Surapong says government is ready to talk with PDRC

webfact

If she isn't going to resign, what does he have to gain?

What does PT have to gain then? Who in their right mind enters a negotiation on the precondition you have to resign beforehand?

A compromise along the lines of no Yingluck, with legislation on anti corruption is very much possible, as long as it is followed by fair democratic elections. Suthep needs to enter such negotiations and needs to make his peace that these elections will likely be won by PT.

The yellows are being left so far behind now. Their one last hope of military intervention is gone and the courts aren`t helping either. Its time for him to realise he`s a weakening hand and try and to get what he can. Luckily for normal people that compromise could be very beneficial and keep democracy in tact.

Thailand has a lot to gain if she resigns. The options of her staying on or Suthep's "People's Council" getting in will lead to a lot of carnage on one side or the other ... or probably both.

Yingluck resigning doesn't have to mean that Suthep gets what he wants.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone last week seemed to have predicted that after Suthep started targeting Thaksin's businesses, the government would be more open for discussions. Someone called it right. clap2.gif

they have been offering talks for weeks, months. Nothing new here. It is Suthep's brinkmanship and intransigence that make resolution and dialogue difficult

As long as remain wilfully blind to the principle of the protest, you will carry on thinking this is about negotiating something with this government other than its immediate resignation.

It's not too tough to figure out but apparently your agenda wants to prevail over the real world agenda of the protest.

Talk about making dialogue difficult, you have to at least listen to the other side.

And so just because somebody doesn't like your politics you can demand they resign... just because you asked them too.. what the heck planet does that come from...? The electoral process is the one currently in place ( though not sure for how long) and that is how it should be determined not by some idiot making demands and after amending the constitution to be less democratic,,, now is moving even farther away from the process... if they claim they want democracy then their are channels and processes.. if they don't want Democracy that is fine too and their prerogative..as with any sovereign nation...but to pretend to be for Democracy and abandon every aspect of that reeks of Oligarchy pure and simple... at the very least they should tell the truth... that they don't want democracy ../.. not abrogate it

Just because a hell of a lot of people don't like your family's corruption, they demand they resign.

The real issue for the Shins now is they have to do something. Just biding their time won't work.

They will be out on the 4th March. So they try threatening the EC will law suits, imprisonment etc

The violence level is suddenly increased as red shirt leaders openly applaud the murder of children and make threats about protecting the government, ignoring the caretaker bit.

The money to pay the farmers is needed this week - YL has publicly vowed they will be paid. Where will it come from?

Now offering talks, even though madame states she will not resign and hold on till the last minute.

All this talk of talks is bullshit. They've just got to try anything and everything to prolong their grip on power, avoid the dissolution of the caretaker regime, try and stop the NACC probes and keep the lids on all the boxes.

The caretaker government will be out next week if nothing changes. They will try claiming they should continue, its the fault of the EC, the CC and the NACC charges are biased etc etc etc. Finally they have to decide - fight or go. I hope they go, but someone I doubt it. Easy to skype instructions when its others taking all the risks.

• Like 2

first they wanted to arrest him and put him in jail..beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu ..........now they want to talk with him drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif ?

funny way to do politic saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCd.gif ...i am sure if this happen he will negociate his part of the cake and everything will continue as usual....corruption is like a virus..it end only when the body end.....and in thailand nobody is really fighting for these changes....like in many countries ..they all fight for power and money ...but never for their populations well being.

good day and good night

coffee1.gif

So you've gone over to the dark side. You're quite happy with the tactics of suthep of blocking the election until Yingluck resigns?

Why should she? The elections should be finished in a democratic way without hindrance from suthep, his mobs or the so called EC.

Then reforms can be discussed and suthep taken to court.

The elections should be finished in a democratic way

They weren't Democratic to start. And Yingluks refusal to resign is hindering Democratic elections.

That's right. The elections clearly reflected the will of the majority of Thailand's voters, but they didn't elect a Democrat, so they weren't Democratic.

Actually you are wrong, the election has not been completed, it is doubtful if they will be completed. And it is by no means certain that She will be re elected. So far it looks as if she will be catching a flight to Dubai to join her brother!

I was referring to the 2011 elections. Some undemocratic people prevented the recent elections from being completed.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

From the postings that you have been showing up here, I don't think you've ever border about the well being and the unity of Thailand. You have been reactionary, confrontational and a Thaksinphobic.

I have decided to put you in my rubbish bin.

You were assigned to my rubbish bin quite some posts back.

To date, I've not assigned anyone to my rubbish bin as I believe in being open minded and listening to all sides, no matter how bias or blinded they might be.

So I would like to ask - what happens when you assign someone to your rubbish bin? Are their posts automatically hidden from your view? Do you then have to dig around in the bin in order to read their posts?

The whole issue is pretty straightforward. The young and educated people are tired of a criminal dictator in Dubai running their country for 11 years and want it back.

Yes, sir.

As a Thai citizen who would like to see Thailand reformed before this hasty election that would bound to be the same corrupted dictatorship government team elected again. That does not mean its votes really are a true democracy as long as Thailand is controlled under despotism of Thugsin (puppeteer) and Yingluk (puppet).

Thugsin and his thugs cronies, Red thugs are violent and irrational. That type of Thai people can not be trusted at all.

Are you really Thai? Must be one of the uneducated ones, considering that you don't even know how to spell the name of one of your former prime ministers (by the way, it's Thaksin, not Thugsin). Since I'm feeling generous, the family name is Shinawatra but the "tra" is silent, so it's pronounced Shinawat.

Edit: By the way, you're a poor ambassador for Thailand, choosing the moniker that you did rather than something like (slum) KlongToeiBKK.

If she isn't going to resign, what does he have to gain?

What does PT have to gain then? Who in their right mind enters a negotiation on the precondition you have to resign beforehand?

A compromise along the lines of no Yingluck, with legislation on anti corruption is very much possible, as long as it is followed by fair democratic elections. Suthep needs to enter such negotiations and needs to make his peace that these elections will likely be won by PT.

The yellows are being left so far behind now. Their one last hope of military intervention is gone and the courts aren`t helping either. Its time for him to realise he`s a weakening hand and try and to get what he can. Luckily for normal people that compromise could be very beneficial and keep democracy in tact.

Thailand has a lot to gain if she resigns. The options of her staying on or Suthep's "People's Council" getting in will lead to a lot of carnage on one side or the other ... or probably both.

Yingluck resigning doesn't have to mean that Suthep gets what he wants.

Thailand also has a lot to gain if Suthep gives up. By him giving up, he takes away the main reason the reds are threatening to march on Bkk. That would be a good thing, no?

Suthep resigning doesn't mean that YL will remain PM.

The elections should be finished in a democratic way

They weren't Democratic to start. And Yingluks refusal to resign is hindering Democratic elections.

That's right. The elections clearly reflected the will of the majority of Thailand's voters, but they didn't elect a Democrat, so they weren't Democratic.

Actually you are wrong, the election has not been completed, it is doubtful if they will be completed. And it is by no means certain that She will be re elected. So far it looks as if she will be catching a flight to Dubai to join her brother!

I was referring to the 2011 elections. Some undemocratic people prevented the recent elections from being completed.

Probably because another bunch of undemocratic people are trying to usurp the power the elections might have given them for their own ends!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He said Yingluck does not want to cling to her premier position and does not want to fight to be a premier forever. But she wanted the election to proceed in line with the rules.

Resign Yingluck. Then elections will have a chance of continuing.

Why should she, she was elected and will probably be reelected?

Either you have democracy with all it's faults, or you let the army run things, like they do in Myanmar.

So the reds buy votes, so do all sides, it is just that the reds deal in cash.

Taksin was okay, but he upset the wrong people (the hoods) and you can't do that politics, anywhere. Now he works through his sister to run things, what's wrong with that?

Anyway this will run and run.......

You don't have democracy in Thailand, you merely have elections. Not the same thing. So many here don't seem to be able to understand that.

Thaksin was NOT OK as far as tens of millions of Thais are concerned (obviously, or you would not have all this trouble). He didn't just upset the "hoods" (I have no idea what that means); he upset tens of millions of ordinary Thai citizens, and not just the "elites" (I find it very odd that his supporters here do not consider the extremely rich Shinawatra clan as part of the "elites" themselves).

Thaksin was an autocratic, corrupt, arrogant, self-serving megalomaniac. Yingluck is, in Thaksin's own words, his "clone". This is what the PDRC is fighting against. This is why Yingluck should resign so there can be the beginning of some sort of resolution to this terrible situation.

• Like 1

He said Yingluck does not want to cling to her premier position and does not want to fight to be a premier forever. But she wanted the election to proceed in line with the rules.

Either you have democracy with all it's faults, or you let the army run things, like they do in Myanmar.

Taksin was okay, but he upset the wrong people (the hoods) and you can't do that politics, anywhere. Now he works through his sister to run things, what's wrong with that?

You don't have democracy in Thailand, you merely have elections. Not the same thing. So many here don't seem to be able to understand that.

Thaksin was NOT OK as far as tens of millions of Thais are concerned (obviously, or you would not have all this trouble). He didn't just upset the "hoods" (I have no idea what that means); he upset tens of millions of ordinary Thai citizens, and not just the "elites" (I find it very odd that his supporters here do not consider the extremely rich Shinawatra clan as part of the "elites" themselves).

Thaksin was an autocratic, corrupt, arrogant, self-serving megalomaniac. Yingluck is, in Thaksin's own words, his "clone". This is what the PDRC is fighting against. This is why Yingluck should resign so there can be the beginning of some sort of resolution to this terrible situation.

I checked three definitions of democracy and elections seem to be pretty important:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/democracy

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/democracy?q=democracy

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/democracy?q=democracy

Regarding the rest, I'm reminded of a comedy routine I heard years ago, I think by Wanda Sykes: "There was an election in Washington D.C. and they elected a convicted crackhead as mayor! Who ran against this guy? How bad do you have to be to lose an election to a crackhead?"

I agree Thaksin and Yingluck are pretty bad. The Democrats should be asking themselves why the voters think they're worse. They might improve their image if they started acting more democratic.

• Like 1

Thailand also has a lot to gain if Suthep gives up. By him giving up, he takes away the main reason the reds are threatening to march on Bkk. That would be a good thing, no?

If Suthep gave up and went home, why would Yingluck resign?

Why does she need to resign? Because a bunch of undemocratic people who haven't won an election in over 20 years want to grab power with their unelected and self-selected people's council?

• Like 1

And it all goes on and on and on.....................

the yellows for what ever reason following the Idiot Suthep, the divine and divisive leader

into the hole he is digging for them on the road to hell.

The reds are a match for you Bangkok arrogant yellow sheep.

and when they show you just a little offering, you claim foul.

But boys you are f....ed see you after the end game!!!!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

Forgot to take your medication?

• Like 1

Why does she need to resign? Because a bunch of undemocratic people who haven't won an election in over 20 years want to grab power with their unelected and self-selected people's council?

...and reform the system, turn it over to new elections and step down (you seem to have missed a bit).

...and reform the system, turn it over to new elections and step down (you seem to have missed a bit).

Says who? Did we have a national referendum to ask the Thai people if they even want these reforms? And what would those reforms be? I saw a list of 7-8 points once, including ending corruption, reforming the education system, election system, police force, etc. before elections, which are however unachievable in this lifetime.

If the reforms are so important, why didn't Suthep and Abhisit implement them while in office last time? Or at they suddenly not needed anymore once you have power?

• Like 1

He upset "the hood"? seriously? i'll give you the vote buying, since this is a third world country. Taksin's government has taken vote buying to the next level. Imagine this, obabma taking money from the citizen and using that money to give it to the lower class through health care and social welfare reforms, see how many people are upset. Now, in Thailand the government takes money from tue citizens, say they are going to help the poor but actually are helping themselves, hence the mass corruption and the missing farmer's money. They can't sell the rice, because that would expose them for the liars they are, so delay delay delay.

• Like 1

Thailand needs dialogue to stop the ongoing violence, before more damage is done. Then it needs a very deep reform, much deeper than Suthep and his clan ever dreamed about, subjects: corruption, violence, poverty, development BKK vs. rest of Thailand, army, police, education, electoral system....etc

Our opinions on the internet as expats can also be helpful to promote dialogue and solutions, better than vomiting the usual biased comments, the situation is really serious and people are dying, real people like me and you. https://www.facebook.com/Thailandstopthehate

Edited by aripengu
  • Like 2

No, because she is corrupt, a puppet of her brother, and is surround by mafia thugs who are stealing the country blind.

• Like 2

Please tell me what Suthep would have to lose by talking.

Loose the ability to promote himself as a democrat when in reality he wants no such thing. Such negotiations will show a terrible loss of face for him and mark the end of his moment in the spotlight.

Sadly people like himself will keep going until others force their hand, he won`t voluntarily compromise.

Then the only outcome to this will inevitably be more violence on the streets.

By the way, stay safe everyone. I wouldn't recommend going rally sites to sample the "carnival" atmosphere.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Someone last week seemed to have predicted that after Suthep started targeting Thaksin's businesses, the government would be more open for discussions. Someone called it right. clap2.gif

they have been offering talks for weeks, months. Nothing new here. It is Suthep's brinkmanship and intransigence that make resolution and dialogue difficult

The government even had the police put forth charges of rebelion, terrorism and whatever and press the courts to please issue arrest warrants. All just to make sure k. Suthep will be available to hear what k. 'shiny new passport for Thaksin' Surapong has to say.

If you were not economical with the truth your posts on this topic would read differently! You conveniently forget to include that the caretaker government has always stated preconditions. If one day they agree to unconditional talks then there will undoubtedly be a genuine response from the various opposition groups. Negotiations require that both sides concede equally if a mutually agreeable consensus it to be reached, having started on a level playing field.

Its much simpler than that actually.

Yingluck must step down and walk away - then they can talk about the matter of the needed reforms.

• Like 1