Ukrainian expat dies after fight with girlfriend in Phuket

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been 9 deaths due to "people either accidentally or suicidal jumping from balconies here in Thailand over the last year or so

Population of Thailand is approximately 66 million people

There where 8 deaths linked to balconies in the United States in the last year

Population is approximately 315 million

Think about it what are the numbers telling you . Accidental ??????

In the US, most people don't live in high-rise buildings, and guns are the weapon of choice for the vast majority of murders.

Lets face it every time their is a fatality from an upper floor of a condominium their always seems to be either a wife, or girl friend that is also in the room when the incident happens.

The police need to smarten up and investigate these incidents completely.

Why do the police need to smarten up? How would the police benefit? This is Thailand... If there is no money in it for the, why would they do it???

Edited by Paangjang

So you all think that the women of Phuket are so amazingly strong that they can hurl their boyfriends over the balcony. Most Thai women I've come across just wouldn't have the strength to do that.

The naivety of many of you make me laugh though.

don't seem to remember the article stating " thai girl friend", yet the fly's jump on it like a prawn in the midday sun....

Police believe Mr Volkov either decided to jump (not pushed) off the balcony or accidentally (not pushed) fell down.

,,,,, oh,,,,,,or,,,,,,,

decided to commit suicide, that's it.

Wrong.read the 2nd news update..no jumping.no pushing,no suicide..coffee1.gif

“We checked CCTV footage, which showed Mr Volkov returning to the room at 1am. However, he was unable to open the door,” Phuket City Police Superintendent Sermphan Sirikong said.

“Mr Volkov accessed a room on the fifth floor to climb down to his balcony on the fourth floor. While he was climbing down, he lost control and fell to the ground,” Col Sermphan said.

Edited by andreandre

So you all think that the women of Phuket are so amazingly strong that they can hurl their boyfriends over the balcony. Most Thai women I've come across just wouldn't have the strength to do that.

"Many Thai woman" could be ladyboys. Or maybe an Ukrainian wife? Your post made me laugh, as too many foreigners "commit" suicide.

Sad is that the expat can't tell us what happened. That's really sad. And not funny at all. -facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Sure seems like you have little knowledge about this... From my experience both THAI men and THAI ladies are very strong regardless of their size. Size has very little to do with strength especially when anger is involved. I'm not saying that the Thai lady did it I'm only saying that many a tiny ladies are strong enough to hurt you bad.

• Like 1

Well, try this: lean against a 80 centimeter tall balcony railing and have your girlfriend body-check you from behind!

Edited by pacovl46
  • Like 1

There have been 9 deaths due to "people either accidentally or suicidal jumping from balconies here in Thailand over the last year or so

Population of Thailand is approximately 66 million people

There where 8 deaths linked to balconies in the United States in the last year

Population is approximately 315 million

Think about it what are the numbers telling you . Accidental ??????

lol, i think there were 25 British deaths from balcony falls last SUMMER in majorca. im sure the population is only a few million so those figures must be saying that a lot of *drunken chaps* fall of balconies.............must remember to handcuff myself to the railing before quaffing my leo on the 20th floor tonight.

It would appear that Thailand and and specifically Pattaya as the epicenter has the distinction of being the Bermuda Triangle of balcony deaths.

What is it about this country that provokes the enormous amounts of deaths provided by balcony's.

They say it is the foreigners drinking habits, however the locals have more than there fair share of piss heads and you hardly ever hear of a Thai taking an aerial swim. They say it is the height of the railings. I have been in many countries where the rail height is similar, however such deaths are miniscule in comparison.

Could it be something in the water or in the food that predicates such accidents. Perhaps the fish sauce which would certainly persuade me to jump rather than have to go through the experience again. Or perhaps it is exposure to the Thai entertainment programs and soap opera's on television. Whatever it is due too, it is real and it is highly predominant in this country, specifically with foreigners.

• Like 2

So because you visit weak ladies,the rest of us are naive?

When you say "most" .... it means that some of them would have the strenght,so watch out ,stay of the balconies !coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Police believe Mr Volkov either decided to jump off the balcony or accidentally fell down.

Throwing someone from a hotel or condo balcony seems to have become the weapon of choice in Thailand...no murder weapon...no messy blood on the floor of the condo...no witnesses...and...of course...you know the person in the room would never lie about what happened...

Wonder how many of these deaths by falling from a tall structure...are just written off as suicide...to close the case...just another foreigner bites the dust...there will be three newbies to take his place and be exploited...

It's all about leverage and surprise. Maybe you haven't been here long? They play hardball here, in case you haven't noticed.

• Like 1

So, as usual from the two main news outlets..two totally different accounts of an incident..no one so far seems to know the real facts.

Phuket News says;

Police said that before the incident, Mr Volkov had gone out and returned home around midnight. Not long after, the security guard heard the couple arguing loudly in their room, and then heard something heavy fall to the ground.

He went to check and found Mr Volkov dead on the ground outside, with a broken neck, two broken arms and a broken ankle.
Police believe Mr Volkov either decided to jump off the balcony or accidentally fell down.

Phuket Gazette says:

PHUKET: -- A 27-year-old Ukrainian man died early yesterday morning after attempting to climb from a fifth-floor balcony of a Phuket Town condo to his home on the fourth floor.

The couple allegedly went out yesterday evening to drink with friends on the ground floor. When Mr Volkov returned to the room, he found that his keys were locked inside, Lt Kraisorn explained.
“We checked CCTV footage, which showed Mr Volkov returning to the room at 1am. However, he was unable to open the door,” Phuket City Police Superintendent Sermphan Sirikong said.
“Mr Volkov accessed a room on the fifth floor to climb down to his balcony on the fourth floor. While he was climbing down, he lost control and fell to the ground,” Col Sermphan said.

• Like 2