multiple entry required?

Hi

My friends are arriving in Thailand in April to visit me.

The plan is for them to land in BKK, then fly out to Vietnam that day, we will then return to BKK 6 days later for another week, before they return to the UK.

Do they need to apply for a certain type of visa E.g. multiple entry or will it be ok just to get the usual visas on arrival both times? They have all flights booked.

Thanks

May

In which case they can obtain 30 day visa exempt entries. They should ensure they have a flight out of Thailand within that 30 days. ( see an early topic).

?

Are your friends intending to fly to Vietnam and also return by plane ?

If so they will receive another 30 day visa exempt entry on return to Thailand .

The 30 days can . if necessary , be extended by 7 days on application to an immigration office at a cost of 1900 bht

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Flying in from where -----the friends Nationality makes a difference"

Really? I don't see it. Can you explain, please? Just curious.

Thanks, Terry

Some nations citizens are not allowed a visa exempt entry -------some are allowed to obtain a visa on arrival at a cost.

Others have to obtain a visa from their own country.

30 day visa exempt entries will work fine for Thailand, but everybody will need a visa for Vietnam.

As per above. To get a Vietnam 30 day Tourist Visa in US it would cost a minimum of $100 each person plus postage (see reply to my inquiry dated 1/25/2014). There is NO visa exempt entry on arrival (as in Thailand) even mentioned on Viet Embassy website. It is possible to apply for visas in BKK at Viet Embassy my friends applied and then picked up 2nd day - they were there Feb. 2011 so I'm not sure if BKK process has changed.

HELLO,

THANK YOU FOR WRITING TO THE EMBASSY OF VIETNAM.

FIRST OF ALL, THE CONSULAR SECTION OF THE EMBASSY OF VIETNAM STRONGLY RECOMMENDS YOU TO HAVE THE VISA BEFORE YOU DEPART FOR VIETNAM.

THE FOLLOWING FEE IS TOTAL FEE, COVERING FOR VISA STAMPING FEE, VISA APPROVAL ARRANGEMENT FEE AND PROCESSING FEE.

A. SINGLE ENTRY, ONE-MONTH:

+ $100.00/ EACH PERSON

B. SINGLE ENTRY, THREE-MONTH: $140.00/ EACH PERSON

C. MULTIPLE ENTRY ONE-MONTH: $150.00/ EACH PERSON

D. MULTIPLE ENTRY THREE-MONTH: $180.00/ EACH PERSON

NORMAL PROCESSING TIME: 3 WORKING DAYS.

EXPEDITE SERVICE: PLUS $30 (1-2 WORKING DAYS)

* SINGLE ENTRY: IF YOU ENTER VIETNAM ONE TIME.

MULTIPLE ENTRIES: YOU ENTER VIETNAM MORE THAN ONE TIME (YOU ENTER VIETNAM, GO TO ANOTHER NEIGHBOURING COUNTRY AND GO BACK TO VIETNAM) OR CRUISE MAKES SEVERAL STOPS IN VIETNAM.

* AT PRESENT, THE EMBASSY OF VIETNAM CAN ARRANGE AN APPROVAL FOR A VISA GOOD FOR 3 MONTHS, MULTIPLE ENTRIES AS MAXIMUM.