Bangkok: White-shirt group calls for peace and quick election

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that many had overlooked in this attempt to overthrow PM Yingluck government, is the fact that she is a female PM in a male dominated society, were women do not have many of the same rights their counterpart have in other countries.

The attack on a woman's right to be a elected leader of her country, coupled with the attack on the unwashed masses of the north is clearly the corner stone of the Suthep fascist movement!

Cheers

You do post some crap. smile.png

Still, if it keeps you off the streets.........

• Like 1

I think that many had overlooked in this attempt to overthrow PM Yingluck government, is the fact that she is a female PM in a male dominated society, were women do not have many of the same rights their counterpart have in other countries.

The attack on a woman's right to be a elected leader of her country, coupled with the attack on the unwashed masses of the north is clearly the corner stone of the Suthep fascist movement!

Cheers

You do post some crap. smile.png

Still, if it keeps you off the streets.........

I agree with kikoman... in fact I find it blatantly obvious that this is the case. We need a fly on Suthep's wall, but I'd reckon he bears farmers and woman with equal chagrin.

"Abhisit calling her "stupid bitch" (that Red old ugly "leader")......

Agree with him..... coffee1.gif

"The protest leaders need to go to jail, an election should be held with international monitors"

Who's gonna bother for that ? whistling.gif

"The majority political party indicated by the election results, to set up a reform committee to cleans Thailand of all the forms of corruption"

Waste of time ! = Money talk... Red corrupt dictator will rule again....

"Please tell me. Who is behind the white-shirts, or do you believe the team to be genuinely and fundamentally free of corruption?"

AMEN...

"I think that many had overlooked in this attempt to overthrow PM Yingluck government, is the fact that she is a female PM in a male dominated society, were women do not have many of the same rights their counterpart have in other countries."

BULLSHIT !! She never ever had to become PM since she was never ever involved in politics! She thought she was gonna be a Hollywood star... So no whining here !

"People want to overthrow Poo because she's incompetent, leads a corrupt and ineffectual government and is a puppet for her murdering fugitive brother"

another AMEN... thumbsup.gif

"The activist said she was dismayed by discriminatory remarks by some protest leaders against the caretaker prime minister.

She said as a woman,YL could be criticized for poor performance but not she’s a woman."

Well well well... another female weak wanabe who doesnt seem to know (or not WANT to know) how BAD the Shinas clan is, inclusive YL !

she also said .... "she thought the caretaker premier should getsome appropriate treatment" .... hmmmmm .... as in "psychiatric" ?

• Like 2

"The protest leaders need to go to jail, an election should be held with international monitors"

"The majority political party indicated by the election results, to set up a reform committee to cleans Thailand of all the forms of corruption"

"Please tell me. Who is behind the white-shirts, or do you believe the team to be genuinely and fundamentally free of corruption?"

AMEN...

"I think that many had overlooked in this attempt to overthrow PM Yingluck government, is the fact that she is a female PM in a male dominated society, were women do not have many of the same rights their counterpart have in other countries."

BULLSHIT !! She never ever had to become PM since she was never ever involved in politics! She thought she was gonna be a Hollywood star... So no whining here !

"People want to overthrow Poo because she's incompetent, leads a corrupt and ineffectual government and is a puppet for her murdering fugitive brother"

huh... blink.png

AMEN...

Another poster who doesn't recognise that she's the first pm in 30 years that's tried for consensus politics. And its been sabotaged by the democrats who only want confrontation.

Be blind. I don't need the ignorant to annoy me.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

The white shirts have got it totally right, with their middle-ground democratic stance and their refusal to trust either of these extremist groups. We need more people to stand out and say they want new major parties in the centre led by people who represent Thailand the nation, not individual persons or groups. Both major parties are like leering gargoyles, they are unapproachable and remote and gruesome to behold. People who distance themselves from both parties are moving in the direction of progress and autonomy from the sickly gangsterism that we are used to seeing.

Most definitely not middle ground with her support of Yingluk and the elections.

Having a support base of 100 people shows what most people think of them.

Another poster who doesn't recognise that she's the first pm in 30 years that's tried for consensus politics. And its been sabotaged by the democrats who only want confrontation.

Consensus? Like the amnesty bill?

• Like 1

If the anti government protesters succeeded in removing the current government, the north is acting the same way with no vote and start protesting again. Will there ever going to be an end to this? Everybody needs to take a step backward. Nobody wins everything. Take it a step at a time. You cannot change black to white in one day like you're waving your magic wand.

Unfortunately, Thais cannot do that..we all know this......once a fight starts, they all go in, hand and fist, until a conclusion.....they would never sit back and say..."ok...let's shake and make up".....never happen.

The revenge factor is worse...!.

With the very powerful people involved now...large amounts of money....lots of face to the winners.....it ain't gonna stop yet!

AMEN...

Get your facts together mate ! She didnt try ANYTHING ! She only had to follow orders sent from Dubai !

The white shirts have got it totally right, with their middle-ground democratic stance and their refusal to trust either of these extremist groups. We need more people to stand out and say they want new major parties in the centre led by people who represent Thailand the nation, not individual persons or groups. Both major parties are like leering gargoyles, they are unapproachable and remote and gruesome to behold. People who distance themselves from both parties are moving in the direction of progress and autonomy from the sickly gangsterism that we are used to seeing.

Most definitely not middle ground with her support of Yingluk and the elections.

Actually i think they are very brave but in this atmosphere how many are willing to stick their heads above the parapet for what they believe?

She supports the electoral system, not Yingluck. White shirts support the office of elected prime minister.

Regarding your rather cavalier statement about 100 people, what you might like to consider are the many millions of Thais who are completely sick of the red/yellow boxing match every couple of years. Absolutely loads of Thais want new moderate progressive parties and a new direction. The people in the white shirts are just the ones representing that huge group of people, the difference is that the white shirts have the courage and conviction to go out there on the street and risk violence and hatred from red/yellow and ignorant foreign pundits too.

The only reasons both red and yellow enjoy a stranglehold on the political sphere is because they have enormously wealthy backers and also they are willing to resort to violent brigandage tactics. Normal mainstream parties don't have the same mafia-money behind them and they don't want to get involved in pointless bloodshed. This kind of marginalisation of moderate parties and voters is only possible in countries where law-and-order is utterly feeble. In corrupt nations you have the right to vote for whichever group of gangsters has the most violent goons, because they are the only ones who don't get stifled.

• Like 1

LOL red apologists are just amusing.

People want to overthrow Poo because she's incompetent, leads a corrupt and ineffectual government and is a puppet for her murdering fugitive brother. It's not because she has a vagina. rolleyes.gif

It would be most remarkable if she didn't have one.

What has that got to do with anything anyway? When she was elected the world media cheered her on for "empowering women across Asia" etc. her being the first female PM here was seen as a great PR boost to Thailand, a symbol of progressive politics. So if anything we are judging her despite her gender, not because of it, as it was originally touted as a major positive factor.

With all due respect Yunla, since your posts are always most reasonable, but I believe the world 'cheering' was more due to the novelty factor.

Yingluck Shinawatra had never sacrificed anything of her life to be the P.M.

She was parachuted into the position by her brother's orders. Her looks are her greatest asset since her oratorical skills leave much to be desired.

Other female Asian politicians have fought harder IMHO. Aung San Suu Kyii stands head and shoulders above the rest, but Indira Gandhi, Megawati Sukarnoputri, Benazir Bhutto, Aquino and Arroyo among whom Yingluck Shinawatra stands small in the shadows.

It was a PR boost as you say, but the icing on the cake is only covering and in Yingluck's case, the cake has few ingredients. Her being dubbed as a puppet P.M. did nothing for her symbolism as a progressive politician,merely a cute one.wai.gif

• Like 2

With all due respect Yunla, since your posts are always most reasonable, but I believe the world 'cheering' was more due to the novelty factor.

She was parachuted into the position by her brother's orders. Her looks are her greatest asset since her oratorical skills leave much to be desired.

Other female Asian politicians have fought harder IMHO. Aung San Suu Kyii stands head and shoulders above the rest, but Indira Gandhi, Megawati Sukarnoputri, Benazir Bhutto, Aquino and Arroyo among whom Yingluck Shinawatra stands small in the shadows.

It was a PR boost as you say, but the icing on the cake is only covering and in Yingluck's case, the cake has few ingredients. Her being dubbed as a puppet P.M. did nothing for her symbolism as a progressive politician,merely a cute one.wai.gif

Yes I certainly didn't cheer her arrival, lol. I had to be tranquilizer-darted when she won the election. She's a floppy sock-puppet on the outside of a big iron crushing gauntlet. But what I said was the world media did cheer, there were articles in all the colour mags about "a new dawn for women in Asia" which of course is ridiculous - Yingluck doesn't symbolise female empowerment, she is the submissive slave of a towering arch-dominator male with a chronic martyrdom complex. If anything she is setting the women's movement back a hundred years by slavishly obeying the orders of a mass-murdering psychotic male.

By which I am saying I agree wiv yoo~*

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 2

Do they really think that elections will mean that the protesters will go home? Where have they been for the last 4 months?

The protest leaders need to go to jail, an election should be held with international monitors, to assure a free, open and transparent election, the military need to guard the polling places to assure all Thai's can participate and exercise their right to vote, as per their constitutional rights.

The majority political party indicated by the election results, to set up a reform committee to cleans Thailand of all the forms of corruption that has been practiced in Thailand for hundreds of years!, not only political corruption, all forms of corruption!

Cheers!

well you have to agree everyone whose done damage gets the same court treatment..isnt that right noy just the ones you choose,we dont want to be undemocratic now do we..wai2.gif

If anyone doubts who these 'white-shirts' really are, just search 'white-shirt' Bangokians call for end to PDRC protest or UDD rebrands, urges faithful to don white. Two articles from the unmentionable newspaper dated 14 and 17 January 2014 will explain exactly how middle-ground this group really is.

From what I gather from this so-called "white shirt" movement, it seems they merely put their shirts in the washing machine for too long, at too high temperature, and with too much bleach added, so the red color washed out.

Looking at their rhetoric, I see nothing that would lead me to deduct they're pursuing a "middle way".

• Like 1

Yes I certainly didn't cheer her arrival, lol. I had to be tranquilizer-darted when she won the election. She's a floppy sock-puppet on the outside of a big iron crushing gauntlet. But what I said was the world media did cheer, there were articles in all the colour mags about "a new dawn for women in Asia" which of course is ridiculous - Yingluck doesn't symbolise female empowerment, she is the submissive slave of a towering arch-dominator male with a chronic martyrdom complex. If anything she is setting the women's movement back a hundred years by slavishly obeying the orders of a mass-murdering psychotic male.

By which I am saying I agree wiv yoo~*

coffee1.gif

AMEN !!!! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Please tell me. Who is behind the white-shirts, or do you believe the team to be genuinely and fundamentally free of corruption?

White is not always whiter than white, especially when cream. wink.png

They already stated a month ago that they do not support PTP or the Dems. The gave reasons, which chimed with my own views. They don't have a stake in lying about it either. They just want the bloodshed to stop, which both sides are causing by their mywayorthehighwayisms.

Like anything increasingly if it opposes or disagrees with the PDRC mad scheme then it gets tagged as red red red. Getting sick of the mantra that if your not with us you are and must be all in league against us.

Your post is a perfect example. Why cant there just be people who want free elections and a right to choose that are neither pro yellow or pro red.. there was another 50 or so parties running last time.. <deleted> do you think they are all one or the others colour proxy too ?

• Like 2

Election right now is the last thing that will bring an end to the dispute. Realistically, that won't happen until Missy has resigned, Suthep has gone or retired, and people can begin to talk constructively.

That ain't gonna be any time soon, methinks.

I think expressions like "missy" are similar to the ones being objected to by (most) people who have been brought up in 1st world, developed countries... (like some people on this board.), they are sexist, condescending and patronizing, use these words in the workplace in said 1st world countries, and you'd (a male) be out on your ar$e... Pat. Don't get me wrong, I'm a bloke, but I'm smart enough to realize that chicks can run businesses, and even countries...

You must be from that island in the north atlantic / north sea, the once Great Britian where freedom of speech is not allowed.

• Like 1

an injection of a 'Middle Way' is in dire need - if this movement can bring peace and new ideas I'm all for it thumbsup.gif

"This movement" ... you mean the red shirts that have changed to white shirts?

With us or against us right?. Why couldn't there be a group unaffiliated to the either of these groups.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It is a good idea if someone will do a peace talk to end the crisis. But the reality seems different. Yingluck wants to stay in power but Suthep wants to kick her and the Shinawatra clan out permanently from Thai politics. There is no solution until one of them gives up.

Many people agree that Yingluck did poor jobs from the major flood to the current rice issue.

She wanted to become more popular among the farmers but created huge damages instead.

If a person who can't make correct judgement on important issues. this person should not work as PM.

The poll shows that more people want Yingluck to resign. It is up to her to accept the reality and end the crisis by stepping down.

I am not supporting the anti-government groups. I am not supporting the pro-government groups either.

But I want to support the idea that someone will do a peace talk to end the crisis. Who can do it?

Election right now is the last thing that will bring an end to the dispute. Realistically, that won't happen until Missy has resigned, Suthep has gone or retired, and people can begin to talk constructively.

That ain't gonna be any time soon, methinks.

I think expressions like "missy" are similar to the ones being objected to by (most) people who have been brought up in 1st world, developed countries... (like some people on this board.), they are sexist, condescending and patronizing, use these words in the workplace in said 1st world countries, and you'd (a male) be out on your ar$e... Pat. Don't get me wrong, I'm a bloke, but I'm smart enough to realize that chicks can run businesses, and even countries...

You must be from that island in the north atlantic / north sea, the once Great Britian where freedom of speech is not allowed.

If he said something like that in Islamic State of Englandistan , they'd issue a fatwah on him. xph34r.png.pagespeed.ic.GOH20nhrx_.png

• Like 1

It is sick the sexist diatribe that has been coming from the stage at times... keeping it political and focused on failings in the job only has been a major problem for a lot, including here.

That is why ive said this protest has been violent from the beginning, violence is not just physical.

White Shirt=Red Shirt, or the same shxx