Scooter / big bike different treated by other road users

robblok

Be careful!

Some might 'take offense'.

Roblok's even graduated to the 'you're stupid' line of debate.

if someone will get offended, lets be it.

scooters are compromised and technically inferior to big bikes and anyone says opposite does not know anything about bikes. they are cheap too.

that is why they are treated as low life on the roads by bigger vehicles.

still, it does not mean they cannot go to 7/11 or talat kao or they can be rented for a day during a holiday if needed.

Not going to argue that case as its a truth that they are inferior to big bikes technically. But putting the users down as faggots in a none jokingly matter is an other thing.

I love my scooter for going to markets and 711's for other use i take the big bike.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't understand the : ) means?

Eh!? Repeat that in English please!

And Wantan, you don't even ride!

Either you are joking and really don't understand it, or you really don't understand it, in your case i go for the latter.

Look at the post of II2 its full of : ) and those mean the post is said in a jokingly fashion. That is to make things clear in posts.

So you saying that i might take offence is crazy as he was joking around.

Totally different from your post and your sentiment in general about scooters and many other things and then later claiming it to be a joke. To avoid stuff like that when one is not funny or not sure if others think its funny you can use smiles (example smile.pngbiggrin.pngtongue.pngcheesy.gifw00t.gif )

Just read up on internet etiquette you might learn something.

• Like 1

I mean I don't understand your English in the quoted sentence. As with much of what you write, I'm left scratching my head but TV frowns on grammar Nazis.

A lot of time I have to guess what you're saying but if you're not a native speaker, no worries.

And you didn't see the smilie in my post? Strange!

Gentleman Gentleman PLEASE

NOw all take a deep breath, I ride a new Filano and love it back home I ride a great Triumph 650 and love them both NOW both have just 2 wheels some would say those who ride big bikes loud thumping sounds comming from big chrome pipes have small dicks hence the big bike and those who ride scooters well that has yet to be confirmed.

BUT i love my little bike darting in and out of traffic problem easy on gas it suits me ........but I miss my bonnie...... so we all ride bikes some bigger than others for all sorts of reasons...

SO lets all relax enjoy some friendly big bikes VS scooters and have a laugh.

Damn will have get of this site only so much red left.

Totally different from your post and your sentiment in general about scooters and many other things and then later claiming it to be a joke. To avoid stuff like that when one is not funny or not sure if others think its funny you can smilies

OMG! You really are quite pathetic. "Ahh, he didn't use smilies. I'm so offended!"

You don't like my opinions, well tough shit. I thought the other guy was a nancy drama queen but you're in a different league.

I think I'll make it my purpose in life to offend you as much as possible.

You like internet acronyms? Here's a good one for you- 'FOAD!'

If you're going to reply, please use clear English, thanks.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Totally different from your post and your sentiment in general about scooters and many other things and then later claiming it to be a joke. To avoid stuff like that when one is not funny or not sure if others think its funny you can smilies

OMG! You really are quite pathetic. "Ahh, he didn't use smilies. I'm so offended!"

You don't like my opinions, well tough shit. I thought the other guy was a nancy drama queen but you're in a different league.

I tried to explain but you just dont see it, the : ) see the characters is also a smile.

You did not use any and people thought and I still do that you were dead serious. But add one : ) or a biggrin.png and everyone sees it as a joke.

You were not doing yourself any favors with later explaining why it was not B.s making it all the more credible that you really believe it. Combined with your other remarks on scooter riders it seems you were dead serious about it.

If you make it your lives work to offend me.. be my guest, im not easily offended at all so please up your post-count. I do however stick up for my opinion.

No need to get rude and vulgar, but I can understand that people of low class as yourself love to curse with their tough guy image. FOAD is not exactly polite, but it is kinda expected from your kind. Bet you were some kind of chav back home.

• Like 1

I think that riders of big bikes have a certain balls-out aura. An 'I'll punch off your wing mirror if you <deleted> with me' thing going on. Even the BIB sometimes don't mess with them. After all, it takes a fair bit of confidence and physicality to ride one of these beasts through traffic or blasting down the highway. wai.gif

Scooter riders on the on the hand are little fairy gaylords. giggle.gif

We all know why you own your bike whistling.gif

AH well lets see strength and confidence to ride a big bike....I never see much confidence when the big bikes are in traffic ! ! they lay back like wet bus tickets and for the open road well what skill does it takes to ride in a straight line ! ! ! as for scooters riders being little fairy gaylords one can only assume you know a lot about fairy gaylords ....you sweet thing you xoxoxo

• Like 1

I'm just wondering how old you are..not being smartarse, just wondering..maybe you'll tell, maybe not but my guess is with all your bravado and retorts to something that you, yourself created, and a few other pointers that you are 25-30 yo..Yes? No?wai.gif

AH well lets see strength and confidence to ride a big bike....I never see much confidence when the big bikes are in traffic ! ! they lay back like wet bus tickets

Really? All of them? You obviously haven't seen the guys I ride with.

and for the open road well what skill does it takes to ride in a straight line ! ! !

Of course, of course! As we all know, the open road and highways in LOS only consist of straight lines. Especially around Kanchanaburi/Sisawat, Khao Yai, Nan, Loei etc. Jesus! You really are a sandwich short of a picnic. Or just someone, like Wantan, who never rides, especially outside BKK.

as for scooters riders being little fairy gaylords one can only assume you know a lot about fairy gaylords ....you sweet thing you xoxoxo

You really shouldn't assume. But by the looks of things and judging by some OTT reactions here, they're a few Gaylord's on this thread. A case of 'The lady doth protest too much, methinks'.

And Andre, probably best to put the Psychology pocketbook away. You have no clue what you're on about.

Edited by H1w4yR1da

AH well lets see strength and confidence to ride a big bike....I never see much confidence when the big bikes are in traffic ! ! they lay back like wet bus tickets

Really? All of them? You obviously haven't seen the guys I ride with.

and for the open road well what skill does it takes to ride in a straight line ! ! !

Of course, of course! As we all know, the open road and highways in LOS only consist of straight lines. Especially around Kanchanaburi/Sisawat, Khao Yai, Nan, Loei etc. Jesus! You really are a sandwich short of a picnic. Or just someone, like Wantan, who never rides, especially outside BKK.

as for scooters riders being little fairy gaylords one can only assume you know a lot about fairy gaylords ....you sweet thing you xoxoxo

You really shouldn't assume. But by the looks of things and judging by some OTT reactions here, they're a few Gaylord's on this thread. A case of 'The lady doth protest too much, methinks'.

And Andre, probably best to put the Psychology pocketbook away. You have no clue what you're on about.

OK i was wrong ish..so that makes you an either a younger immature wannabee with little idea of anything in general or an older immature poseuer playing tough guy..as i said earlier..either way you are a failure..poor guy.. and,hey riding a bigger bike don;t make you a bigger man..as is very evident with you..

Edited by andreandre

Yes, I wish I was as mature and successful as you kind self. Carry on with the flames. Water off a druck's back.

The more I see of your posts, it's so obvious you've decided to troll the bike forum. As with other posters before, it turned out they were wannabe bikers with no ability, skill or desire when it came to riding. As with many of the guys I met at Ducati, they were also Starbucks riders.

And as I said in an earlier post, if putting 6500 klms on a 1000cc gsxr to places like Khao Yai, Petchabun, Buriram etc in the couple of months I've had it makes me a poseur, then we have a different understanding of the word.

But you carry on bitching. I'll just carry on riding.

There's an old Latin saying that was popular in WWII which in English goes something like 'Don't let the bastards grind you down'. And as evidenced by the trolls on this thread, there sure are a lot of bastards out there.

Yes, I wish I was as mature and successful as you kind self. Carry on with the flames. Water off a druck's back.

The more I see of your posts, it's so obvious you've decided to troll the bike forum. As with other posters before, it turned out they were wannabe bikers with no ability, skill or desire when it came to riding. As with many of the guys I met at Ducati, they were also Starbucks riders.

And as I said in an earlier post, if putting 6500 klms on a 1000cc gsxr to places like Khao Yai, Petchabun, Buriram etc in the couple of months I've had it makes me a poseur, then we have a different understanding of the word.

But you carry on bitching. I'll just carry on riding.

There's an old Latin saying that was popular in WWII which in English goes something like 'Don't let the bastards grind you down'. And as evidenced by the trolls on this thread, there sure are a lot of bastards out there.

Point is ,why i enquired about your age..i wager that i had owned more big bikes and ridden thousands of ks more than you could ever dream of whilst you were still riding a tricycle with crap filled nappies on...

Choose your words carefully kid..coffee1.gif

Ok..er..pops!

You THAT old?

Oh yeh...you better believe it..

Point is, i'm far from trolling , i'm the real deal and have been for more years than most..i just don't feel the need to post on an open forum about how tuff i am just because i ride a big bike...and my reaction was only because of your grandstanding tuff guy posting.

Enjoy the ride....

'Chose your words carefully, kid'

'Oh yeh, you better believe it'

'Im the real deal and have been for more years than most'

Brilliant! I love it! Do you actually talk like that? Hilarious! Made my day!

Hey! Can I use those lines? I need them for my bad-ass image.

Classic!

• Like 1

'Chose your words carefully, kid'

'Oh yeh, you better believe it'

'Im the real deal and have been for more years than most'

Brilliant! I love it! Do you actually talk like that? Hilarious! Made my day!

Classic!

Yes, of course you can..imitation is indeed the sincerest form of flattery..and of course usually the action of wannabees with no creedance of their own..laugh.png

Ok gramps, calm down! You'll give yourself an ulcer.

As to having no creedence, I'm trying. Hopefully the 900 klms I did last weekend will help me out but you carry on. After all, you're the real deal, putting us mere mortals to shame.

• Like 1

Wow 4 headlights.... if i was a bit more technical / competent instead of the a technical idiot I am I would install HID lights in my Ninja too. I have seen sets on ebay that i like a lot.

order them anyway and pay dr bike or someone to installl them

,he did mine for 300 or 400 and made a perfect job of it in about an hour

Wow 4 headlights.... if i was a bit more technical / competent instead of the a technical idiot I am I would install HID lights in my Ninja too. I have seen sets on ebay that i like a lot.

Thanks for the tip, where did you have it done ?

I really dont like it when incompetent people mess with the bike as lots of things can go wrong.

Back home I have a 1500 kawasaki vulcan and here I ride an Airblade. One is no better than the other and both are designed for different purposes. If I want to thunder down the highway and waste gas like a v8 I will ride the 88 Vulcan. If I want to get somewhere easily and efficiently I will ride the Airblade which also is okay on the highway at 90-100 khp. In Thailand there is little need for a big bike as the traffic flow and roads don't allow for wide open riding. And in some ways the smaller bike may be safer due to increased manuevarablity in heavy traffic. What I do know is that a larger bike can not get around nearly as quickly as the Airblade and that goes for large sportbikes.

Edited by losworld

Back home I have a 1500 kawasaki vulcan and here I ride an Airblade. One is no better than the other and both are designed for different purposes. If I want to thunder down the highway and waste gas like a v8 I will ride the 88 Vulcan. If I want to get somewhere easily and efficiently I will ride the Airblade which also is okay on the highway at 90-100 khp. In Thailand there is little need for a big bike as the traffic flow and roads don't allow for wide open riding. And in some ways the smaller bike may be safer due to increased manuevarablity in heavy traffic. What I do know is that a larger bike can not get around nearly as quickly as the Airblade and that goes for large sportbikes.

i ride big bikes.

because... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/706212-scooter-big-bike-different-treated-by-other-road-users/?p=7519322

I really dont like it when incompetent people mess with the bike as lots of things can go wrong.

thats him :

http://www.dr-bikebangkok.com/store/

chok-chai soi 4

a bit more expensive than the somtam shops but he knows what hes doing

and hes used to working on expensive bikes like harleys and above

he doesnt do any work on scooters

thats him :

http://www.dr-bikebangkok.com/store/

chok-chai soi 4

a bit more expensive than the somtam shops but he knows what hes doing

and hes used to working on expensive bikes like harleys and above

he doesnt do any work on scooters

Price is not a problem.. i want quality and this guy is not real far away from where i live. Or at least near an area i know.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that riders of big bikes have a certain balls-out aura. An 'I'll punch off your wing mirror if you <removed> with me' thing going on. Even the BIB sometimes don't mess with them. After all, it takes a fair bit of confidence and physicality to ride one of these beasts through traffic or blasting down the highway. wai.gif

I think that riders of big bikes have a certain balls-out aura. An 'I'll punch off your wing mirror if you <removed> with me' thing going on. Even the BIB sometimes don't mess with them. After all, it takes a fair bit of confidence and physicality to ride one of these beasts through traffic or blasting down the highway. wai.gif

You really believe this?..OMG cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifyou seem to have a facination for big bikes. Odd that you drive a 100cc scoopy get on a harley and drive with one hand big shot

Yeah I've kicked a few cars and trucks in my time. Only thing worse than the Gaylords are Gaylords with a shop or sidecar made of angle-iron or re-bar on the side of their crappy two stroke.

You really believe this?..OMG cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifyou seem to have a facination for big bikes. Odd that you drive a 100cc scoopy get on a harley and drive with one hand big shot

Wow Richard..you still wanting to come out and play..hahaaa fool, i've never owned a scoopy in my life

Seem to have got your attention tho huh..where did the one handed riding come from..haha I've got a stalker..yipeeee

As for Harleys? done more k's on them than you could ever possibly even contemplate.....hahaha you have no idea ..

I ride mate..not pose as you do..poseurs like you give Harleys a bad name..bah.gif

Edited by andreandre

Wow Richard..you still wanting to come out and play..hahaaa fool, i've never owned a scoopy in my life

Seem to have got your attention tho huh..where did the one handed riding come from..haha I've got a stalker..yipeeee

As for Harleys? done more k's on them than you could ever possibly even contemplate.....hahaha you have no idea ..

I ride mate..not pose as you do..poseurs like you give Harleys a bad name..bah.gif

oops smile.png

Edited by andreandre