Aircard options

Deserted

Hi all, I got the (Speedy) DTAC 5 Gig limit, 24mps per second option at around 900 baht a month late last year. In truth, its difficult to watch anything streaming as the signal drops too often, also uploading is almost impossible and generally the speed is much slower than I expected. It's not just about where I stay is this is the case wherever I go. Has anyone else had similar problems? What's my best option for that sort of price per month?

Not sure why your dtac would not work well. If your using the trinet sim for air card get the 7GB package

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/postpaid/products/aircard-tablet-unlimited.html

If you do a manual connection on a laptop check and make sure it is in proper mode - have them use it in a laptop at a real dtac outlet and run the software to check the modes it is seeing.

I use the dtac post pay 7GB trinet aircard sim and it works great everywhere - In fact it was just today I canceled my true 5GB sim that was only 100 baht cheaper - the reason is they block apps and international speed was <300k most the time with or without 3G limit used up and streaming like Hulu with proxy etc was buffering more then my dtac 2G connection would after 3G was gone. The true sim to Bangkok was 14mb often with low ping but 280k to the west coast and 360ms ping - limited,choked, and cheated international connection I would say.

I used both true and dtac cards for 5 months to see which was really going to work and when. I found that the true is not worth the post paid aircard sim, but the the dtac trinet sim is great - With dtac even when I ran out of 3G it would work better then the true 3G on international connections almost every time. True is only concerned about the Thai Intranet and not the WWW. This is not just once but over and over during the 5 months I had both.

On the other hand I can torrent and p2p with dtac - not that I do more then a linux iso or something once in a while but at least it is not app blocked and limited to .5k - I have never been able to torrent or p2p with true, the last iso I did I started on true and was blocked so I switched aircards and got a 11mb download with dtac and had my iso done in a few minutes. Windows updates via true was a waste of time and bandwidth, if out of 3G on dtac I would use it to get them done faster then true 3G did - why pay for 3G if it is only going to run at 128-200k outside of Thailand no matter what you do - Thanks to CAT I would guess but still trues fault - they wanted it this way.

Make sure your getting 3G speeds and not locked down - at first with dtac I found like other during the startup of trinet that I had a problem of the sim not detecting the 2100 signal - once fixed by replacing the bad sim it has been just great.

I like having two cards so I may give AIS a go here or maybe just another dtac sim for the old true card - this dtac sim works in the old true card too so that is an option if I can get the use cycle two weeks a part it would be great.

I completely true free at this point - no true visions or true sims anymore. No going to miss a thing.

I would do a manual connection to 2100 (52005) from the software and it would disconnect but still say it was connected to 3g and then run 2g speed - so the easy way if you don't know how to do all that would be go into a dtac outlet like the mall and have a dtac person run tests with your sim card - even if I explained to them what I saw they had to prove it to themselves anyway and they then fixed my problem by issuing a new sim card for my aircard. Now works great.