Navy SEAL chief says foreign force responsible for Trat attack

Lite Beer

Deploy the aircraft carrier to Trat. So the Cambodians can buy souvenir hats instead of shooting protestors.

They would have a job starting it up,its been dormant for so long,

believe its just a tourist attraction now,another waste of money,

aircraft carrier WITHOUT planes,typical Thai.

regards Worgeordie

They painted the deck in the rainy season despite being told not to and the deck rusted through so now the harriers they bought cannot land on it but no worries the'py still have their navy performing seals

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and then proceeded to spray bullets indiscriminately into the crowd with a variety of heavy weaponry.

Please do not exaggerate the nature of the attack while it was an armed assault and the outcome brutal and disgusting, heavy weapons weren't present. And sorry to say, assault rifles and grenades are not heavy weapons, the death toll would of been absolutely scary had one heavy weapon been used.

I know to some this is splitting hairs, a machine gun and a sub-machine gun a vastly different weapons. The outcome would of been far more tragic. Grenade launchers could of been present but I do not think so. If so, thank god for the low level of mortality, such a weapon is fearsome when used at crowds of people.

For the record, heavy weapons are such things as machine guns, mortars, rpgs, grenade launchers, artillery and the like.

Just saying.

• Like 1

Foreigner? Uruguayan?

Well if he means "Cambodian", this is perfectly possible.
When you are a Khmer man working 20 hours a day on a fishing boat, 7 days a week, then you understand that your Thai boss will never pay you but will kill you instead, if this Thai national tells you "Go to trat to through this bomb away and I'll not feed the fishes with your body", the decision is easy to make. Just an example.

Some foreign forces involved? Pure speculative nonsense. I was just in Koh Kong, Cambodia and travelled past Trad a few days ago. All I noticed were a couple of army checkpoints along the way (the same ones that were there 10 years ago when I went through the region for the first time) and the odd Cambodian car coming across the border, some Thai cars going over to the Cambodian side mostly for gambling (although quite a few Thai cars were parked in the driveways of Koh Kong residential buildings, suggesting family connections) and otherwise tons of tourists heading to/from Cambodia. Cambodian TV had the usual boring KTV clips and otherwise it was business as usual. If I were them I'd also be pretty sick of being accused of being behind a foreign country's political troubles. Absolute <deleted>...show us the evidence. The only thing the Khmers care about is keeping their Preah Vihear temple and aside from that they couldn't give a flying f*** about Thai politics.

Although I disagree with your opinion .... it doesn't matter whether they give a "flying f*** about Thai politics." .... for a lot less than 3000 baht per head, I don't think there would be any problem hiring a couple of pickup truck's full of Khmer gunmen to shoot up Trat. Despite their possible not caring about Thai politics, there is no doubt that Khmer in general hate Thai.

This is nonsensical in some respects. It would be very, very difficult for foreigners to carry out such an operation in Thailand. If they did, they would be caught rather quickly. Unless they were under the clear supervision and direction of some well trained Thais it is quite improbable.

To find the mercenaries, to train them and then deploy them would need some long term careful planning.

This sounds like some type of military operation.

These types of people are an utter embarrassment to the Thai Armed Forces....so typical of many male Thais...showing off, trying to impress that they have an understanding of what's going on......he and many of his cohorts, are simply fakes.

Some foreign forces involved? Pure speculative nonsense. I was just in Koh Kong, Cambodia and travelled past Trad a few days ago. All I noticed were a couple of army checkpoints along the way (the same ones that were there 10 years ago when I went through the region for the first time) and the odd Cambodian car coming across the border, some Thai cars going over to the Cambodian side mostly for gambling (although quite a few Thai cars were parked in the driveways of Koh Kong residential buildings, suggesting family connections) and otherwise tons of tourists heading to/from Cambodia. Cambodian TV had the usual boring KTV clips and otherwise it was business as usual. If I were them I'd also be pretty sick of being accused of being behind a foreign country's political troubles. Absolute <deleted>...show us the evidence. The only thing the Khmers care about is keeping their Preah Vihear temple and aside from that they couldn't give a flying f*** about Thai politics.

Although I disagree with your opinion .... it doesn't matter whether they give a "flying f*** about Thai politics." .... for a lot less than 3000 baht per head, I don't think there would be any problem hiring a couple of pickup truck's full of Khmer gunmen to shoot up Trat. Despite their possible not caring about Thai politics, there is no doubt that Khmer in general hate Thai.

True: Cambodians could do that for 100 THB.

Wrong: they don't hate Thais by nature (only when Thais want to take Preah Vihar back), but Thais indeed despise Khmer by nature.

You cannot write "there is no doubt that Khmer in general hate Thai.". This is ridiculous. I'm French, and there is always someone like you telling me "Oh you French, you don"t like British, German, Americans, etc." Every time I'm told that, I feel insulted. I'm not an animal hating the animals from the burrow next door. So, please, don't insult Khmer telling they hate Thai. They don't have "funny" stories about Thais. The ones making fun are Thais about Khmers.

Now to tell the truth and give you a point, Khmers are as racist against Vietnameses than Thais against them. Insult Cambodia is always in the Suthep and Co. rhetoric as insult Vietnam is in Sam Rainsy's one.

I'm sure if Thaksin so realy wished, Thailand would be burning right now, he's going to be blamed for everything anyway, and why not go out (not that he's in) with the rest of the world talking about how Thailand is imploding through his actions ?

Thaksin and his ilk will just chose somebody else to manipulate in the future if the PTP get disolved/banned/killed off.

The death toll is just going to rise, even Stevie Wonder can see this, and all the while his followers are getting killed and maimed, Suthep still pushes onwards, it's like a school teacher letting bullies constantly letting their pupils be beaten up, and does zero/zip/nada to stop it being repeated daily, due to them having an agenda against the Education Authorities.

Collateral damage just to paint a bigger picture and create a bigger demon to topple?

I don't think what he is saying is so outlandish. Cambodia is where all the red shirt terrorists fled so they've obviously got connections there. I seem to recall Charlem's son also fled there after killing that cop. Rumors of men in black from Cambodia. Thaksin's relationship with Hun Sen, etc etc etc.

Trat is right on the border. Easy for a couple of truck loads of hired trouble makers to run across the border and shoot up the Trat gathering and run back across .... disappear.

Thaksin's peanut gallery is certainly trying to rubbish the idea ... I wonder why.

Actually, Chalerm's son fled to Malaysia. But hey, they're "foreign devils", too. Same same, but different.

I don't think what he is saying is so outlandish. Cambodia is where all the red shirt terrorists fled so they've obviously got connections there. I seem to recall Charlem's son also fled there after killing that cop. Rumors of men in black from Cambodia. Thaksin's relationship with Hun Sen, etc etc etc.

Trat is right on the border. Easy for a couple of truck loads of hired trouble makers to run across the border and shoot up the Trat gathering and run back across .... disappear.

Thaksin's peanut gallery is certainly trying to rubbish the idea ... I wonder why.

Actually, Chalerm's son fled to Malaysia. But hey, they're "foreign devils", too. Same same, but different.

Since you are given to ascribing motivation-- what do you think might be the reason that people on BOTH sides of the color divide regard this statement as nothing more than hot air?

could it be because he has given NO evidence for this dangerous allegation?

That he has not corroborated his earlier statements suggeting that vans full of crazed Cambodians were sneaking into the country under his nose?

Or do you have another explanation-- (we are all paid by Thaksin and Hun Sen hand delivers our checks).

"who else dared to attack in this area under the Navy’s responsibility if not foreign force" In other words he doesn't have a clue. Rather than inflaming the situation without a shred of evidence, the military needs to butt out of political matters.

Grenades used in Trat attack are RGD5, the same type as previous attacks at Bantad Thong, Victory Monument, and Pratunam intersection, Channel 3 reported/Nation. This grenade was produced in Russia and the only country it's available in is Cambodia.

Rear Admiral Winai Klom-in, here he is again, a colorful character to say the least.

1. His Navy Seals were caught by police heading to PDRC protests, armed, with PDRC passes and a car with fake number plates. He bailed them out claiming they were investigating drugs.

2. He then promises he's withdrawn them from PDRC protests.

3. Threatens to sue police over claims his seals were involved in bombing.

4. His group are spotted again recently.

So he's blaming Cambodians, but he did that in mid January too, remember this:

Posted 2014-01-22 19:14:20

Navy Seals commander insists foreign forces were brought in

red-shirt-movement-2009-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Commander of the Navy’s special naval warfare or Navy Seals reaffirmed Wednesday that foreign armed forces were brought into the country to deal with the protesters.

Rear Admiral Winai Klom-in told a group of protesters from the People’s Democratic Reform Committee’s eastern branch he could not accept the use of foreign forces to kill Thai people.

He claimed that he had evidence to prove that foreign forces were brought into the country during the red-shirt protest in 2009 and 2010.

“I can confirm that our unit (Navy Seals) does not seek publicity or fame. Certain missions are top secret that must die with us. We do our job for the country even though we do not receive praise. We know by our hearts that we have done the job,” he told the crowd who showed up at his unit in Sattahip, Chon Buri, to give him moral support.

Rear Admiral Winai admitted that he wouldn’t care less whether he would be demoted, sacked or jailed for the confidential information he exposed about foreign armed elements and for the stance he has taken to side with the people instead of the government.

Grenades used in Trat attack are RGD5, the same type as previous attacks at Bantad Thong, Victory Monument, and Pratunam intersection, Channel 3 reported/Nation. This grenade was produced in Russia and the only country it's available in is Cambodia.

Where are the facts to back up that these grenades, which are pretty common/standard are only available in Cambodia?

I think you'll find that arms dealers in any country surrounding Thailand are more than likely to have such grenades available for a price

Grenades can also be made under licence as well, and don't always have to be produced in former Eastern Bloc countries.

Again, this SEAL commander was derelict in his duty if he claims to have seen/witnessed and incursion into the Kingdom, and he did nothing about it, or failed to stop it.

Wrong: they don't hate Thais by nature (only when Thais want to take Preah Vihar back), but Thais indeed despise Khmer by nature.

You cannot write "there is no doubt that Khmer in general hate Thai.". This is ridiculous. I'm French, and there is always someone like you telling me "Oh you French, you don"t like British, German, Americans, etc." Every time I'm told that, I feel insulted. I'm not an animal hating the animals from the burrow next door. So, please, don't insult Khmer telling they hate Thai. They don't have "funny" stories about Thais. The ones making fun are Thais about Khmers.

Now to tell the truth and give you a point, Khmers are as racist against Vietnameses than Thais against them. Insult Cambodia is always in the Suthep and Co. rhetoric as insult Vietnam is in Sam Rainsy's one.

What you say about Cambodian's being racist against the Vietnamese, I realize is true of course. That's been true for decades if not centuries. But I can't help but point out that in saying this, you too are making generalizations about Cambodians, similarly as you blame me for.

But also I admit that my generalization about Cambodians "in general 'hating' Thais" is an exaggeration for which I apologize. However I would maintain it is accurate to say that the majority of Cambodians in the border areas have seriously bad feelings for ... if not hatred .. for Thais. This is not the decades old "racism" (which you have highlighted) that Khmer have against Vietnamese but rather more modern reality since the mid-70s and which has intensified in recent years as a result of Preah Vihear and related border issues.

I believe there is a Cambodian connection in the current political situation/confrontation in Thailand. But I'm not saying this includes Cambodian Government involvement in any organized or policy driven manner. The word "mercenary" was used by another poster. This is more in line with what I believe in regard to Cambodia's possible involvement.

Posting unedited news stories on a personal facebook page? This doesn't sound professional or doesn't meet the minimum requirements for story and source vetting. The Thais claim it's not the, but foreign sources. That would imply that Thailand is at war with some one.

Was waiting for this thread to pop up, dont really help the SEAL image and reputation none. Just makes me think this.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1lNcqKqJxIY/UgExSYQK8dI/AAAAAAAAeGQ/pnT-4IxAPyQ/s640/IMG_5161.JPG

Are you spinning again? So now a blog is credible source when it suits your agenda. By the way, would you be so kind as to tell us why Ko-Tee and the rest is hiding in Cambodia when Cambodia is not involved in Thai affairs? Do you know how far is Trat from the Cambodian border?

Edited by Mackie

So within 12 hours of the attack they have identified the perpetrator, motive, and international military affiliation- all without a suspect,- let alone an arrest- and could not ID the threat beforehand.

I dare say that's the kind professional ineptitude I would hesitate to share with the press.

That, or the reporter, Wassana Nanuam, or the "SEAL" was telling a bold-faced lie.

Nahhh. too crazy for Bagkok coffee1.gif

Edited by BeforeTigers
  • Like 2

Was waiting for this thread to pop up, dont really help the SEAL image and reputation none. Just makes me think this.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1lNcqKqJxIY/UgExSYQK8dI/AAAAAAAAeGQ/pnT-4IxAPyQ/s640/IMG_5161.JPG

Are you spinning again? So now a blog is credible source when it suits your agenda. By the way, would you be so kind as to tell us why Ko-Tee and the rest is hiding in Cambodia when Cambodia is not involved in Thai affairs? Do you know how far is Trat from the Cambodian border?

facepalm.gif That blog is simply a comical pic I thought apt and totally unrelated to Thailand you silly man or didnt you check ? rolleyes.gif

Until a single Cambodian is arrested and charged with insurgency and linked with proof to these atrocities I have nothing to say to you or your tin foil hat.

Until then as far as im concerned it is simply Thai killing and maiming Thai nothing more and no tin foil hat mystery.

PS If it is ko tee etc it is still nothing more than Thai vs Thai.

Sweet dreams frog prince.

• Like 1

What you say about Cambodian's being racist against the Vietnamese, I realize is true of course. That's been true for decades if not centuries. But I can't help but point out that in saying this, you too are making generalizations about Cambodians, similarly as you blame me for.

But also I admit that my generalization about Cambodians "in general 'hating' Thais" is an exaggeration for which I apologize. However I would maintain it is accurate to say that the majority of Cambodians in the border areas have seriously bad feelings for ... if not hatred .. for Thais. This is not the decades old "racism" (which you have highlighted) that Khmer have against Vietnamese but rather more modern reality since the mid-70s and which has intensified in recent years as a result of Preah Vihear and related border issues.

I believe there is a Cambodian connection in the current political situation/confrontation in Thailand. But I'm not saying this includes Cambodian Government involvement in any organized or policy driven manner. The word "mercenary" was used by another poster. This is more in line with what I believe in regard to Cambodia's possible involvement.

After countless trips to and in Cambodia, I have never heard a Khmer speak bad about the Thai people. Most of those of them who live and work here are fluent in Thai within a year. They even have a golden statue of King Chulalongkorn at Wat Phnom. Thais, on the other hand... but that goes for their relationship with all neighbouring countries except Laos.

We are really moving into the theatre of the absurd now... Foreign forces ?? With no proof??

Thailand seems to have a pretty high murder rate, I am a bit confused as to why the military

commanders, whenever a Thai is killed that is protesting, immediately come up with the

conclusion that the killers must be foreigners..... I hope to god that Laos or Cambodia never

attack Thailand, as I am somewhat concerned about the ability of the Thai military to defend

Thailand.....

• Like 2

After countless trips to and in Cambodia, I have never heard a Khmer speak bad about the Thai people. Most of those of them who live and work here are fluent in Thai within a year. They even have a golden statue of King Chulalongkorn at Wat Phnom. Thais, on the other hand... but that goes for their relationship with all neighbouring countries except Laos.

I agree. I have also has many trips into Cambodia, and cannot recall ever hearing

a Khmer speak badly about Thai people. It is the Vietnamese that the Khmer dislike.

My girlfriend went shopping at a Thai - Cambodia market recently for the first time. All her life she has been fed the pap that Cambodian people are bad. When I picked her up later in the day, she had this amazed look on her face and kept repeating how nice all the Khmer people were that were selling stuff there....