One Of Life's Imponderables

Artisan

If all you whingers only realized you were in Thailand and not your wonderful home countries then all this trivial nonsense about supermarket queues etc wouldn't bother you so much.

What boring lives you must all lead if this is what you complain about. You are worse than the blue rinse brigade back home in blighty collecting the pensions on a wet monday morning.

The c.unt can leave his country but the country cant leave the c.unt. Leave your ideals and expectations at the airport and you will find life isn't as bad as you think.

Hmmm, what's up Grumpster, have you been moved to Silly Mid Off or have you caught Somchai shaving his arse with your razor again? :o

What a bitter and bilious little hissy fit... :D

It's a fact that 99,9% of the foreigners, visiting a Thai supermarket, never visited a supermarket in their home country. If so, than you would have been noticed, that supermarkets in our homecountries are not different from the ones in Thailand. Compared to many supermarkets in France, Germany, Holland and Sweden, the Carrefours/Big C's, Lotuses aren't that bad. No opinion on Tops; never have been there.

Please remember that a western supermarket in a foreign country has to work with the system and the people there.

Heh, what hat did you pull that "fact" out of? Looks like something out of BS101...

I agree, supermarkeds everywhere have issues, but the point we're discussing is that in Thailand they always have way too many idle hands in the electric department and that some of those hands would be more useful staffing a checkout.

Edited by madsere

It's a fact that 99,9% of the foreigners, visiting a Thai supermarket, never visited a supermarket in their home country.

A fact? What a load of nonsense! Where did you obtain this absurd statistic?

Heh, what hat did you pull that "fact" out of? Looks like something out of BS101...

I agree, supermarkets everywhere have issues, but the point we're discussing is that in Thailand they always have way too many idle hands in the electric department and that some of those hands would be more useful staffing a checkout.

Yes Madsere, that's the whole point of this topic but a couple or so of our fellow members have missed the point completely......and one person abusively. But, it takes all sorts.

Edited by Artisan

It's a fact that 99,9% of the foreigners, visiting a Thai supermarket, never visited a supermarket in their home country. If so, than you would have been noticed, that supermarkets in our homecountries are not different from the ones in Thailand. Compared to many supermarkets in France, Germany, Holland and Sweden, the Carrefours/Big C's, Lotuses aren't that bad. No opinion on Tops; never have been there.

Please remember that a western supermarket in a foreign country has to work with the system and the people there.

I agree, supermarkeds everywhere have issues, but the point we're discussing is that in Thailand they always have way too many idle hands in the electric department and that some of those hands would be more useful staffing a checkout.

Yes, it does seem that way on the face of it, but in certain stores you may find that the Electrical Dept, for example, is run as a separate enterprise, independently employing staff. In such cases the company concerned is only renting floor space and so mobility of staff within the greater store cannot apply.

That 'fact' however, does not detract from the irritation that seemingly blatant mismanagement in the allocation of staff resources causes those wishing to spend money... :o

I really don't believe that here is any worse than England. Plus in England the check-out staff are rude, ugly, dirty, smelly, and social misfits.

hehe... well thats the English in general unlike us welsh and our scottish brothers... your just the smelly neighbours!!

Those guys who bat for the other side really shouldn't be so sensitive. You seem unsuitable to life in Thailand, baring the bar scene of course. Why do you want to change so much in Thailand? Checkout queues are universal and not exclusive to Thailand. So Central, Power Buy or whoever want to employ 50 idle hands, what's it to you? Why does it bother you so much? Just go in and buy your home entertainment systems or whatever it is your after and leave or go and buy it online and have it delivered, if it bothers you so much.

Stop trying to change so much around you and change your negative attitudes instead and life wont feel like the h.ell it must be.

Good luck!

In UK and Europe most supermarkets have a published charter outlining their standards of service to their customers...... for instance, they guarantee to open extra tills if the people at the existing checkouts exceeds a certain number. I have seen no evidence of this system at any supermarket in Thailand.

I have shopped at supermarkets all over Oz, USA and Europe and with the exception of some Australian ones I have never seen such bad management as in Thailand.

As for whingeing....just because I live in another country doesn't mean I have to forego the right to point out things I see as wrong. Unlike some people I take my mind and my opinions with me....i.e. I don't lose it every time I move to a different country.

Strange that you have a thing about ladies pee things when you bat from the other side....your posts are as wonderful as ever.....and you are still true to style as Grumpy Dumpy post-15964-1148914138.gif

So you are all whinging about supermarkets and Thai staff in general, yet I'm the grumpy one.

It's a pity they don't have horses and hounds in Pattaya then one could eradicate all invasive pests.

Some `pests` get the last laugh!

Edited by Pattaya_Fox

it's only a problem if you choose it to be one

Taken on face value, that is very true. But, what started out as a personal observation, and a light-hearted one at that, was turned by you into an unwarranted, abusive and disgraceful attack on previous posters.

Rumpster, I know what you are..... but I don't know who you are or where you are and I can't understand why you must be so contemptuous?

Edited by Artisan

it's only a problem if you choose it to be one

Taken on face value, that is very true. But, what started out as a personal observation, and a light-hearted one at that, was turned by you into an unwarranted, abusive and disgraceful attack on previous posters.

Rumpster, I know what you are..... but I don't know who you are or where you are and I can't understand why you must be so contemptuous?

Artisan, you seem reluctant to say what you really want to say and you just stir up all sorts of nonsense to justify your negativity to my posting in this forum. The mere fact you do this makes me laugh even louder. Keep up the great posting! You're a credit to pattaya!

Whinging doesnt really help achieve anything other than higher blood pressure.

Ha! Ha! Dumpy....yours must be going through the roof!!

Really? Very calm here. Your assumptions are wrong again.

Oh that`s good to hear....then maybe you would like to post something positive on the forum and not just attack the forum members :o

I really don't believe that here is any worse than England. Plus in England the check-out staff are rude, ugly, dirty, smelly, and social misfits. At least here in Thailand they are clean and apologetic and count my change six times.

I prefer Thai supermarkets.

Spoken like a true idiot.

sorry i ment troll.

bcause you have never been to the uk, or you would never say rubish like that.

Staff in shops in the uk are well trained and are a thousand times better at there jobs.

then people thailand. no disrespect to the thais but its true.

Have a nice day, in Thailand as that must be your place of birth and the only place you know.

:D

Nyet: I am not an idiot: That was my experience six years ago in the UK

Nyet: I am not a troll

Staff in U.K. supermarkets are rarely 'well trained' you are dillusioned.

Thailand is not my place of birth; it is my place of residence.

Have a nice day! :o

I really don't believe that here is any worse than England. Plus in England the check-out staff are rude, ugly, dirty, smelly, and social misfits. At least here in Thailand they are clean and apologetic and count my change six times.

I prefer Thai supermarkets.

Spoken like a true idiot.

sorry i ment troll.

bcause you have never been to the uk, or you would never say rubish like that.

Staff in shops in the uk are well trained and are a thousand times better at there jobs.

then people thailand. no disrespect to the thais but its true.

Have a nice day, in Thailand as that must be your place of birth and the only place you know.

Nyet: I am not an idiot: That was my experience six years ago in the UK

Nyet: I am not a troll

Staff in U.K. supermarkets are rarely 'well trained' you are dillusioned.

Thailand is not my place of birth; it is my place of residence.

Have a nice day! :o

You must be a total idiot.

you show how little you know of the world out side Thailand.

Go on, have one more day on the beer chang, then you can convince your self some more.

of how much you know and understand

Have nice day on the piss