatever you are drinking. You are clearly completely off yer head. Suggest you read up on the current situation and learn about who has been acting illegally under the direction of a fugitive brother.

• Like 1

You forget about the "quality" of the retirees in Thailand.

Mostly frustrated people, old , full of wrinkles, full of bad feelings to have a bad life and nobody to love them.

The worst ones back the worst ones....

Someone put some ear drops in your cornflakes again

'The nail traps were strewn by perpetrators to stop farmers and protesters to travel to the Office of the Permanent Secretary to see the caretaker prime minister.'

So pro-govt then?

No no no, just like shooting and throwing bombs at their own supporters, it is a cunning plan from Suthep to increase the numbers at the rallies.

*That was, of course, sarcasm.

Inspired post!!! Well done! :)

Ah well it is always a wise move too depart if the kitchen is too hot.whistling.gif

Hot_in_the_kitchen_Wallpaper_JxHy.jpg

I am sure there is a private jet all fueled up waiting at an airport nearby, with enough fuel to reach Dubai.

Just a few months ago, she wanted to spend ten million baht on four aircraft for her and cabinet members use.

I do not think you could buy four beat up Crop dusters for that, Must have been ten million USD.

Obviously more important than than paying the farmers.

Edited by Basil B

This situation is looking more and more like Mussolini's March on Rome. Wonder if Suthep has been reading modern European history for inspiration:

Mussolini said: "Either the government will be given to us or will shall seize it by marching on Rome."

Mussolini, with the party’s hierarchy, drew up a blueprint on how to do this.

2. All-important public buildings would be taken over including those outside of Rome in the important cities in the north.

3. Mussolini would demand the resignation of the government and that a new Fascist government be allowed to take over.

4. Armed Fascists would be near Rome. If the government failed to meet these demands, they would march into Rome and take over by the use of force.

The plan was grandiose if naïve. The military in Rome far out-numbered the Fascists who were poorly armed. Many Fascists only had tools brought with them from farms. Many had the wrong clothing for a party that was trying to seize power.

However, Mussolini gambled on one thing. He believed that the Italian government lead by Facta and the king, Victor Emmanuel, did not want any form of conflict especially as Italy had suffered so much in World War One. Mussolini miscalculated with Facta – he wanted to make a firm stand against Mussolini. But Mussolini was correct with regards to the king. Victor Emmanuel was convinced that any form of conflict would lead to a civil war and he was not willing to contemplate that.

And the king basically installed Musso as Prime Minister to avoid further conflict ... and you know where things went from there.

BTW how's Yingluck's reform forum doing?

(edit correct who's into how's, sorry)

Sorry, what's your point?

Docno has a phd in Italian history and thought we'd like to know

Mussolini, with the partys hierarchy, drew up a blueprint on how to do this.

However, Mussolini gambled on one thing. He believed that the Italian government lead by Facta and the king, Victor Emmanuel, did not want any form of conflict especially as Italy had suffered so much in World War One. Mussolini miscalculated with Facta he wanted to make a firm stand against Mussolini. But Mussolini was correct with regards to the king. Victor Emmanuel was convinced that any form of conflict would lead to a civil war and he was not willing to contemplate that.

Excellent and thought -provoking post, Not sure the TVF supporters of the PRDC can spell Mussolini, but it would be refreshing if they climbed outside of the suffocating Thai media bubble to find out what the rest of the world thinks of what is going on here. Do they seriously helieve their bete noir Mr. T has bought up the BBC, CNN, The Economist, the Australian, etc etc ???? They refuse to see they are backing a losing horse,

Inspired post!!! Well done! :)

Bun well done you for showing such constraint!