Xbox One & PS4 online in Thailand

xostevox

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience of playing either the Xbox One or PS4 online in Thailand?

I play Cod Ghosts on PS3 and was wondering how it fared on PS4 or Xbox One!

Is it easy to get a good connection with locals etc.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Retiring my Xbox 360 & going over to the other side. Have many Xbox games - disc & DLCs, but Microsoft with their Big Brother push, Region LOCK & ultimate Advertiser greed made up my mind to switch to Sony PS. Note, though MS said they would withdraw that Big Brother option with XBOX One, the breach of privacy (downloading everything you do on the console as long as you are connected to XBOX Live) is still real for both 360 & One as of the August 2013 update. Living overseas, finding more (region locked or as MS replies, corrupted or missing) files (licenses) unplayable or suddenly the discs are unreadable - as the 2014 updates flow. MS is only good if you live under the corporate thumb within the country of purchase provided it's one that actually supports MS, of which Thailand does not.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Sorry, previous was more of a statement then a reply.

Buy PS4 if you want to connect to their servers &/or play region-unlocked without hassle. Xbox One has some cool games, but everything will come crashing down sooner or later if they find out you're in an unsupported Region - via Xbox Live - thus buy if you either get an UK/Europe box & only use the Free Xbox Live account or an USA box & never connect period.

I heard xbox warns about region by checking your ip, but only does so in xbox live market / movies / trailers etc.

Does it lock you out while playing game online?

Don't know, haven't played online. Though my newer DL games are choppy & buggy, those which I purchased while in the US. Wiped my drive last night & just re-downloaded my profile. I'm guessing that MS sees my IP since they're asking that I purchase those newer DLCs again (for the new region). Of which I doubt will work.

While here, I've tried purchasing DLC full games & got the message "not supported in your region", so if anything I take that as a big negative. Downloading Demos still works.

Multiplayer: can't say about Xbox One but trying the 360 with Battlefield 3. Well, froze up at first pass...no, all locked up. Have to reboot.

• 3 months later...

Where is a good reliable place to buy or better yet test the ps4 or Xbox. Near Bangkok or Pattaya is fine. Some one major I can bring back or have it serviced.

Has anyone only tried playing multiplayer online? Like COD or Halo. .? Has it been successful ? I have tried to find any info with live before I make a huge purchase of ps4 or one.

I'm playing on PS4 now, please add me and send a message just to let me know that you're from Thailand!

ID: Old-Big

Are you in Thai now too? Where did you buy the ps4 ?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I bought mine while on a trip in the states last year, I saw them selling consoles in Emporium on the toys floor, but I assume you should be able to get it from any game shops in BKK.

Connection with COD is pretty okay, the problem is it is difficult to find a match sometimes as there are not much people playing in Thailand, so mostly we are connected with HongKong, Taiwan and Japan players.

Ahhh okay. I am near chonburi. I will try to find a good place that sells one. How long is it taking to find matches ?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

During 7-12pm should not take more than 1 min, sometimes I could not find a match at all, but this might be caused by slow connection speed from True Online

• 1 month later...

I play a modified xbox 360 Lt.3.0 online, love it. No problems finding games. Machine works fine, installs and downloads DC, great experience. I would have used original software but it's just too hard to find. Just recently upgraded to an xbox one. First game I installed was Titan Fall, pretty much the same as my 360, a little disappointing but I suppose if I had a 4k tv I wouldn't be complaining. The next 2 games were Ryse of Rome and Dead Rising 3, those 2 games took literally forever to install. I'm talking crazy long, I don't know if it's my machine or internet, but I'll just say over 6 hours a piece. I got watch dog but I'm too lazy to install it. So far the best thing about the xbox one is the 2 free games a month they give you for the gold membership. Ryse of Rome is pretty good, great graphics and good game play, Dead Rising 3 is good, but until now its still not done installing so during game play there are freezes sometimes. I was going to sell my xbox 360, but now I'm considering keeping it around because I usually only play for 20-30 minutes at a time, Seems like the old system is a lot less of a hassle to play. I still don't have a headset for the xbox one yet either, but if there are any xbox one players out there, let me know we can hook up and play some games.

• 2 months later...

I am very sorry to ask my own questions on your thread but i dont know how to create my own thread.. But I am moving to Southern Thailand to live with my family over there. They have WIFI Access in all rooms but I wasnt sure what my UK xbox one would allow me to do over there.. Can i play online? Will the games work that i have taken into the country from the UK? I have been puzzled for weeks but have no way of finding out any specific information.. So will i be able to play online and interact with others from the UK over party chat and game play etc?

PLEASE HELP!

• 3 weeks later...

Ive been doing a bit of research into this.

The xbox one has a regional setting in the settings. No matter where you are in he world as long as you don't change the regional settings on the xbox. You will be able to play games that are from the UK or from the UK marketplace. Apps use geolocation so bbc iplayer or netflix won't work. unless u use a service like uno telly which tricks the box in to thinking your in the UK.

P.s physical discs are region free so if you buy a game from the UK it will be fine