drunk russian decided to destroy my car and others ... chalong

Jameskrabi

Yes glad you are okay and no one seems to have been badly hurt. Been in your shoes. I was pushed into the back of a truck and had to say goodbye to my whole front end. Car was a right off in the end. Have to say that AXA was great about the whole thing. Again a Russian was at fault. Also drunk as a skunk. What is with these guys?!

• Like 1

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, driving under influence is prohibited in Russia! It will cause a driving ban for 2 years (for first time) and for 3 years (for second and next time DUI). Also, if somebody will die, prison from 1 to 7 years.

Perhaps, but Russia is the one place I can definitively say that the cops are even more corrupt that the RTP. Same as it always was.

More and more Russians are coming. Next year you will also be flooded with Chinese like Chiang Mai is.

You might want to considering moving to a place where you can enjoy Thailand.

Where, Don? On top of the highest mountain?

I remember growing up in the boonies of the southern Amazon. Chinese there too!!! Russians are the new Chinese.

They think Thailand is a state of Russian federation and they can drive day & night drunk?

Watch some russian car fail videos and you'll understand my point.

i think there is a lot of farangs who drive drunk or ill. As I remember, old German man killed a woman in accident

1 dead, 14 injured, German arrested, following Jomtien Beach Road Crash

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/680465-one-dead-14-injured-german-arrested-following-jomtien-beach-road-crash/

There is an issue of quality versus quantity. The Russians, by far, have the most drunk offences (vehicular, fighting, wat temple incidents) than anyone else.

Thank God, Alla and Manitou that the Brits are now a distant second!!

• Like 1

OP, you mentioned your car will take 2-3 month to be repaired... is the insurance providing you free replacement vehicle or should you have to shoulder the rent of a car by yourself if you didn't have a second car?

And I am also curious about that snapping seat belt. Did It break?

Yes glad you are okay and no one seems to have been badly hurt. Been in your shoes. I was pushed into the back of a truck and had to say goodbye to my whole front end. Car was a right off in the end. Have to say that AXA was great about the whole thing. Again a Russian was at fault. Also drunk as a skunk. What is with these guys?!

Which is why I leave a car length between me and the car in front, and keep my foot on the brake. Of course if I'm toward the front of the line a few motorcycles will usually fill it up but I consider them cushioning buffers.

Defensive driving is mandatory here.

More and more Russians are coming. Next year you will also be flooded with Chinese like Chiang Mai is.

Right, no Americans or Brits ever drink and drive in Phuket. rolleyes.gif

Plenty of good Russians and Chinese out there; you're embarassing yourself with these generalisations. Quite frankly I'd take these Russians and Chinese over condescending people who make snap judgements on millions of people because of where they come from.

• Like 2

One thing I would like to know is how an airbag pounding into your face feels.

I have heard (just speculation) that they can sometimes cause more harm than good.

Please tell me your experience of that bag slamming into your face.

Given the choice between an airbag 'slamming into your face' and your face bursting through a laminated glass windscreen which would you choose?

I have a spare windscreen in my garage, I would be happy to donate should he wish to try......

They think Thailand is a state of Russian federation and they can drive day & night drunk?

Watch some russian car fail videos and you'll understand my point.

i think there is a lot of farangs who drive drunk or ill. As I remember, old German man killed a woman in accident

1 dead, 14 injured, German arrested, following Jomtien Beach Road Crash

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/680465-one-dead-14-injured-german-arrested-following-jomtien-beach-road-crash/

There is an issue of quality versus quantity. The Russians, by far, have the most drunk offences (vehicular, fighting, wat temple incidents) than anyone else.

Thank God, Alla and Manitou that the Brits are now a distant second!!

What do fairytales have to do with this????

Normal russian behavior. DUI not really a crime in russia. Bye Bye!

Wat Dee, Russian Alcohol blood level limit was 0,048.

A very happy policeman informed me about this at a routine paper check in the morning when he measured 0.096

Punishable by jail, fine, six months suspension. Happy morning that was.

Europe's limit is 0.5 !!!

The guy shrugged his shoulders and told me that I was 2 times over limit.

DUI not a good idea anywhere but surely not in Russia !

What tourists do abroad is another thing though,,,,

Russians, English, Scandinavians etc, it seems every country has its own incoming tourists to be proud of!

When and where was this?

opposite Home Pro Chalong 2 days ago 5.30pm

Plenty of good Russians and Chinese out there; you're embarassing yourself with these generalisations. Quite frankly I'd take these Russians and Chinese over condescending people who make snap judgements on millions of people because of where they come from.

and you are dismissing what many studies into societal differences have observed, certainy nationalities display certain behaviours. Of cousre there are exceptions, but to say they do not is nonsense!

yes im all ok, seatbelt snapped, and airbag came out slight knock to the head, but ok, the guy was lucky it wasn't a kid on a scooter thats all i can say.

Seatbelt snapped?

Oh great. Are you reading Ford?

To be fair it did take a beating.

we were in traffic stopped and he hit at 100MPH reported (150KLMS) the seat belt pulled the bolt from the car, but saved my life i am sure.

• Like 1

I am unsure, it knocked me out clean cold for a minute, nose hurts but brusing under the skin but nothing showing :D - hasent ruined my good looks 5555

One thing I would like to know is how an airbag pounding into your face feels.

I have heard (just speculation) that they can sometimes cause more harm than good.

Please tell me your experience of that bag slamming into your face.

• Like 1

Which is why I leave a car length between me and the car in front, and keep my foot on the brake. Of course if I'm toward the front of the line a few motorcycles will usually fill it up but I consider them cushioning buffers.

My car was moved 1.5M with the force of the impact.

there was plenty of room 55555

yes im all ok, seatbelt snapped, and airbag came out slight knock to the head, but ok, the guy was lucky it wasn't a kid on a scooter thats all i can say.

Seatbelt snapped?

we were in traffic stopped and he hit at 100MPH reported (150KLMS) the seat belt pulled the bolt from the car, but saved my life i am sure.

From your red car's photo, perhaps not quite 100 mph?

Crazy traffic prodded me to buy one of those in-car dash cams .... luckily no exciting footage yet.

Only going on police report, however will add the chas is completely bent, when i say bent the boot is crushed completely the back seats folded, at the front the engine move 2 inches, with the radiator, and the car is bent at a 15 degree angle or something along this line

Seatbelt snapped?

From your red car's photo, perhaps not quite 100 mph?

Crazy traffic prodded me to buy one of those in-car dash cams .... luckily no exciting footage yet.

Mate, get onto FORD asap about the belt snapping, they are designed for this very thing!

its due in there for a full overview once repaired (just to confirm its like new)

I would insist its repaired at the new Anuphas Ford ion Katu - brand new very impressive facility, they even finished my job 3/4 days early!

• Like 1

Note to self if I see red fiesta for sale in the coming months .... Do not buy

No need to, its not for sale, you obliviously lack any understanding on the garage works of Thailand, the likely hood is the car will come out like brand new, (on new years morning my friend wrote off his week old merc, he got it back last week and its actually in better condition as they don't miss anything when rebuilding and retuning where as when building initially some checks are skipped(bet you didn't know that).

Edited by Jameskrabi

My car was moved 1.5M with the force of the impact.

there was plenty of room 55555

You were hit by the Russian at 100 MPH? If so I have to say what a well designed car because it certainly took a hit than many others would have disintegrated on. Looking at his car, and yours seems perhaps you meant 100 kilometer per hour , which would be 60mph. Still doesn't look right, that's one hell of a lot of inertia.

Edited by EBlair48

Note to self if I see red fiesta for sale in the coming months .... Do not buy

No need to, its not for sale, you obliviously lack any understanding on the garage works of Thailand, the likely hood is the car will come out like brand new, (on new years morning my friend wrote off his week old merc, he got it back last week and its actually in better condition as they don't miss anything when rebuilding and retuning where as when building initially some checks are skipped(bet you didn't know that).

personally i would not want a car where the chassis has had to be straightened out ,each to their own though.after 8 years here i have full understanding of how garages in thailand work,thank you very much.

Edited by taninthai

and you are dismissing what many studies into societal differences have observed, certainy nationalities display certain behaviours. Of cousre there are exceptions, but to say they do not is nonsense!

They do not what? I'm not sure I have a clue what your point is.