This half Thai / English needs desperate help - please - share and tell people about this

Blackandwhite

We are really surprised how far Tia's news has travelled and the generosity in people willing to help and no matter how far they are.

We plan to do large registration drives for people to register as a donor and also fun for children to come along and play.

Tia's story has been in the Bangkok post ? and we are also trying to organise drives over there. We are certain we can pull this off.

Tia's doing very well now and eating a lot like her mummy ? and she seems like a different little girl and a lot more confident. She knows how to do sawadee ka which is hello in Thai ?

Please keep inviting people and sharing the

Thank you all for your messages and support. Xx

1975204_262239730604906_326234214_n.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-159-1394036305997_thumb.jpg

Well Tia sure is a brave little one having a nice day with Peppa Pig

We have sent of my wife's sample for suitability testing today

Fingers crossed - took a fe seconds to do - a cotton wool bud rubbed inside the cheek - in the post

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1394036302.315957.jpg

Well Tia sure is a brave little one having a nice day with Peppa Pig

We have sent of my wife's sample for suitability testing today

Fingers crossed - took a fe seconds to do - a cotton wool bud rubbed inside the cheek - in the post

Like the shirt.

Like the smile even more.

Heartbreaking. Is there a twitter feed we can share?

I don't believe so. The parents are overwhelmed right now, and as of last night, Tia might be having a relapse.

I'm working on a website, why not start a Twitter feed yourself? Nick and Yuma Ought would appreciate it. So would Tia.

There is a Facebook page, though:

https://www.facebook...1836434?fref=ts

Wicked news today so guys - who can you tell today

Tia has maybe had a relapse - take a look at the face book page again

How many people have you told ?

Can you make make a difference ?

Please tell everyone

Yes you can make a difference - shout this story from the rooftops there is someone out there that could save Tia's life from being in so much pain

Please please - we are tested for suitability - please help her her sores are getting bad again

post-159-13940864924687_thumb.jpg

Wicked news today so guys - who can you tell today

Tia has maybe had a relapse - take a look at the face book page again

How many people have you told ?

Can you make make a difference ?

Please tell everyone

Yes you can make a difference - shout this story from the rooftops there is someone out there that could save Tia's life from being in so much pain

Please please - we are tested for suitability - please help her her sores are getting bad again

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1394086490.250622.jpg

It seems most folks really don't care, BlackandWhite.

But maybe some don't understand the urgency; if this is a relapse of mycobacterium malmoense, Tia could quickly succumb to it, and die. The huge doses of antibiotics aren't working well, and what you see happening on the outside, pales in comparison to what is happening to the precious baby on the inside. Lots and lots of pain.

I have repeatedly contacted the Thai Red Cross offering to set up donor drives, and work them myself with a few other volunteers from TV, if they, the Red Cross, will do the tests. They are the ONLY organization in LOS to do an HLA test.

Unfortunately, unlike every other donor registry (globally) I have contacted in the last ten days, the Thai Red Cross has failed to respond. Everyone else replied with answers and offers, always within 24 hours.

But not a peep from the Thai Red Cross.

Guess they don't care either.

But, they can't say no if you go there and insist on registering to be tested for an HLA match. It takes minutes out of your day, and one small blood draw. And they have ten centers, spread throughout Thailand.

And, why not email the people listed below, and ask them why they have not responded to inquiries on setting up donor drives all over Thailand? Such drives could not only save Tia's life, but many others, too.

Thai National Stem Cell Donor Registry (TSCDR) and Thai National Cord Blood Bank

National Blood Centre, Thai Red Cross Society

1871, 3rd Floor, Chalermprakiatbaromrachineenart

Henri-Dunant Road, Pathumwan

10330 Bangkok

Thailand

TEL: +66 (02) 255-4213

TEL: +66 (02) 263-9600 ext 1301

FAX: +66 (02) 255-5558

Soisaang Phikulsod, MD.

Director Email: [email protected]

TEL: +662-263-9600 ext 1800 Pawinee Kupatawintu, MSc

Registry Manager / Accounting Representative Email: [email protected]

Wiphawan Phamorn

Search Coordinator Email: [email protected]

post-160749-0-65062000-1394089022_thumb.

post-160749-0-43355400-1394089043_thumb.

post-160749-0-86018700-1394089055_thumb.

post-160749-0-34912200-1394089072_thumb.

post-160749-0-81069500-1394089125_thumb.

As with all things in Thailand, never expect a response from government departments.

Best go down and ask to speak with them. They are very good at organising blood drives, as has been seen in the past for kids and adults with rarer blood types in Thailand.

Come on people please share and help this - is testing that bad - no is it painful No

Is offering to save a potentially a life painful Hell no - it could change your for the better and for sure save hers.

Shame the post in not being heard - if it was about dowry's there would be lots of interest

Come on people show your good side -

Share -

get tested -

take some flyers out -

like the FB page -

tell five people today -

tell your friends girlfriends -

if you like bars - buy then girls a drink if they tell five other bars about this -

get in touch via FB and tell the family your thinking of them -

tell your local doctors about this and point them to the FB page

I can send you a PDF of the flyer - you could print them and take them out and about with you to give people

Please please help -

This child just looks at her sore on her legs and does not understand why she is in so much pain - come on please tell people

As with all things in Thailand, never expect a response from government departments.

Best go down and ask to speak with them. They are very good at organising blood drives, as has been seen in the past for kids and adults with rarer blood types in Thailand.

Well, I'm an eighteen hour drive, one way, but guess I'll have to make it to compensate for their lack of professional behavior. I expect this from other govt agencies, not from the Red Cross. It would have been nice to get some preliminary info and be prepared.

Well, I'm an eighteen hour drive, one way, but guess I'll have to make it to compensate for their lack of professional behavior. I expect this from other govt agencies, not from the Red Cross. It would have been nice to get some preliminary info and be prepared.

apologies, thought you were in Bangkok....

ps...let me try a thing or two as well.

Maybe they are in cahoots with the NSA. A few minutes after my exasperated post, I got an email! tongue.png.pagespeed.ce.JwCxzAWj6x.png

Not conclusive, but a step closer to setting up donor drives. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow.

Nonetheless, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so go for it, Samran, try what you will. Don't imagine it will hurt.

Edited by HeijoshinCool

My daughter is trying to organise some of her luk kreung friends to go to the Red Cross on Saturday or Sunday. I'll ring the Red Cross tomorrow to find out which building in Henri Dunant they have to go to, unless anyone can tell me now.

• Like 1

My daughter is trying to organise some of her luk kreung friends to go to the Red Cross on Saturday or Sunday. I'll ring the Red Cross tomorrow to find out which building in Henri Dunant they have to go to, unless anyone can tell me now.

Excellent!

I'll post the numbers in the a.m. Not what you see on their website.

Don't forget though, that while Eurasians might offer a better match, the exact match could come from anyone. So everyone should register and be tested, not just those of mixed heritage.

Had emailed myself with the Thai language links for quick comprehension. Got this response just now:

Dear .....

Thank you for your e-mail. I have forward this information to donor recruitment team at CC address.

Hope we can find donor for her soon.

With Regards,

Pawinee

Pawinee is being most helpful.

Now I am waiting for an email from the staff who attends donor drives. Hope that doesn't take another week. Not only do I need to get them involved in our drives, by registering donors and testing for a match, but I still don't know where all their offices are. I'm told there are ten branches, and I'd like a list to be able to refer folks, like Witawat above.

Now I am waiting for an email from the staff who attends donor drives. Hope that doesn't take another week. Not only do I need to get them involved in our drives, by registering donors and testing for a match, but I still don't know where all their offices are. I'm told there are ten branches, and I'd like a list to be able to refer folks, like Witawat above.

Got this email back this morning:

Dear.....

We're Public Relations and Donors Recruitment Officer.We got your e-mail already.

Natinoal Blood Centre try to knowledge and recruit donors for help many patients in Thailand.

In database we have about 150,000 persons who registed to donate Stem Cell for them.

We have the various media to PR our campaign.

http://www.stemcellthairedcross.com/intro.php

https://www.facebook.com/stemcellthairedcross.blood

And if you have a group of people want to donate blood and regist to type HLA for patients.

First, You should have to donate blood and regist to donate stem Cell at National Blood Centre, The Thai Red Cross Society.(Henri Dunant Rd.)

Registration Procedure

1. Donor Qualifications

- 18-50 years old

- Over 45 kilograms body weight

- Normal health, Having no chronic disease, No contagious disease, No risky behavior

2. Regist and sign consent to donate blood and stem cell at information counter before to donate blood. (1st floor)

3. Donate blood. (2nd floor)

If you match with a patient you will be contacted by the Natinoal Blood Centre for another blood sample to confirm the match and a counselling session will be conducted to assess if you are suitable and willing to proceed to a possible stem cell donation.

Office hours.

Mon-Fri 08.30-16.00

Sat-Sun 08.30-15.00

Thank you for your kindness.

Best Regards,

Sorracha or Kewalin.

(Public Relations Officer)

--

ฝ่ายประชาสัมพันธ์และจัดหาผู้บริจาคโลหิต

ศูนย์บริการโลหิตแห่งชาติ สภากาชาดไทย

ถนนอังรีดูนังต์ ปทุมวัน กทม. 10330

โทรศัพท์ 0 2263 9600 ต่อ 1770, 1771 ตรง 0 2252 1637

โทรสาร 0 2252 1601

www.blooddonationthai.com

Public Relations and Donor Recruitment Section

National Blood Centre, Thai Red Cross Society.

Henri Dunant Rd. Bangkok 10330,Thailand.

Tel. 0 2263 9600 ext. 1770, 1771 , 0 2252 1637

Got this email back this morning:

Dear.....

We're Public Relations and Donors Recruitment Officer.We got your e-mail already.

Natinoal Blood Centre try to knowledge and recruit donors for help many patients in Thailand.

In database we have about 150,000 persons who registed to donate Stem Cell for them.

And if you have a group of people want to donate blood and regist to type HLA for patients.

First, You should have to donate blood and regist to donate stem Cell at National Blood Centre, The Thai Red Cross Society.(Henri Dunant Rd.)

Registration Procedure

1. Donor Qualifications

- 18-50 years old

- Over 45 kilograms body weight

- Normal health, Having no chronic disease, No contagious disease, No risky behavior

2. Regist and sign consent to donate blood and stem cell at information counter before to donate blood. (1st floor)

3. Donate blood. (2nd floor)

If you match with a patient you will be contacted by the Natinoal Blood Centre for another blood sample to confirm the match and a counselling session will be conducted to assess if you are suitable and willing to proceed to a possible stem cell donation.

Office hours.

Mon-Fri 08.30-16.00

Sat-Sun 08.30-15.00

Thank you for your kindness.

Best Regards,

Sorracha or Kewalin.

(Public Relations Officer)

--

ฝ่ายประชาสัมพันธ์และจัดหาผู้บริจาคโลหิต

ศูนย์บริการโลหิตแห่งชาติ สภากาชาดไทย

ถนนอังรีดูนังต์ ปทุมวัน กทม. 10330

โทรศัพท์ 0 2263 9600 ต่อ 1770, 1771 ตรง 0 2252 1637

โทรสาร 0 2252 1601

www.blooddonationthai.com

Public Relations and Donor Recruitment Section

National Blood Centre, Thai Red Cross Society.

Henri Dunant Rd. Bangkok 10330,Thailand.

Tel. 0 2263 9600 ext. 1770, 1771 , 0 2252 1637

Me, too. My email was two sentences and very clear.

"We are a group organizing drives for HLA matching, and would like your staff to take the blood samples from hundreds of potential donors.

How can we work together?"

They want me to donate first? Can't. Too old.

I just wrote back, explaining again what I'm looking for; to work HLA donor drives together throughout Thailand.

I also asked for a phone number.

BTW, their email to me did not have this part:

Updated information:

The Thai Red Cross is the only manner to donate stem cells in Thailand.

They have branch offices all over Thailand, but only the Bangkok office tests for HLA match for stem cell donations. This obviously greatly reduces the number of potential donors who will be able to be tested. I have folks in Song Kla who want to be tested, as well as Chiang Mai. I doubt many will make a special trip to Bangkok.

The Red Cross does have one mobile unit, for stem cell donor drives. It stays in Bangkok. It will go to different venues. My contact at the Red Cross is going to email me their upcoming schedule. Guess we are going to have to get all ten million folks in BKK tested.

Here's a map of where the Red Cross is to get tested for stem cell donation:

post-160749-0-87085300-1394178876_thumb.

Updated information:

They have branch offices all over Thailand, but only the Bangkok office tests for HLA match for stem cell donations. This obviously greatly reduces the number of potential donors who will be able to be tested. I have folks in Song Kla who want to be tested, as well as Chiang Mai. I doubt many will make a special trip to Bangkok.

The Red Cross does have one mobile unit, for stem cell donor drives. It stays in Bangkok. It will go to different venues. My contact at the Red Cross is going to email me their upcoming schedule. Guess we are going to have to get all ten million folks in BKK tested.

Indeed, I just spoke to them too.

They told me pretty much the same thing, and their mobile collection team (a total of 2 people) already is already fully booked with other collection points.

In BKK the central Red Cross centre can take up to 1000 tests a day.

Updated information:

Indeed, I just spoke to them too.

They told me pretty much the same thing, and their mobile collection team (a total of 2 people) already is already fully booked with other collection points.

In BKK the central Red Cross centre can take up to 1000 tests a day.

I'm at a loss. All the people from Tia's mom's neck of the woods; Pattaya, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen …. westerners and their spouses and kids would have added up quickly.

I asked if we were to have a list of 500-1000 people who wanted to get tested in, say, Pattaya, would they go there?

No.

Maybe she didn't understand me.

They only can get out once a week and their schedule is booked up a year in advance in terms of places they are going (in Bangkok) to collect samples. So they are stretched. Might be better if funds are used to organise a minivan to bring people to Bangkok.

If people can get to the mobile collection points then they can help there.

In don't sense a lack of willingness to help, but certainly a lack of resources.

Edited by samran

Would love to join you all but I am here in the Uk - if funds are needed to pay for a mini bus I am happy to contribute to help with cost if people think this would help let me know

I agree with Samran. Not a lack of willingness, just a lack of ability.

Maybe what we need to do is start a new thread, locale specific, that is actually a "sign-up sheet." TV members and their family/friends in, say, Pattaya, agree to meet on a certain date in Pattaya, take a chartered bus to BKK to get tested.

The woman at the Red Cross I spoke with today said they could run a 1000 tests/registrations per day, seven days a week.