Big Trees For Shade

Mine is about 15 years old and grown from seed.

Close up of the Hang nok yoong Thai or Mexican Bird of Paradise:

post-4641-1151207715_thumb.jpg

i have seen these before. looks nice. the flowers bloom very nicely and probably whole year round? 15 years is a long time. what other trees do you have grown where u live at?

I have an Orchid tree (its the tall one to the right of the mexican bird of paradise) and then on the left side (barely visible) is a 15 year old Frangipani. A huge beach almond on the beach (been here longer than I have) and a Causarina my sister-in-law planted. The thing is huge and grew at an obscenely fast rate (not a recommendation).

I've got a few sea Hibiscus. lots of coconuts :o and some betel nut trees.

I have an Orchid tree (its the tall one to the right of the mexican bird of paradise) and then on the left side (barely visible) is a 15 year old Frangipani. A huge beach almond on the beach (been here longer than I have) and a Causarina my sister-in-law planted. The thing is huge and grew at an obscenely fast rate (not a recommendation).

I've got a few sea Hibiscus. lots of coconuts :o and some betel nut trees.

any picture of u with your sea hibiscus? :D

i have quite a few trees now in my portfolio ! :D and so proud of them. there is also a siam daeng frangipani ... really beautiful. very small right now but hope it grows a bit faster. really a view the flowers. a bismarckia nobilis (thinking of getting another one), three small hang nok yoong farang, found small plants of Ta Bag (i think its jacaranda). two lipstick palms (the red tone is awesome), and a feww others. sorry to brag about it but i love looking at them grow.

Bismarck Palm, very nice!

Sea Hibiscus is usually a weed here but we live right on the edge of a creek which, in the rainy season, turns into a major flood zone, and in the big waves season turns into a saltwater inlet, so the sea hibiscus stay and have grown so much they are now taller than our house.

• 3 months later...