Walen School of Spanish

MacWalen

it surely does, it is the second most widely spoken language in the world after English.... so you can make the count wink.png\

Not that it matters, but by most accounts it's number four after Mandarin, English and Hindustani (Hindi and closely related variants such as Urdu).

Population wise you are more than correct! even so, been on the 4th place deserves the trying! dont you think?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you speak Thai Andrea, so you can make life easy for Thai folk learning this language ?

Hello Transam,

Actually the method we use at Walen School is called direct, so it doesnt affect the student if the teacher doesnt speak their native language. this method It sought to immerse the learner in the same way as when a first language is learnt. All teaching is done in the target language, grammar is taught inductively, there is a focus on speaking and listening, and only useful ‘everyday' language is taught.

if you have any other question, feel free to contact us! and we are looking forward to have you in the school!

feliz dia!

I need to learn English first, and I am English..........whistling.gif ................laugh.png

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Most threads involving MacWalen are worth reading just for the reactions they seem to prompt!

Learning a language is alway a worthwhile endeavour, so good luck to any of you who take the plunge. Picturing the lovely Andrea should double the enrollment figures - even in Bangkok a city with a surfeit of beautiful women!

It is surely worth the reading.

learning a new language has a lot of advantages as you said, thanks for the compliment as well! its really appreciated. How's your Spanish??? wink.png

Sadly my Spanish never got beyond 'Buenos Diaz' and 'Feliz Navidad' following a Christmas on Gran Canaria, I can speak Welsh though and as both are about the same amount of use to a resident of Bangkok, maybe we could trade lessons! My wife could teach you Thai as well so you come out ahead!!

• Like 1

Most threads involving MacWalen are worth reading just for the reactions they seem to prompt!

Learning a language is alway a worthwhile endeavour, so good luck to any of you who take the plunge. Picturing the lovely Andrea should double the enrollment figures - even in Bangkok a city with a surfeit of beautiful women!

learning a new language has a lot of advantages as you said, thanks for the compliment as well! its really appreciated. How's your Spanish??? wink.png

Totally agree, perhaps learning Thai would have more advantages considering we live in Thailand than learning Spanish

Totally agree, perhaps learning Thai would have more advantages considering we live in Thailand than learning Spanish

truths to that! be fluent in Thai will make your life easier to get around. thats not doubt about it.

One post commenting on moderation, one flame and several off topic posts or replies have been removed.

I studied Spanish for two full years in high school and they used rote learning, learning 100 words a week and being tested on them. When I studied for my TESOL/TEFL certification the instructors taught the Direct method and it certainly was superior to the rote method and a very powerful technique IMO. The very first day of certification training the instructor came in and started the entire discussion in Japanese. By the end of the one hour session we could have some basic conversation among ourselves in Japanese. He was showing us directly how the method worked and it was impressive.

Somebody should probably proof read the teacher's post. I know Spanish is probably her primary language but incorrect grammar and spelling errors in any language do not look good for a language school.

The teachers uniform fixes all of that stuff chum...wub.png

Somebody should probably proof read the teacher's post. I know Spanish is probably her primary language but incorrect grammar and spelling errors in any language do not look good for a language school.

Ever had a look in the teachers forum at posts of English teachers ?

it surely does, it is the second most widely spoken language in the world after English.... so you can make the count wink.png\

Not that it matters, but by most accounts it's number four after Mandarin, English and Hindustani (Hindi and closely related variants such as Urdu).

You're confusing total number of speakers with most widely spoken. In terms of numbers of countries across the globe where Spanish is spoken as the primary language, I would expect it to be second after English.

You're confusing total number of speakers with most widely spoken. In terms of numbers of countries across the globe where Spanish is spoken as the primary language, I would expect it to be second after English.

And you would expect wrong.

English 59 countries

French 29

Arabic 26

Spanish 21

Again, but by different criteria, Spanish comes out at #4.

Walen School of Spanish will give free demo lessons next Monday at Walen Sukhumvit at 5 pm, anybody interested? We have an incredible teaching method. Satisfaction guaranteed.

The Spanish free trial class was a success! the people who joined yesterday seemed to enjoy a lot, and most importantly they left the class remembering some words in Spanish!

Walen School of Spanish will give free demo lessons next Monday at Walen Sukhumvit at 5 pm, anybody interested? We have an incredible teaching method. Satisfaction guaranteed.

The Spanish free trial class was a success! the people who joined yesterday seemed to enjoy a lot, and most importantly they left the class remembering some words in Spanish!

So, you will be trying it out in Chiang Mai soon? thumbsup.gif

And you would expect wrong.

English 59 countries

French 29

Arabic 26

Spanish 21

Again, but by different criteria, Spanish comes out at #4.

I was reading lately about it and from some sources the most spoken languages in the world are Chinese (Mandarin) with 935 million native speakers, follow by Spanish with 387 million native speakers and then English with 365.

Anyways, theres so many sources out there with diferent information, the point here was that it is very worth trying to learn it. Spanish is without any doubt a very important language all over the world and it will have a lot of advantages if you can speak it. ;)

Thankyou for sharing the information and photo about the Walen School of Spanish.

Is Andrea demonstrating the Spanish method of counting to four on her fingers?

I am hoping to do a trip to Rio De Janeiro next year. This course might be perfect for me to learn the lingo they speak there. What do you think? Maybe Andrea could accompany me as a sign language interpreter?

They speak Portugese in Rio , so unless for the deaf, Andrea will be of not much help.

If somebody wants to learn Portuguese, let me know....I can do even online...

• Like 1

when will you organize your next free class?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

We have free demo lessons today, friday and next coming week monday, wendsday and friday. at 5pm at sukhumvit Walen school.

Looking forward to see you in the class

Hello Everyone!

We are having more free Spanish demo lessons this friday and next week - Mon, Wed and Fri at 5pm at Walen School of Languages!!! The method is amazing! come and try it out! you will see how effective it is! Hasta la vista!

post-203168-0-81007800-1394618540_thumb.

Edited by andreabuitrago