Darasamouth School

osmar

Thai curriculum taught via English. EP= English Programme

So the big question is, do you want your kid(s) taught Thai curriculum with minimal information about anything outside of Thailand, or do you want an international education where children actually learn there is something outside of Thailand?

• Like 2

So the big question is, do you want your kid(s) taught Thai curriculum with minimal information about anything outside of Thailand, or do you want an international education where children actually learn there is something outside of Thailand?

Therein lies the balance. Let them learn what they have to at sakool, then when they get home, deprogram them a la scientology and show them the world. You cannot stop them from being turned into stepford children at their schools (rote etc etc).

My son is analytical, asks tons of questions and his favorite book is a large graphic filled science dictionary. He knows more about what is inside that book than the god awful p2 curriculum given to Thais.

Anyways, open your children's eyes with questions and they will be ok, irrespective of where they go to school at.

• Like 1

Therein lies the balance. Let them learn what they have to at sakool, then when they get home, deprogram them a la scientology and show them the world. You cannot stop them from being turned into stepford children at their schools (rote etc etc).

My son is analytical, asks tons of questions and his favorite book is a large graphic filled science dictionary. He knows more about what is inside that book than the god awful p2 curriculum given to Thais.

Anyways, open your children's eyes with questions and they will be ok, irrespective of where they go to school at.

Which EP school would you suggest?

Well, gag me with a spoon, but, Kajonkiet in Kathu has improved quite a bit with their curriculum and some teachers are staying longer than usual. At 60k a term x 2, it is expensive, but ok.

I tutor kids from there, I tutor kids from BIS and from QSI. I really see no difference in their level of knowledge year compared to year.

Save the bucks and send them to Kajon Kathu.

Over the years I have been extremely critical of Kajonkiet, but gotta give credit where credit is due. I judge them by what I hear and see from my private students, so take it with a grain of salt.

My son goes to the ESC, same school but by Villa 5. Wife and I both have to deprogram him a bit on a daily basis. thumbsup.gif 30k a term. But then he has me, apps, internet, tablets and does study the real world.

And the poor guy has to do sit ups in class, as opposed to being spanked, like the other kids. clap2.gif (That is another story, another topic).

• Like 1

You seem to forget, most of what kids learn throughout their life is from HOME

schools are useless to life untill you turn about 13-14. Before that theres absolutely nothing of value learned or retained for most kids. I know a few kids that remember 5th grade geography and such but most DONT. Most will learn everything again and more with games/tv/movies/spending time with parents.

You could browse the /science on reddit for 2 days straight and learn more than i l earned in my whole life @ private schools.

Schools should be used to socialize children.

Of course around 13-14 thats when you might get economics class and more advance science so an international school is probably better for most unless the parent is pretty good at that stuff and really into it on a everday basis.

It's kind of sad that this topic turned into shit with the irish bargirl enthusiast (not attacking, its just all he talks about in every thread) blaming everything on money. I make 3300b/hr how am i basing this on money?

Which kid will have a better life?

Parent working 40+ a week to afford international school. Tired on weekends and weeknights

Parent working 15-20hrs a week waiting for older age to enroll. Tons of restaurant outing/sport/beach and parent supervision for homeworks?

As i keep saying a dumb kid will have a shitty job in the future regardless of schooling and a clever kid will be able to get a good job regardless of the school chosen. Whats important is making sure you teach them the important stuff and that they are good in society's limits. Most successful thai people went to EP schools so there's no ABSOLUTE NEED for an international school.

Seems like some people think that buyin a mercedes for the rich admins gives them a big phallus or something.

• Like 1

Also i would like to point out that im canadian and my governement gave me my high school diploma while i received 42% on my final language test. I passed everything else with good grades but i didnt not learn a single grammar rule.

So the insults of 'you need to go back home or you are a disgusting human being' are completely retarded. My own government let me pass with a failing grade in the MOST IMPORTANT SUBJECT

My two step daughters been going there for the past 3 years...no complaints they are doing well there..exept to far from Rawai...

good school by thai standard altought they do get alot of teacher days off and a loooong 2.5 month summer break as well..

clean safe and the school puts the fear of god into them a bit as well...

I had conferance with one of the nuns when they first started and i was shaking in my sandles.....ooooy