Thai AirAsia stresses it does not have ties with Shinawatra Family

webfact

This is quite similar to those people who FART in a room full of people and immediately say "I didn't do that" - same same but different

Crawling like a crab sideways to protect themselves from what could get to be quite an ugly money war in Thailand soon enough - there are a lot of marginal Thai money people about to lose their proverbial shirts.

This is how the real money stays in power in Thailand – create the duress to knock those with marginal amounts in the bank aside and scoop up all the properties and business in the wake of the turmoil.

I wouldn't put it past Thaksin himself to be behind all of this to bring the people down that kicked him about and had him go into exile.

"AirAsia’s interests in Thailand are held by AirAsia Aviation, the largest shareholder in which is Shin Corp, controlled by the family of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/4437-airasia-takes-to-the-skies/

Is it still 2003 where you're living?

Most of us around here are living in 2014.

Shin Corp. doesn't even exist anymore. The assets were acquired by InTouch.

The last remaining shares in Shin Corp. were sold by Thaksin in 2006, which is 8 years ago.

Edited by ShannonT

I think this is an excellent tactic.

Lets bring down all Thailands top companies aside from those in the "old elite" allowing them to get even richer and regain their stranglehold of the Thai economy. That`ll show em wink.png (not that it will work in any shape or form)

Can`t even see themselves as the pawns they are. biggrin.png

To be fair at least they have finally got a new tactic to walking the streets shaking a money box like some kind of charity walk.

TVGerry is totally brainwashed. Never thought foreigners could fall for Suthep's lies.

That's hilarious coming from you.

..follow the money and see who gains from these "attacks". Would anyone be surprised where that trail leads?

Come on dude, you haven't even noticed you are in the wrong thread!!

Please stop just posting something and start paying to the topic.

THREAD--he didn't COTTON on that's allcheesy.gif

Bad puns SEW give me the NEEDLE. coffee1.gif

I think this is an excellent tactic.

Lets bring down all Thailands top companies aside from those in the "old elite" allowing them to get even richer and regain their stranglehold of the Thai economy. That`ll show em wink.png (not that it will work in any shape or form)

Can`t even see themselves as the pawns they are. biggrin.png

To be fair at least they have finally got a new tactic to walking the streets shaking a money box like some kind of charity walk.

TVGerry is totally brainwashed. Never thought foreigners could fall for Suthep's lies.

Careful Mr Shannon! A bit of pot calling the Takki kettle black? thumbsup.gifwai.gif

At one point, Thaksin owned almost 50% of Air Asia. I would double check, if he is out of it, before believing the Air Asia Announcement.

That was another conflict of interest...owning almost half of Air Asia and then slowly demolishing Thai Airlines, the Government owned, once profitable corporation.

One thing that baffles me is, that Thai politicians don't even try very hard to hide their corrupt practices. I think, the US and Canadian Politicians, are just as corrupt, but they are doing a lot better job hiding it.

I did like the one commercial I seen on Blueskychannel.tv today, that showed some Government offical receiving the "brown envelope" from another person. Meanwhile a subordinate watches this and when the offical comes to give him the paper to process, the subordinate rips up the paper and the whole office is pointing their finger at the corrupt boss.

Commercials like that go a long ways in having the public stand up against corruption and actually exposing it at all levels.

Corruption is a cancer that festers in every level of society here. In the end, nobody really benefits from it. We all loose! wai2.gif

Top uk corruption advisor tony Blair was in Thailand last year passing on his tips of course for a small fee

• Like 1