Thai farmers to target Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

looks like brand new tractors, unlike agricultural machinery which is seen in the countryside.

somebody lend them to the farmers?

also it looks like there are several groups, each with a different objective. It seems somebody is playing politics, instead for the farmers to represent themselves.

those national flags on the tractors are worrying, a nationalist card is played too often in thai politics, always against interests of the majority

Yes, these farmers are just political pawns so that Suthep can say he did not blockade the airport. His mendacity is plain to see.

Some airlines are already by-passing Suvarnabhumi airport and others have cancelled flights because of lack of demand. Two things you can be assured of: 1. Following the yellow shirts' occupation of Swampi, foreign airlines have contingency plans in place; and 2. If the airport is blockaded there will be a sharp rise in the number of travellers cancelling their visits to Thailand and that will harm the economy of Bangkok more than anywhere else in the country.

• Like 1

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What Suthep has been very good at is convincing people that replacing the present inept government with an appointed unelected select group of unnamed people is somehow going to make things better.

I don't believe it will.

For one thing any such body is unlikely to be recognised by most foreign governments.

Things simply look as though they will progress from bad to worse.

I don't usually comment on political matters... I din't pretend to understand Thai politics at all.

However, the way the government appears to have cheated the farmers is deplorable. If it turns out that money that was owed to the farmers has been diverted in a corrupt manner then there will be hell to pay.

Steal from the rich and give to the poor has a nice ring to it. Stealing from the poor and giving to the rich not so good.

• Like 2

Re; the flags on the tractors, I think they look great. And they are very symbolic because farmers are the real Thailand, they are the oldest industry here, an industry which was until recently the envy of the world. These farmers are right to be patriotic and proud of this nation, and of their agrarian lives. This nation should be proud of itself, despite the corruption and lack of honest leadership. I salute the farmers and also their flag-bearing tractors. They have my eternal admiration and respect.

looks like brand new tractors, unlike agricultural machinery which is seen in the countryside.

also it looks like there are several groups, each with a different objective. It seems somebody is playing politics, instead for the farmers to represent themselves.

Did you even look at the picture properly before trying to get your Red spin going? coffee1.gif

If you enlarge the picture, the tractor in the front row on the far right has nearly bald tyres, all the rest have medium wear tyres and are covered in mud and dents.

Oh, don't tell me. It was staged by Suthep. :blink:

Oh yeah , and in the 8th row, the tractor on the right has a slight flat spot on its front near side tyre,, yawn!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Former Chart Thai Pattana Party MP Chada Thaiset, who represents Uthai Thani farmers, led some 15,000 farmers from Uthai Thani, Ayutthaya, Singburi and Ang Thong to Bangkok.

"I decided to lead the convoy because I feel sorry for the farmers and I am fed up with the government's lies about the payment, which never came," said Chada, whose party is a coalition partner of the Pheu Thai-led caretaker government.

smelling the wind, changing allegiance, from red to yellow via orange, ,,,feeling sorry for the farmers, or looking out for number one?

Looks like they all bought the same exact tracker and all seem to no be too concerned with the wear and tear they are putting on this critical piece of farm equipment.

If they can slog through a rice field, a drive down a paved road is a piece of cake!

60 billion withdrawn in 3 days - sounds like a big scary number until you check the GSB deposits in 2012 which were 1,680 billion.

So citizens against the bank's decision to support the government withdrew less than 4% of the total deposits.

Citizens who support the government's move deposited 30 million.

So for every baht of support (all 30 million of them) there's 2,000 baht of opposition (60 billion).

Conclusion: The bank isn't going to fail for this move but there's more money in opposition than support. Then again, if you don't pay the farmers for the rice they gave the government, how could they possibly put anything in the bank?

Yeah but they only have 200b liquidity. That's what you have to look at.

• Like 1

I have to admit, it looks impressive with all those tractors. The farmers mean business and I wish them well. Unless you've worked on a rice farm, you would never know just how hard a life it is, let alone worrying about payment after a hard seasons work. They were treated unfairly and enough is enough.

Yes it seems to me that the farmers have been treated unfairly, I agree with them making protests, the only thing is they should never hit out at the ordinary people going about their business and trying to earn their livelihood. Suthep and the protesters have caused untold inconvenience to ordinary people, as have the red shirts in 2010, and the yellow shirts at the airport.

Here is just one example, I was driving home from Bangkok yesterday, and saw the farmers heading towards Bangkok, they took up the three lanes on the highway stopping all other traffic from passing them. How much inconvenience is that causing innocent people? ie, people going to catch flights, people trying to earn a livelihood etc etc.

Can't all these protesters see what they are doing to innocent people? If I am walking down the street with my wife, minding our own business, and we are attacked and beaten up by a gang, do I form a gang and go and beat up an innocent man and his wife to protest at what people did to me? What is the difference between that and what the protesters are doing?

those national flags on the tractors are worrying, a nationalist card is played too often in thai politics, always against interests of the majority

What has tractors got to do with anything?! Unless you are into tractors and other Thailand farm vehicles which you seem to be. It's the people on those tractors that are important.

What!... Have you ever been to Thailand?.... Maybe they just cleaned their tractors before leaving for Bangkok, they certainly look like all the tractors I've seen here.

I hope they don't block the airports.

If they do, it will become a real serious issue.

Suthep, the mad man even did not try to block the airports because he knows how it can seriously hurt Thailand.

Yingluck is already a loser but maybe she still thinks that she can keep her position.

Everything went too far and uncontrollable. Yingluck has no choice but resign.

Khun Yingkuck, please do all of us a favor.

Do something good in the end.

Come Yingluck, resign now. It is over. You lost.

Suthep, obviously, is not mad, simply because he left the airports alone.

And Mrs Y will only resign if and when Mr T tells her to do so.

And that may be a long time, resigning means the demise of the clan.

• Like 2

These people will do in one day what Suthep has tried to do since December 4th.

Mostly poor and mostly uneducated but they know how to get a job done no question.

Why on earth do you and your mates love to say farmers are "uneducated" ???

I personally know many many farmers and their children, many NOT ALL of the parents have not finished secondary school, but their kids have and uni as well, some are doctors lawyers, teachers, gov workers and when harvest time comes many go too the farm and work, also many farmers have regular jobs and take time off for harvest, YOU profile people and YOU are wrong, do a quick Google search and you will find many intelligent and successful NON uni "uneducated" people out there, YOU are being IGNORENT and ELITIST...

• Like 1

Who is the majority to whom you refer? Certainly not PTP supporters, who are a minority. PTP got about 46% of the votes in the 2011 election, representing about 30% of the electorate.

I would have thought that after the last airport occupation and resulting economic damage, that the army would have permanently stationed alot of soldiers close by to block all access to the airport as well as to block all access to the expressway ramps and the airport rail link, only allowing normal people (not demonstrators of any side) to pass, ensuring that noone could block the airport itself nor block access to the airport.

Who is paying the fuel ?

Can buy a lot if seeds for the price of that

Cannot blaim them for protest thou

They got screwed many times

Let us hope for a decent honest gov.

A decent honest government??????? Is there any country on this planet who has a decent honest government? But, seriously, is there? I would think politicians are the same everywhere.

Please enlighten me. Genuine...

Some of the posts are saying that the farmers are not ordinary farmers who want to get paid. Are they some kind of 3rd party?

Are they secretly backing Yingluck because they have been paid Dubai dollars to stir trouble? Or are they anti-Yingluck because of the rice scam? If they are not from Isaan, presumably they will be anti-Yingluck?

Forgive my ignorance. I am neither a political animal nor a troll.

Eddy

Looks like the grass roots are about to bite the buffalo, the rice pledging scheme was doomed to failure from the beginning, too many snouts, not enough fodder.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app