No use of force against protesters: Civil Court

webfact

No use of force against protesters: Civil Court

BANGKOK: -- The Civil Court on Wednesday ruled the state of emergency cannot be used as a reason for clamping down on the anti-government demonstrators.

The court also prohibited the use of force against the protesters, whose demonstrations have so far been conducted peacefully. This is in line with an earlier ruling by the Constitutional Court.

Former Democrat MP Thaworn Saeniam asked the Court to revoke the emergency decree invoked in Bangkok and outskirts provinces.

Yingluck government has invoked the state of emergency to handle with the anti-government protests led by former Democrat MP Suthep Thaugsuban in January.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-19

-------------------------------------------

Thai court bans use of force against peaceful protests

BANGKOK, February 19, 2014 (AFP) - A Thai court on Wednesday ordered the government not to use force against peaceful protesters, after clashes between demonstrators and police left five dead and dozens wounded on both sides.

The ruling by the Civil Court could complicate Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's handling of more than three months of mass opposition protests, although her government had already pledged to avoid using violence against the demonstrators.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-02-19

• Like 1

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does that mean that yesterdays 'crack-down' is now considered illegal?

I cant wait for the DSI to round up the CAMP-O leaders and throw them in jail... oh wait...

No, it was legal yesterday cause the court hadn't ruled on it.

Now I guess all they can do is Threaten to Disperse protesters - again and again and again?

Well maybe this will bring about the Foreign and Labor Minsters being leashed in a proper place. Those two with the aid of the DSI have created more problems since they came on the scene, than a pack of rabid monkeys.

All three of them must have had a lonely time growing up, they seem the type that tortured the neighborhood pets when they were approaching adulthood, while the other boys were pursuing the girls. If tickets are sold when they are brought justice, someone stands to make a killing. Just not sure Thailand has accomadation large enough to handle the propestive spectators.

So whats the purpose of the emergency decree if the government can't use violence and can't arrest protesters? Why even have a emergency decree if its no different than normally?

Exactly! So the CC decides to keep the ED in place but have castrated it instead. Fine judgment. clap2.gif

Well maybe this will bring about the Foreign and Labor Minsters being leashed in a proper place. Those two with the aid of the DSI have created more problems since they came on the scene, than a pack of rabid monkeys.

All three of them must have had a lonely time growing up, they seem the type that tortured the neighborhood pets when they were approaching adulthood, while the other boys were pursuing the girls. If tickets are sold when they are brought justice, someone stands to make a killing. Just not sure Thailand has accomadation large enough to handle the propestive spectators.

But farangs will still have pay double to watch the proceedings!whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn

Conspiracy nutters take note: The court did not support the democrat-led petition to lift the state of emergency. This is obviously further evidence of a judicial coup.

No, this is a Thai ruling. They ruled that the SOE cannot be used, i.e., it is a fake state of emergency.

Can you use a fake SOE, to arrest fake farmers with fake policemen?

(I think it is a "no one is wrong, we are all friends and don't hurt each other, ruling.....Government is right, protesters are right.....)

So the emergency decree remains, but violence to disperse protesters is out. This can only be good news for the people on the streets as well as the country at large, because the underlying principle is that protests are a legal form of dissent in a free society. Chalerm wanted to do away with that. In terms of the emergency decree itself, the administration remains on constitutional thin ice, as an appeal to the Constitutional Court on the legality of its imposition will certainly be forthcoming at some point. For Chalerm, this has been a very bad week. His push yesterday to retake five protest areas ended in none of them being retaken, and with the tragic loss of life - four civilians and one policeman, as well as many dozens of injured. This ruling puts a stop to the carnage. And it places the administration in an ever tighter corner, as impeachment investigations continue, as the rice scandal continues to overwhelm them, and as a parliament sits idle with no quorum. The mechanisms of this administration's defeat are in motion, from a variety of angles, headed towards their day in court.

You are too optimistic....

First of all, there is still the unknown third party....

And if it was a good or bad week for Chalerm depends on his book-bank.....I don't think he cares if the protesters sees him as idiot if the boss transfers some money.

Even if the courts impeach them tomorrow and they have to leave country, they still have enough money to spend more per day than we can do in our life.....

So non of them will loose, they only win more or less.

• Like 2

Posted Today, 16:07

RT @waanspeaking: RT @joe_black317: 16.00hr Civil Court says govt can use emergency decree to deal with critical situations.

So I Guess that means someone has to create a 'critical situation' before the emergency decree can be used.

Of course 'critical situation' is completely objective.

One mans critical situation can easily be another's slight problem or even no trouble at all.

• Like 2

I cant wait for the DSI to round up the CAMP-O leaders and throw them in jail... oh wait...

Now I guess all they can do is Threaten to Disperse protesters - again and again and again?

I heard but have not verified that an injunction was actually issued yesterday to cover until the release of the judgement. If anyone can confirm that please do.

• Like 1

So whats the purpose of the emergency decree if the government can't use violence and can't arrest protesters? Why even have a emergency decree if its no different than normally?

Like a paper tiger, for show only, so Farangs dare not travel to Thailand.

You are wrong.

The situation has never been legal.

The constitutional court ruled long before that, the protests are legal, and under the constitution can not be broke up or dispersed.

Today's ruling from a second court backs up the fact that yesterday the CMPO and the police acted illegally and can indeed be brought to justice.

Like a paper tiger, for show only, so Farangs dare not travel to Thailand.

Ahh don't worry so much the Aussie government hasn't lifted their travel warning at all, just use extreme caution and avoid protest sites. Bunch of Galahs in action.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

BANGKOK: -- The Civil Court on Wednesday ruled the state of emergency cannot be used as a reason for clamping down on the anti-government demonstrators.

whose demonstrations have so far been conducted peacefully.

BUT, what about the peoples rights of freedom to travel and work in some areas. This was and has been STOPPED by the anti-government demonstrators.

What about the freedom to travel and to VOTE in some areas, this was also STOPPED by the anti-government demonstrators.

You, The Civil Court are the Joke of the Year 2014.cheesy.gif and do not know anything about the RULE OF CIVIL LAW. Do you? As we all have the Civil right of movement etc......this was also STOPPED by the anti-government demonstrators.

What you, The Civil Court should have mentioned was the Civil disobedience by the anti-government demonstrators taking over and ransacking government offices, and to leave right now all government properties and park your demonstrators in the DEEP SOUTH of Thailand where they came from.

The only good thing came out was, the street food vendors are making funds for their families which helps the poor folks.

I rest my case, me lord/s.

Win facepalm.gif

Ahh it is only corruption, not to worry! Both sides are as bad as each other and the civil court has nor heeds any of the PEOPLES rights, just Suthep handing out some borrowed cash that has been most graciously given to him by the average Bangkokian who doesn't give two hoots about who the backbone of the country really is, but then again, nor does Yingluck. So where to now everyone? Democracy I cry, sorry no one knows nor implements such a measure in Thailand as the Ammart on both sides will lose out on their CASH FLOW.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2