Chalerm insists CMPO's powers are not clipped by court's ruling

webfact

It is very hard to avoid linking the judiciary into the political sphere when decisions constantly support the Opposition...One needs to look no further than a cooking show and supporting the Opposition mantra about an agricultural subsidy program....Trying to eliminate an elected PM via one or the other is same-same. They succeeded with the cooking show, so now they are trying again with some other spurious rationale......I just hope the PTP respect their majority electoral base enough to not fold in the face of this one, as the cooking show Samak did before.

But to essentially place themselves at the front lines of the coup-monger street stuff is over the top. To give Suthep and his shadowy supporters carte blanche with no concern about being challenged, is close to joining the ranks of the protesters without actually being on the street.

Good for Chalerm to face up to idiocy.

No one on either side of this is lily white, but as I've said before those that are IN power need to start doing things legally and following the law instead of continually twisting things around to suit themselves, blaming others and ignoring any laws or judicial judgements because it doesn't suit their agenda.

Fryslan boppe: You complain that the judicial judgements constantly support the "opposition" . . . why do you think that is? Could it be perhaps that the "government" are not actually doing things in the right (legal) way and aren't listening and dismissive to anyone outside their own little circle? They've been told over and over again how to do things by the EC and a number of Courts. It's not rocket science to do things in a legal and correct way, they choose not to do so and keep getting hauled up for it.

If they set the example, others would follow

"why do you think that is?

Because they are rooted in the anti-UDD/RS/PTP side of the political divide.

Only the PAD-Dem's self-servingly legitimize them.

This POV is supported by the millions of those whose Government selections are constantly under threat from this element of the unelectable elitists.

You honestly think that those who elected this Govt. aren't angered by this judicial duplicity, they call double standards....

Do you think that electoral majority aren't angered by the thought, "Here we go again"

Why is it only the PAD-Dem's applaud this thing......

To imply judicial validity in deposing elected Govts. and PM's is to show a fellow rooting in the PAD-Dem side of the political divide.

Not complicated.

Edited by Fryslan boppe

It is very hard to avoid linking the judiciary into the political sphere when decisions constantly support the Opposition...One needs to look no further than a cooking show and supporting the Opposition mantra about an agricultural subsidy program....Trying to eliminate an elected PM via one or the other is same-same. They succeeded with the cooking show, so now they are trying again with some other spurious rationale......I just hope the PTP respect their majority electoral base enough to not fold in the face of this one, as the cooking show Samak did before.

But to essentially place themselves at the front lines of the coup-monger street stuff is over the top. To give Suthep and his shadowy supporters carte blanche with no concern about being challenged, is close to joining the ranks of the protesters without actually being on the street.

Yep, just run over the Constitution. That's the PTP way. The Constitution sets forth the conditions in which an SOE may be invoked, and also explains how strict the SOE may be structured in light of the threat to the country. If you actually read the 1997 Constitution which authorized the SOE, you will realize that it was designed to deal with war and extreme acts of terror. It was never designed to deal with protests protected by other parts of the Constitution. The court only upheld the SOE because there may be incidents in the future which push Thailand back into the terror of 2010.

As an example of the difference in these two protests, in 2010 my office was in a warzone and the building closed for 2 weeks, because it was too dangerous on the streets surrounding the building. In 2013-14, the building hasn't closed at all, although protesters frequently march on the streets surrounding it.

In 2013-14, the only serious incidents of violence have occurred when force was met with force (Ramkhamhaeng, Laksi and now Phan-Fa Bridge). All of these incidents are regrettable, but it also shows that these protests are basically peaceful, unless confronted by other groups intending to use force.

For that reason, the Court has determined that the Constitution only permits a lower grade of SOE. The conditions don't justify using armed force to break up assemblies, to expel government building trespassers, or to unblock roads and intersections. Most of the SOE was thrown out by the Court because it overreaches. The Court did leave the SOE in place, because conditions could quickly change and that would allow Yingluck to impose stricter SOE regulations.

"Yep, just run over the Constitution. That's the PTP way."

Actually, it is not....That was done by the 2006 coup-mongers.....And essentially the same people are trying to do it again in 2014.

All because of their unelectability.

Not complicated

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"But to essentially place themselves at the front lines of the coup-monger street stuff is over the top. To give Suthep and his shadowy supporters carte blanche with no concern about being challenged, is close to joining the ranks of the protesters without actually being on the street."

Yes a good example the Cooking show thing, a prime minister outed by a court ruling he was paid 2000 baht for a cooking show demonstration.

Same Same Thaksin, why not hand it all over to the courts let them run it all, North Korea here I come

Factually incorrect. Samak had a weekly cooking show (not a cooking demonstration), which consumed many hours per week. Time which he should have been using to attend to running the country. To put it another way, surely the good citizens of Thailand or any country have a right to expect that their PM is focused on running the country, not taping cooking shows.

He was warned several times that by law pm's cannot have a second job. He refused to listen and in reality said 'I will do whatever I want'.

It all caught up with him.

"But to essentially place themselves at the front lines of the coup-monger street stuff is over the top. To give Suthep and his shadowy supporters carte blanche with no concern about being challenged, is close to joining the ranks of the protesters without actually being on the street."

Yes a good example the Cooking show thing, a prime minister outed by a court ruling he was paid 2000 baht for a cooking show demonstration.

Same Same Thaksin, why not hand it all over to the courts let them run it all, North Korea here I come

I'm just an observer mostly here....but I notice you support the pro-gov side, and your icon is a Communist Chinese flag...might I ask a question? Are you a Communist? Just a curiosity as the flag/icon would suggest so.

"....your icon is a Communist Chinese flag...might I ask a question? Are you a Communist? Just a curiosity as the flag/icon would suggest so".

Not sure what you mean...My (Fryslan boppe) icon?...That is a Frisian flag...You can Google "Friesland" for background.

One disrespectful person said the Frisian flag as shown in my icon, looked like 'Fat ladies bending over"............Not nice that!

"I'm just an observer mostly here.."

Implied nuetrality doesn't add validity to one's comments nor is it possible with political junkies on political discussion boards...IMHO.

I suppose one could deduce being pro-Govt....More accurate would be to deduce pro-electoral democracy, anti-coup mongering and respecting the vote of the electoral majority.

Ya got a problem with the Govt, take it to Parliament, defend your opinion, hope the electorate agrees and manifests that agreement next election.

Not complicated.

Edited by Fryslan boppe
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The mood is so well. Charlem and his police friends.
No words of regret for the deaths and injuries?
Where is the human dignity?
Seems to be all pretty funny in this armed Punch and Judy club

For him there's always just one agenda: 'look at me, look at me'.

Expecting he will voice something wise, constructive, and valuable way beyond all expectations.

No one on either side of this is lily white, but as I've said before those that are IN power need to start doing things legally and following the law instead of continually twisting things around to suit themselves, blaming others and ignoring any laws or judicial judgements because it doesn't suit their agenda.

Fryslan boppe: You complain that the judicial judgements constantly support the "opposition" . . . why do you think that is? Could it be perhaps that the "government" are not actually doing things in the right (legal) way and aren't listening and dismissive to anyone outside their own little circle? They've been told over and over again how to do things by the EC and a number of Courts. It's not rocket science to do things in a legal and correct way, they choose not to do so and keep getting hauled up for it.

This POV is supported by the millions of those whose Government selections are constantly under threat from this element of the unelectable elitists.

You honestly think that those who elected this Govt. aren't angered by this judicial duplicity, they call double standards....

Do you think that electoral majority aren't angered by the thought, "Here we go again"

To imply judicial validity in deposing elected Govts. and PM's is to show a fellow rooting in the PAD-Dem side of the political divide.

Not complicated.

Yes here we go again. The Shins haven't learned. Apparently 1 coup wasn't enough.

Follow some laws and you might stay in charge for a long time. Even a Red Dutchman like you should understand that. Fyi, democracy is much more complicated than the textbook version you keep on preaching.

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

Not complicated.

Yes here we go again. The Shins haven't learned. Apparently 1 coup wasn't enough.

Follow some laws and you might stay in charge for a long time. Even a Red Dutchman like you should understand that. Fyi, democracy is much more complicated than the textbook version you keep on preaching.

Methinks the 'Red Dutchman' is a nom-de-guerre for Calgary. The inability to actually distinguish fact from propaganda is striking.

As anyone following the protests knows, there have been court verdicts both for and against the PTP/CMPO stooges. But of course the courts are only bad when they go against 'us'.

He also doesn't (want to) understand that there is little difference between the 1997 & 2007 constitutions - the main difference being that the 2007 version was accepted by the Thai people.

As for the verdict in the case in question, the court issued a balanced judgement, favouring neither side which is 'not fair' for those who favour an unbalanced one.

Sometimes it seems that the fanatical type of PTP supporter places the PTP mob above the law - the sort of 'democracy' favoured by dictators.

My guess is:

1. You don't live here in Thailand or you've been here a very short amount of time.

2. You're an idiot!

How did I score on that one F.B.?

"....your icon is a Communist Chinese flag...might I ask a question? Are you a Communist? Just a curiosity as the flag/icon would suggest so".

Not sure what you mean...My (Fryslan boppe) icon?...That is a Frisian flag...You can Google "Friesland" for background.

Not complicated.

The poster was referring to Jollyman's flag, not yours.

Not complicated.

Frankly, these past two months have exposed Chalerm as a bully. He is a big talker, loves to threaten people and loves to ignore the rule of law. His whole brand is about being a gangster who terrorizes people who are weaker than him. He shows off, he scares people and he is rude.

Take away his weapons, his position power, his threats and what you have left is essentially a squid.

Have to say, Suthep challenging Chalerm to a fist fight is one of the damn

funniest things I have ever seen in Thai politics. If he refuses , he certainly will

be regarded as a coward. Ooops he is already regarded as that.....

I trust Thais and the majority of Thai voters. Anything other than elected representation and the sanctity of voting is not Democracy and will not be respected worldwide. This is vital in a modern, interdependent economy.

I wish Suthep and his mob were as good at developing policies and plans to garner votes as they are at destroying the economy and creating suffering. These protests will cripple the emerging middle class and the economy for years.

There is a right way and a wrong way to change things for the better. Creating an economic crisis for a "Select Committee" of unelected representatives to solve is not the right way and will not be tolerated by the majority.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app