Ship loads of stuff.

Skuttlefish

Comrades,

I have been offered a job in Australia and we will be leaving Thailand- sadly. The thing is, the job is in a very remote location (Think 7 hours drive to the nearest Ikea) and the change-over between the old job and new job is tight. So the plan is to ship pretty much everything we own to Australia. Car, some furniture, appliances, tools, toys. I have been looking for a car shipping company and not had much success- many companies that bring cars in, but the only exporter I can find isn't replying to emails. I think I have the Australian side of importing a car under control but it's chaos at this end. Any advice would be welcome.

I agree the car is most likely more trouble than it's worth, especially if you can leave it with a trusted friend to sell for you here - if you have to sell yourself quickly you're unlikely to get a good price.

And usually each country has their own nitpicky safety/pollution gear requirments, retrofitting can often prohibitively expensive.

I agree the car is most likely more trouble than it's worth, especially if you can leave it with a trusted friend to sell for you here - if you have to sell yourself quickly you're unlikely to get a good price.

And usually each country has their own nitpicky safety/pollution gear requirments, retrofitting can often prohibitively expensive.

"most lilely" "youre unlikely" "and usually" "can often be" Sound advice from Wym.

The car is a Mazda 4x4 pick up and costs 40% more in Australia- more than A$20 000, the only difference is the Australian model gets a heater and side air bags as it is so much more dangerous on the road there. I know it is a risk and a lot of bother but I will need a 4x4 in my new job and this has been an excellent car so I'm keen to push on. Bloody ugly car though.