Bought 8 rai in Prachiniburi

chaiyapoon

Hi, to all on the farming forum.

Just completed the purchase of eight rai of what was rice land in Prachinbri.It is about 10kms out of Prachin itself towards the Khao Yai hills in the distance.

Plot was in the area of last years floods so hoping that won't happen again any time soon.

Had the plot cleared of scrub and turned over as a start today.The local land agent recommended a local contractor to do the job for 3000b.

Will try to upload some pictures of the local land and the plot.post-2215-0-36405300-1392995062_thumb.jppost-2215-0-63720700-1392995176_thumb.jppost-2215-0-51568900-1392995306_thumb.jppost-2215-0-08115600-1392995433_thumb.jppost-2215-0-61785200-1392995769_thumb.jppost-2215-0-89377100-1392995923_thumb.jp

• Like 2

We are in an area that grows some fruit and rice but most small farmers seem to be growing nursery stock for landscaping contractors

mostly hedging and ornimentals.There is a road nearby which is lined with nurseries selling a huge range of shrubs and trees some 3mtrs+.

Contractors pull up select plants and thai style massively overload their pickups.I've met two farangs whose wives are heavily involved in this business and seem to be doing well.Will post some more pictures later today.

Already plan to raise some of the plot 1.5 meters at least for a house and garden in the future.

Cost was 1,080,000b.Neighbours say the water was over the road level for weeks due the flooding and a dam breaking.Normally nothing like that.I will watch what happens this year and plan for the worst.

Girlfriends father who is 76 and hasn't farmed for over 20 years wants to grow a rice crop as soon as he can on part of the land. We accepted his offer and had the land prepared for use.Further breaking down of the soil will happen after more rain.It appears nothing has been grown on the plot for 18 months.

I hope that was for the chanote title. Seems quite expensive for low land rice fields but prices seem to be skyrocketing lately.

I have found many plots that were around 50k baht a rai and even less for rice fields but I don't mind my properties being further away from main roads.

For those prices, you really don't want to grow rice, you would need about 20 years to get the investment back.

How close to the mountains is it and the road lined with tree growers...is it the one that cuts between the dam and the entrance to the National Park ?...kinda runs along the mountain side, but not right up against it if you know what I mean.

Was the 1 mill per rai or for the lot ?

Depending where exactly and title, it might be cheap in fact.

We sold a river front block 2 years ago further west along the mountain range for circa 700k per rai.

Land looks beautiful. Reasonable price for chanote but still expensive for using it for farm land. It will take a long time to earn it back if it is an investment in a farming business, but If it is just for your home and to have some land to play with, then awesome deal. Good luck. I would love to see pictures of your first crops and how you decide to utilize it. I personally would make 1-2 rai for fish, 1 rai for house, 1 rai for vegetable garden, the rest for trees.

I am now kicking myself for not buying a plot that was 12 rai for 600k with Chanote 2 years ago.

Showbags, People who pay 1mil per rai are not using it for farming.

• Like 2

Land looks beautiful. Reasonable price for chanote but still expensive for using it for farm land. It will take a long time to earn it back if it is an investment in a farming business, but If it is just for your home and to have some land to play with, then awesome deal. Good luck. I would love to see pictures of your first crops and how you decide to utilize it. I personally would make 1-2 rai for fish, 1 rai for house, 1 rai for vegetable garden, the rest for trees.

I am now kicking myself for not buying a plot that was 12 rai for 600k with Chanote 2 years ago.

Showbags, People who pay 1mil per rai are not using it for farming.

I paid 500k/rai for farming land.

Not sure I would invest in farming as such at the moment but the problem is people in Bangkokare buying up a lot of land mostly for crop sharing in sugar cane.

I was told this by an old thai couple who are realy into land investment developement..My girlfriend worked for them in her teens when they were just getting started and when we visited them recently they had just moved into a newly built mansion.Three new cars/pickups and loads of properties they have done well all be it rather late in life.They say the good times are over and its difficult to buy land at a decent price as most land doubled in value in the last two years.Certainly the price some sellers were looking for were crazy for what was on offer many without chanote.

• Like 1

There's still good deals out there but yes land prices have shot up over the past couple of years . Our last purchase of 10 Rai for 8 /9 year old rubber trees last week was for 900,000 baht and our other 25 Rai of Rubber trees with 500 meters of road frontage was 2,000,000 , I've seen prices double that throughout Thailand for similar plots . Ive been looking for land down Cha am way now for a while , still waiting for the right one to come up, might be a while. As for farming blocks we've picked them up for as little as 10,000 a Rai and 22,000 a Rai for rice paddies . Just to give you and idea whats out there for the taking.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

There's still good deals out there but yes land prices have shot up over the past couple of years . Our last purchase of 10 Rai for 8 /9

year old rubber trees last week was for 900,000 baht and our other 25 Rai of Rubber trees with 500 meters of road frontage was 2,000,000 , I've seen prices double that throughout Thailand for similar plots . Ive been looking for land down Cha am way now for a while , still waiting for the right one to come up, might be a while. As for farming blocks we've picked them up for as little as 10,000 a Rai and 22,000 a Rai for rice paddies . Just to give you and idea whats out there for the taking.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree, there are good deals, last year (June) I bought 2 rai of land around Lad Yao (Nakhon Sawan) for only 25k per rai. The land is mainly used for tree and cassava. I have plan to buy or lease more 8 rai from the same landlord and plant 10 rai of rubber tree in the next year to start.

Lan Sak has lot of plots, and good climate, but most without canote, also it is near to the border with Burma.