Russian caught with Marijuana at South Pattaya Police Checkpoint

webfact

Russian caught with Marijuana at South Pattaya Police Checkpoint

russia-25.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Sunday afternoon in South Pattaya, a 41 year old Russian was caught with two bags of the class 5 drug Marijuana.

Police set-up the checkpoint in front of the Pattaya Shoe Shop on the Pattaya Second Road and spotted a foreign man who appeared to make a U-turn to avoid the checkpoint. Officers were able to apprehend him and found he was carrying the Marijuana in his pocket.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/119371/russian-caught-with-marijuana-at-south-pattaya-police-checkpoint/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-02-24

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of punishment does he get from this? Does anyone know?

Category I: Dangerous narcotics such as heroine;

Category II: Ordinary narcotics such as morphine, cocaine, codeine, medicinal opium;

Category III: Narcotics which are in form of medicinal formula and contain narcotics of Category II as ingredients in accordance with rules prescribed by Minister and published in the Government Gazette

Category IV: Narcotics which consist of chemical used for producing narcotics of Category I or II such as acetic anhydride, or acetyl chloride;

Category V: Narcotics which are not included in Category I-IV such as marijuana or Kraton Plant.

Any one caught in violation of the above mentioned laws shall be punished by imprisonment or death depending on the circumstances as weighed by the Thai Courts.

What kind of punishment does he get from this? Does anyone know?

Category I: Dangerous narcotics such as heroine;

Category II: Ordinary narcotics such as morphine, cocaine, codeine, medicinal opium;

Category III: Narcotics which are in form of medicinal formula and contain narcotics of Category II as ingredients in accordance with rules prescribed by Minister and published in the Government Gazette

Category IV: Narcotics which consist of chemical used for producing narcotics of Category I or II such as acetic anhydride, or acetyl chloride;

Category V: Narcotics which are not included in Category I-IV such as marijuana or Kraton Plant.

Any one caught in violation of the above mentioned laws shall be punished by imprisonment or death depending on the circumstances as weighed by the Thai Courts.

It would be more honest to quote the actual law and penalties as below.

FOR CANNABIS UNDER CATEGORY 5:

• From 2-15 years imprisonment and a fine of 200,000 – 1,500,000 Baht for production, importation or exportation

• From 2-10 years imprisonment or a fine of 40,000 – 200,000 Baht or both for disposal or possession for the purpose of disposal. If the quantity is over 10 kilograms, the penalty is increased to a maximum of 15 years and a fine of 200,000 – 1,500,000 Baht

• Imprisonment not exceeding 5 years and or a fine not exceeding 100,000 Baht or both for possession

• Imprisonment not exceeding 1 year and a fine of 100,000 – 1,000,000 for consumption

But I guess we cannot let the truth get in the way of a good story.

• Like 1