Enroll in ObamaCare?

Guest siamjourney

I read this whole topic and I'm still not sure if it's possible to get an Obamacare policy that will cover me while I'm in Thailand. I can't buy insurance locally because of a pre-existing condition, so I would love to find an American policy that would cover me. I don't like being without insurance.

I could maintain a residence in the US if that is required.

Does anybody have any direct experience with this?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read on a website folks saying to be exempt from Obama Care

you need to remain out of the USA & not return more than X days per year

No problem...But they also said after 2014 you will have had to file your taxes using your foreign address?

Has anyone else heard of this or found verification of such a rule?

While I do remain out of the US my mailing address remains in the US due to credit cards billing requirements etc.

As such I have always used my US address on my tax returns & wondered about this years filing which I am about to do.

Wife and I use our Korat address on U.S.tax return,refund goes direct deposit to our U.S. bank account.All our credit cards used our daughters address,could also use mail forwarding address for the cre4dit cards.This is not rocket science.

Lefty

• 2 weeks later...

having problem finding where to post my msg someone plse help me

i am 83 yrs old in end stage of incurable disease that is destroying my brain
i have maybe 3 or 4 months left before i become totally paralyzed
its already difficult to move and impossible to eat normally,
i am alone with no family just Thai caregiver. Live near Hua Hin.
i need a RELIABLE source for euthanasia drug Nembutal need 10 gr powder
someone please help repost this for if necessary

having problem navigating through all these forums

If your American, maybe you could fly to Oregon, where there are 'death with dignity' laws, though, don't know how residency in-state would work http://public.health.oregon.gov/ProviderPartnerResources/EvaluationResearch/DeathwithDignityAct/Pages/index.aspx

having problem finding where to post my msg someone plse help me

i am 83 yrs old in end stage of incurable disease that is destroying my brain
i have maybe 3 or 4 months left before i become totally paralyzed
its already difficult to move and impossible to eat normally,
i am alone with no family just Thai caregiver. Live near Hua Hin.
i need a RELIABLE source for euthanasia drug Nembutal need 10 gr powder
someone please help repost this for if necessary

having problem navigating through all these forums

Edited by chubby

re flying impossible without caregiver i am from UK AM aware of Dignatas and US

states but cannot take advantage of them.am member of EXIT Scotland need to find

and do here wat i cn do while i can if i have the means

......sorry, just cut and pasting this in here, maybe Sheryl, knows if there are any home care hospices, anywhere in Thailand or inpatient one, for the future, chok dii and god bless on your situation ....

After the first hospice was founded at Phrabat Nampu temple, some private hospices were also developed. For example, Soon Bantaojai Centre was established by Camillian Missionaries in Nondaburi province in 1993.28 This development of hospice care occurred in both government facilities and community groups, driven particularly by the urgent need to care for people living with HIV and AIDS.

In 1998, Mahavajiralongkorn Cancer Centre, the first hospice operated by the Thai government, was opened in central Thailand.26 The organization of this hospice was influenced by Australian and US hospice models. The multidisciplinary team at this hospice includes a physician (on rotation for 1 month), nurses, a social worker, and a Buddhist monk. Patients are referred to the hospice by their physicians when their conditions are appropriate for hospice care. Although the Thai hospice model was influenced by the US hospice model, it was also distinct from the US hospice model in which the US hospice provides bereavement services lasting from 6 months to 1 year for family members after the death of the loved ones. The Thai hospice model does not cover bereavement services. According to the tradition of extended families in the Thai culture and strong relationships among relatives, the relatives will support family members who lost their loved ones.26

Currently, hospice and palliative care has been implemented in at least 13 organizations and provide 40 hospice-palliative care services, mostly to inpatients. Eight of these organizations are government facilities (tertiary hospitals and cancer centers), one is a private hospital and two are faith-based institutions.26 Most services provide for inpatients. The model of service of each organization is likely distinct from that of each other.

At the Mahavajiralongkorn hospice, patients are allowed to stay in the hospice for 2 weeks. During this time, their family members learn to look after the patients. After patients are discharged to their private homes, caring is provided by family members. Nurses visit to support and help as necessary. Pain medication such as morphine can be prescribed for patients based on a nurse's assessment and communication to a physician. Opioids are provided only in tablet (morphine) and patch (fentanyl) forms.

Edited by chubby