$50 for income verification @ usa embassy.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Our Canadian Embassy is a little more honest, as are Canadians, you must show them proof of income to get the affidavit.

Same as the British Embassy.

No proof of income no income validation letter !

I wanted to prove to usa embassy I make what I said I make. I fear ill have a hard time explaining to thai boy or girl what my vanguard statement is. Why it doesnt show my name or doesn't show my acc number or usa address. Or ex[plaining that I have money deposited into my bank of America acc from vanguard acc.and it also doesnt show name, address ,etc.

I got everything printed from online. The numbers are all there, ez to cross reference and all. Just hope thai speaks English............lol.

Our Canadian Embassy is a little more honest, as are Canadians, you must show them proof of income to get the affidavit.

Honesty has little to do with requiring documentation. It would seem that the Embassy does trust that their countrymen are honest and require more than a sworn statement. Some cultures just do not believe anything unless they see written proof. In the USA we say people are from the "Show Me State" (Missouri) if they must see to believe. That is not the culture of the USA however; trust an oath until proven dishonest. Your comment seems rather unfounded. Maybe you meant skeptical rather than honest.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I wanted to prove to usa embassy I make what I said I make. I fear ill have a hard time explaining to thai boy or girl what my vanguard statement is. Why it doesnt show my name or doesn't show my acc number or usa address. Or ex[plaining that I have money deposited into my bank of America acc from vanguard acc.and it also doesnt show name, address ,etc.

I got everything printed from online. The numbers are all there, ez to cross reference and all. Just hope thai speaks English............lol.

Does a "vangard" statement demonstrate Income ? Real income that is regularly imported into Thailand as demonstrated by Foreign deposits in a Thai Bank account ?

Does "vangard" provide a card which allows funds to be withdrawn in Thailand?

If you want your Vanguard income statement authenticated by the US Embassy in Bangkok, no problem! Start here:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/notary_authentication.html

Does a "vangard" statement demonstrate Income ? Real income that is regularly imported into Thailand as demonstrated by Foreign deposits in a Thai Bank account ?

Does "vangard" provide a card which allows funds to be withdrawn in Thailand?

Vanguard is a highly respected usa Financial institution. This poster mindet is what im worried about. I doubt many thais are FLUENT in Vanguard.

Anyway ill bring as a backup my thai bankbook showing the required 800,000 baht in it- couldn't go this route as its been seasoning only a month

That authentification process looks like a major pain in the ass. The biggest problem is I don't get mail-all documents are emailed to me.

Why should any Thai be "fluent" in Vangard or indeed any Western financial institution ?

I am able ( although have never been asked) to demonstrate my income via simple easy to understand documents.

Edit

NB

Ownership of stocks/share/bonds is not of itself an indicator of income.

Edited by olddoc

A financial statement is basically:

1 Beginning balance

2 Changes

3 Ending balance

Vanguard or otherwise smile.png

Simplistically I agree but again of itself does not demonstrate " income" Such a statement may well refer to a share holding !

A financial statement is basically:

1 Beginning balance

2 Changes

3 Ending balance

Vanguard or otherwise smile.png

Simplistically I agree but again of itself does not demonstrate " income" Such a statement may well refer to a share holding !

Neither does 800k on deposit in a Thai bank :)

But 800,000 in a Thai Bank would help a person to live day to day for a year ! smile.png

So would an equal amount in a Vanguard money market account. It's still not income. Just means the account holder had that amount in their account that date :)

But 800,000 in a Thai Bank would help a person to live day to day for a year ! smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

So would an equal amount in a Vanguard money market account. It's still not income. Just means the account holder had that amount in their account that date smile.png

Maybe you misunderstand ------a money market account is not "freely available cash money" .

Any return on investment is heavily dependent on the funds performance and may result in a net loss !

https://personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundId=0030&FundIntExt=INT

If using the 800k bank method the income requirement is equal to zero baht.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Correct.

I think we were getting off topic with respect to what constitutes income. Income is what ever Thai Immigration accepts as verification :)

You guys are too funny. I surely pray thai boy or girl know my statements are showing monthly income distirbutions. I dont want to show him my balances-they might want to put out a cotract on my life....................lol.

1099 R for usa tax reporting purposes, for eexample shows yearly income. 1099 R doesnt show principal balance used to achieve the income. The discussion here is what worries me. Thai should know difference between principal and income derived from said principal.

$100 proven income plus non-seasoned 800k baht in thai bank is ok-- from what i can tell.

But 800,000 in a Thai Bank would help a person to live day to day for a year ! smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png

So would an equal amount in a Vanguard money market account. It's still not income. Just means the account holder had that amount in their account that date smile.png

Maybe you misunderstand ------a money market account is not "freely available cash money" .

Any return on investment is heavily dependent on the funds performance and may result in a net loss !

https://personal.vanguard.com/us/funds/snapshot?FundId=0030&FundIntExt=INT

I understand my ATM card is linked to my money market account, I can withdraw cash at any ATM. Vanguard's money market accounts have never "broken the buck" meaning that one share is one dollar.

But then the entire financial system could crash tomorrow.

How many animal skins would be required to prove income in that scenario :)