Long tail from Ao nang to Railay

pavloh

I am sure this is a old question but just wanted to know if anything has changed.

I love Ao Nang and was there about 4 years ago stayed at golden beach resort.

I have 5 days and was hoping to spend 2 days in railay at sand sea resort and 3 back at golden beach and wondered the price of the long tail and how often they go.

Appreciate any help

80 baht each way, leaving from Ao Nam Mao, Ao Nang (both ends of the beach) and Nopparathara.(Wang Sai)

Boat leaves when 8 people on board.

Be prepared for changes since you were last here, lately there has been standing room only on the beaches at Railay - though the season is beginning to tail off now. Ao Nang also has been crowded and is developing faster than the infrastructure should allow.

I stayed in Ao Nong in december 2013. I took the long tail over to Railey. Pretty much walk up and get on, but they do wait for about 6 people or so, 8 if they think there are enough people hanging around. The return trip took a little longer to get on a boat. Had to wait about 30 minutes to get enough people together. We left with only 5. I suspect at the very end of the day, it might be a bit risky in case all the boats are full? But I suspect one could clamber on one if you had to, even if it is a bit crowded.

The trip is short. Raily beach is sandy, whereas Ao Nong beach is kind of muddy and slimy feeling. More plant matter runoff from the jungle? I liked Ao Nong as it was quiet and pretty. Very good choice of foods and curries and seafoods. I liked swimming under the Big Buddha on Phuket better though. Not patong, that was too crowded, but a few kMs south at Karon beach.

When I went last year, they go when they had 8 people..

On the return trip, rather than take us back to the jetty, he stopped short and made us clamber over the rocks.. Nice.

Better than the last boats out at 5 pm. They go to their tie up around the point, on the other side of AoNang and you have to climb out over several boats.

A very large woman had a tough time doing that, while the boat jockeys snickered. It was rather cruel and cringe worthy.