Hounded caretaker PM Yingluck adapts to work on the run

webfact

x30227371-01_big.gif.pagespeed.ic.jOrNyx

A file photo of caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and former Pheu Thai MP Jirayu Huangsap ploughing during the 2011 election campaign

with her older brother and one of his cronies in the background. laugh.png

I'd bar fine her,

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thai Democracy: Rule and lead the country until the protesters or opposition catch you, and then you can no longer lead! Nobody will do what you order, but you can pretend you are leading. The Army and Police will not protect you but you are the official leader of the country. Arrest warrants have been issued for all of the protesters but this is just more Thai humor. Sounds like a game of dodge ball!

rolleyes.gif

SPECIAL REPORT

Hounded premier adapts to work on the run

The Nation

30227371-01_big.gif

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-02-21

Lifted from the books of her brother..... Towards the end if his tenure, he stayed in a village for 24 hours with big brother style tv.

What's the scarf around her waist ? Louis Vutton ? ( silly me, LV too cheap, probably Hermes )

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Let's rock it boys and gals : guitar.gif.pagespeed.ce.Rjd-vqhNlw.gif " These boots are made for walking (and not sitting on your dumb arse).... one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you guitar.gif.pagespeed.ce.Rjd-vqhNlw.gif... my little Runaway..." guitar.gif.pagespeed.ce.Rjd-vqhNlw.gif

Sooo!! Here is the big question. If the secretary genereral is making plans for YL to go north, is it really to oversee a drought problem? Or is that an excuse to flee where she is protected? One has to ask this since almost all projects she has been in charge of never saw her in their meetings as overseer.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Tactically referred to as retreating from the front lines or as The Big O said; ' just running scared'

Pannic setting in with the Coup mongers and we can see this from Legal and media efforts this week.

"What doesn't Kill us, makes us stronger" PM has really dug in now and has the voters rights to defend..... She could come out of this very well!

Meanwhile, propaganda hit fever pitch today and as every item is anti Gov, there is no more they can do. This is the peak of the propaganda now and it is clearly falling short of swaying anybody other than the faithful.

You are dead right about Thaksin being desperate to get his coup and his bulldog Chalerm has been doing his best to provoke it, along of course with the so called third hand.

He must see a coup as being the only way he can get his red thugs out with their grenade launchers and other stolen weapons to initiate a civil war.

A war that he must now see as the only way he can ever get back as the savior and peace maker.

But the army are not buying it, the brass know what he is up to.

The only way your hero Thaksin will ever return to this country is in a box.

You are also right about the propaganda, Yinglucks last 2 efforts on facebook have been nothing but lies and distributing them to village chiefs is reprehensible.

Interesting she communicates on facebook as she refuses to face up to anyone.

• Like 1

This is a very interesting article and a rather cautionary one. It takes us in the labyrinth of Yingluck's increasingly stealthy world, and it gives us a glimpse as to the imposing charges that she faces. From the outside, there seems very little point why she stays. Most would leave far before this point. And in fact, she decided to do just that five weeks ago. But Thaksin put a stop to that, so here she stays. It is an impossible position to be in. There is no way that this administration can survive from a number of daunting standpoints. But in the most measurable terms, the Yingluck administration has been on a path towards dissolution since October 13, when Thaksin released his " revised " amnesty bill. That started an inexorable domino effect which has had far greater reprecussions than what most would have thought possible. And since December 9, the administration has been without legislative power. As this article points out, the country is presently in a totally unprecedented situation. A vacuum. But on top of that it is a true anomaly. Although this administration is frozen, they are imposing a state of emergency, and making continual appeals to strengthen their grip through the use of force and media restrictions. The administration is also at every turn resisting the wheels of the judicial process. Chalerm's latest gambit to apply pressure to the Civil Court to change their ruling is but the latest example. And that part is truly scary.

Edited by Scamper
  • Like 1

The thing is that modern politics is certainly performance-art, marionette shows etc. and that makes many of the politicians forget that their catwalk performances in the political sphere, while sadly subverted to this drama-school kind of affair these days, still has direct and terrible implications for the people down below. It is easy to sign your name on some papers and tell yourself its okay, then smile at the cameras and reassure people, its just performance art at that stage, but then when the paper you signed leads to debt-suicides etc. or in the case of the dune-loon leads to mass-executions of thousands of innocent unarmed civilians, it is no longer performance art and is a crime against humanity.

The papers Yingluck signed did lead directly to massive emotional trauma and debt-suicides in some of the most upstanding and hardworking families in the nation. All the gold frills and glitter in the world can't change the fact that this type of negligence and corruption is a crime against humanity.

abhisit and suthep signed papers that directly led to the deaths of 80 odd civilians - Did you regard that as a crime against humanity, I think I can guess.

This is a very interesting article and a rather cautionary one. It takes us in the labyrinth of Yingluck's increasingly stealthy world, and it gives us a glimpse as to the imposing charges that she faces. From the outside, there seems very little point why she stays. Most would leave far before this point. And in fact, she decided to do just that five weeks ago. But Thaksin put a stop to that, so here she stays. It is an impossible position to be in. There is no way that this administration can survive from a number of daunting standpoints. But in the most measurable terms, the Yingluck administration has been on a path towards dissolution since October 13, when Thaksin released his " revised " amnesty bill. That started an inexorable domino effect which has had far greater reprecussions than what most would have thought possible. And since December 9, the administration has been without legislative power. As this article points out, the country is presently in a totally unprecedented situation. A vacuum. But on top of that it is a true anomaly. Although this administration is frozen, they are imposing a state of emergency, and making continual appeals to strengthen their grip through the use of force and media restrictions. The administration is also at every turn resisting the wheels of the judicial process. Chalerm's latest gambit to apply pressure to the Civil Court to change their ruling is but the latest example. And that part is truly scary.

The truly scary part is that you believe that the verdict of the court is a reasonable verdict immune from criticism.

With all the current efforts to raise funds and manipulate the judicial system one might just find that the lady is going to end up politivcally hanging her family and their political cronies in the not too distant future.

75.png

Edited by siampolee

abhisit and suthep signed papers that directly led to the deaths of 80 odd civilians - Did you regard that as a crime against humanity, I think I can guess.

Please elaborate on your guess, and give a most prodigious list of reasons why you think that.

Infact as I stated countless times on here, I blame both parties for the 2010 tragedy. You can probably remember the red-shirt leader quoted off-stage saying that "deaths among our numbers can only further our cause" and this was around the time they refused the offered early elections, and a short while before the most serious shootings. My view was always that their protest of over two months was enough and they had made their point and should have gone home, this would have prevented further loss of life. The red-shirt leadership did not agree with my view, see above.

Re; violence in protests, there is more often than not more than meets the eye, hidden players and schemes at work. The basic problem is that street confrontation leads to injury and death, so you should avoid street confrontation. State issues are best resolved at state, by debate and consensus-forming.

In my opinion the lady in the OP is certainly guilty of crimes against humanity over the rice-pledging, no question about it. But also that such crimes have occured under other regimes here and only a stone-cold fool would tie his loyalty to either of the main parties here. They are both mired in corruption and have a history of oppressive acts.

SPECIAL REPORT

The Nation

30227371-01_big.gif

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-02-21

Who are the buffaloes in the background on the foreground ?

This is an example of Yingluck working?

Could explain a lot!

Its nothing to do with working really, just a posed photo.

No one plows a half grown paddy nor lets kwai into it, even if they are wearing orange shirts.

Anyway these things don't pull a plow they work in a wet paddy and pull what can be called a harrow as per :

post-12069-0-99520700-1392964404_thumb.j

SPECIAL REPORT

The Nation

30227371-01_big.gif

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-02-21

Lifted from the books of her brother..... Towards the end if his tenure, he stayed in a village for 24 hours with big brother style tv.

What's the scarf around her waist ? Louis Vutton ? ( silly me, LV too cheap, probably Hermes )

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Actually the "scarf" around her waist, as you probably already know, is a 'pakama' ผ้าขาวม้า a versatile piece of cloth worn in many parts of Thailand, particularly the N.E.

They come from Chez Roi Et fashion house and are useful for more than just around the waist.whistling.gif

Yingluck looks particularly lovely with her version. A must have for any wannabee farmer types.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=%E0%B8%9C%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=b60GU-CYCY7GrAfsnoDYAg&sqi=2&ved=0CCUQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=634

Admit it ratty, you would be outside her boudoir howling like a wolf if you could get past the security guards. clap2.gif

Please elaborate on your guess, and give a most prodigious list of reasons why you think that.

Infact as I stated countless times on here, I blame both parties for the 2010 tragedy. You can probably remember the red-shirt leader quoted off-stage saying that "deaths among our numbers can only further our cause" and this was around the time they refused the offered early elections, and a short while before the most serious shootings. My view was always that their protest of over two months was enough and they had made their point and should have gone home, this would have prevented further loss of life. The red-shirt leadership did not agree with my view, see above.

Re; violence in protests, there is more often than not more than meets the eye, hidden players and schemes at work. The basic problem is that street confrontation leads to injury and death, so you should avoid street confrontation. State issues are best resolved at state, by debate and consensus-forming.

In my opinion the lady in the OP is certainly guilty of crimes against humanity over the rice-pledging, no question about it. But also that such crimes have occured under other regimes here and only a stone-cold fool would tie his loyalty to either of the main parties here. They are both mired in corruption and have a history of oppressive acts.

Don't know about you Yunla, but I am sick and tired of hearing the same old anti Abhisit / Suthep garbage over and over and over......................................

Pretty obvious he is just trying to stir up some TV members and get an argument going. With any luck the tide will come in soon and he will crawl back under his rock.

• Like 1

Lets move the capital from Bangkok to Chiang mai

or to a big city in Isaan.Then we can talk again about the so called people revolution.

Thailand needs many reforms.

1. Social justice

2. Better education for the poor

3. Strong labour unions

4. Less power and corruption from the undemocratic ruling elites in Bangkok.

And many things more....

Tom

Lets move the capital from Bangkok to Chiang mai

or to a big city in Isaan.Then we can talk again about the so called people revolution.

Thailand needs many reforms.

1. Social justice

2. Better education for the poor

3. Strong labour unions

4. Less power and corruption from the undemocratic ruling elites in Bangkok.

And many things more....

Tom

Neither side really wants them educated, and neither side wants to do anything about #4 either. If you believe they do, explain the Shinawatra clan?

I am a optimist. I can see a evolution. Gone are the days of the ruling elites in bangkok. They try very hard but cannot win because the people specially in the north dont want to be servants anymore.

Next step was thaksin. Not really perfect but somehow necessary.

Next step is r e a l democracy without the old and new familys/clans who hold the power. More common people and grassroots

movements.

Please people, dont be so frustated and negative about everything.

This situation is a big chance from power for a few people to power for the mayority. Specially for the people in the north.

My last words: be the change you want to see - be good - do good

Mr. Tom (dont forget to laugh when its too serious)

• Like 1