Goophone i5S: is it any good?

arminbkk

Has anyone bought one of those phones, the Goophone i5S, either here in Thailand (if so, where?) or online from China?

What is your experience with the phone? How much was it?

My brother-in-law wants me to order it from China for him, for use in Europe. Anyone had experience with using it in Europe, or does anyone know of such experience?

It is supposed to be a very good copy of the iPhone 5s, but running on Android.

I once saw a Chinese copy of an iPhone 4, bought from Laos. Playing around with it I noticed that most was in Chinese, would be obvious I know, and that the Playstore did not work. That phone also ‘died’ after only 5 days.

The only thread on Chinese phones that I could find here on TV was this one: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/628765-china-phone/?p=6243357&hl=%2Bgoophone

Thanks.

As seen as you need some information, here is a link where you can find the phone you look for:

http://thaisuperphone.com/shop/superphone/default.aspx?page=productgallery&url=superphone&category=0061〈=TH

But... forewarned is forearmed!

A friend of mine did buy the phone, and besides the visuals and the casing imitating almost perfectly the original product, the phone specs are surely low, and the phone is just an ordinary China Android 4.2 one.

Of course no Apple store or iTunes, only Play Store Google (of course).

I also doubt any warranty is given.

Said all that: I'd avoid it like the plague.

As seen as you need some information, here is a link where you can find the phone you look for:

http://thaisuperphone.com/shop/superphone/default.aspx?page=productgallery&url=superphone&category=0061〈=TH

A friend of mine did buy the phone, and besides the visuals and the casing imitating almost perfectly the original product, the phone specs are surely low, and the phone is just an ordinary China Android 4.2 one.

Thanks!

Am I to assume that is the Goophone i5S?

Thanks!

Am I to assume that is the Goophone i5S?

Yes the link I sent you is for the i5S.

Better be safe than sorry, remember that to your brother-in-law. ;)

@newcomer71 Thanks.

I reminded him that it might look like an iPhone 5s, but that it is just a Chinese copy and that its specifications are lower than those of the iPhone.

He still insists he wants it.

Needless to say I told him the risk is all his biggrin.png

Better buy a well recognized chinese phone instead of these cheap knockoffs. You can't show off with a copy telephone, unless you believe it is real deal smile.png

I surely agree, but the OP specified that his brother-in-law is the one fixated on that model, so: glad he, pleased all ;)