Phuket's slick, slippery, and shiny road surfaces

illy

Anyone else notice how this season the roads seem especially slippery and slick?

any other sports bike rider using less lean angle at the moment?

I notice when stationary and I have my riding boots on the ground the surface IS in fact slippery enough to easily slide your boot on if not careful.

this is especially noticeable around the roads near boat lagoon, toyota pearl etc.

also been noticing a lot more tourists on scooters down on the ground this year. [saw 4 down just yesterday in a 2 hour period between karon & kamala]

Yes. Whenever it doesn't rain for a while it gets like this. When it does rain, the initial few drops turn the surface into something with the consistancy of snot. Slipperier than ice. I saw a Thai guy bin it on a corner in Kamala yesterday where a water truck had spilled some water on the road. This is also exactly how I broke my kneecap when I first came to Thailand. Take a look at Kata hill if there is light mist of rain after weeks of dry weather. That road becomes impassable on a bike until it either drys or gets heavily rained on. I once saw 4 bikes crashed on separate sections of that hill after a garbage truck passed through leaking some mystery liquid on the road.

• Like 1