German suffers serious foot injury in Jomtien Road Crash

webfact

German suffers serious foot injury in Jomtien Road Crash

german-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 72 year old German suffered a partial traumatic amputation of his right foot as his motorbike was hit by a high powered bike travelling at high speed on Saturday.

Police and rescue services were called to the Sukhumvit Road close to the entrance of Soi 87 and attended to Mr. Peter Julian. His two children aged 7 and 9, who were on the back of his bike when the crash occurred, were slightly injured but were taken to Hospital as a precaution.

A high powered bike driven by Khun Apiwat aged 25 struck Mr. Peter’s bike as he came out of the side road and joined the main carriageway. He, along with his 2 children, were thrown from their bike.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/119377/german-suffers-serious-foot-injury-in-jomtien-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-02-24

and no doubt the old man will be blamed for this because if he wasnt here it wouldnt have been an accident Thai logic

Probably not, but it could be argued that his TWO children would not have been hurt if he had been a more sensible father. Two kids of such young ages on the back of a bike ?

Would he be riding in GERMANY with his two kids on the back, flip flops and probably no helmet!!

Thank GOD the kids are OK. Stuping B**%#

Anyone with any real sense would not get on a motorbike in town here at all, ever. I certainly wouldn't.

If I lived in the back of beyond and used a bike to go a couple of miles down an empty dirt track to get to my local village, it might be a different story. But ride a motorbike on Sukumvit? Madness.

• Like 1

and no doubt the old man will be blamed for this because if he wasnt here it wouldnt have been an accident Thai logic

Unbelievable that you sneer at and quote "Thai logic", whatever that is, when no-one but you has mentioned it or blamed anyone.

• Like 1

Ride motorcycles at your peril anywhere in Thailand I suggest. Hopefully his foot can be saved, as it would be a high price to pay for a moments carelessness. Luckily it wasn't his head and his children were not injured

Unbelievable that you sneer at and quote "Thai logic", whatever that is, when no-one but you has mentioned it or blamed anyone.

MM... seems you dont know too much about Thai behaviour, especially when you mention these words :"whatever that is"...

Keith101 is RIGHT !

I just went there last month and a lot of bump were builted on the Jomtien road in beach front for predestrain crossing but why a super bike travel that fast on human crowded beach road? Lucky the small childrens were not hurt in this accident .

Edited by Bkungbank

I just went there last month and a lot of bump were builted on the Jomtien road in beach front for predestrain crossing but why a super bike travel that fast on human crowded beach road? Lucky the small childrens were not hurt in this accident .

He was on Sukhumvit Road not the beach.

Seems a local pass time to pull out of a side road and not look whats coming, you see that everyday, but its usually Thai's doing it

why in the hell you all like thailand so much.

as all of you are complaining about it so much.

if you not like the thai or the country or the spicy food or the way they want to live their lives, as same as the way they want to drive on the road or do their things, just leave thailand and stay in your own country.

please not turn thailand into one the same dull shit country as all the western countrys are already.

here in thailand there is at least some spice in your life.

i have heard that rubbish [insert country] logic decades ago in several countries where i worked. only dummies believe in it.

• Like 1

Stupid old expats on motorbikes with young kids and no helmet, no I don't feel sorry for them. They choose to gamble with their own life and hurt their family.

I drive a car , it's maybe also a gamble on the roads in Thailand, but at least I do anything I can to drive safely and protect the ones I love.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo

As the old man was joining the main carriageway from a side street, it very much looks to be his fault.

Why did he move into the path of oncoming traffic. Did he even look to see if anyone was coming or

did he just move into the path of oncoming traffic thinking anyone coming will avoid him.

Most Westerners after being here for a while start driving in the same manner as the locals.

Two kids on the bike, no helmet. Looks to be his fault with the information presented so far.

A hard, painful, expensive lesson. Just glad nobody else was hurt. sad.png

• Like 1

Why all the negativity folks ??

The guy fathered a child at 65yrs old, respect smile.png

Are you surewhistling.gifsmile.png

Well the article did say they were his children !!

What it didn't say was that the accident was his fault, nor that helmets were not being worn but a lot of people seem to be sure of those 'facts' :)

By a sad coincidence, I was just talking to another falang business acquaintance, a couple of hours ago, bemoaning the fact the falang's seem to allow their standard of driving to fall to the same level as the Thais! This was after a falang driving a battered old Nissan pulled out of Thepprasit into Thappraya, nearly taking out a few motor cyclists (me included) who were proceeding through a green light. He then proceeded to weave across the three lanes, before pulling right across from right to left to continue along Jomtien second road, nearly taking me out again.

Sorry, butm/c is the only efficient to get around Patts if you actually live in the centre. Car, yes, for trips to the supermarket and up - country but daily in, around Patts, sorry not for me or my blood pressure. Having said that, I NEVER m/c Sukumavit after dark not along it, across it full stop. Equally living on Thepprasit, I take Great care as well as it is used as a speed track by many late at night.

Yes my thoughts and best wishes for this mans recovery are an obvious given.

why in the hell you all like thailand so much.

as all of you are complaining about it so much.

if you not like the thai or the country or the spicy food or the way they want to live their lives, as same as the way they want to drive on the road or do their things, just leave thailand and stay in your own country.

please not turn thailand into one the same dull shit country as all the western countrys are already.

here in thailand there is at least some spice in your life.

We live on a tiny planet in a galaxy 200.000 light years across. People from one part of it should be able to influence the behaviour of people in another part, as long as that influence is positive and beneficial to others. If you respect Thailand at least give it a capital T.

Why did the german guy pull out of a side street when another bike was comong? sorry but too many people here just pull out without thinking ,they would not do it back home ,glad the kids are ok ,bet they did not have helmets either.

The oncoming bike was traveling at high speed. Blind bends/intersections perhaps? They're extremely common in Pattaya. I know corners here where it would be impossible to see anyone coming at high speed no matter how careful you were. You stick your neck out and hope for the best.

Edited by tropo

Well, had to get in that ol' farang victimism. Any excuse will do. Some of our members live for these moments of imagined persecution.

• Like 2

Well, had to get in that ol' farang victimism. Any excuse will do. Some of our members live for these moments of imagined persecution.

You can always tell who they are ,its the tinfoil hat thats the givaway