I guess you have never seen roadside urine drug test. I have.

Loles

This is a very common practice where I live in Issan.

I feel it is the most honorable thing Thai police do.......trying to stop the ya baa problem.

The big "loop hole " in the program is that females are never tested.

Ya baa use by females can be very high.

Many who work all night dancing or entertaining in bars rely on ya baa to "keep them going".

They too should be peeing in the bottle!

Do you have a problem with those girls using yabaa.. seems no problems come from it they just dance more.

Could be mate could be but to be honest with all the anti drug propaganda I am not so sure. I come from a country where a lot of stuff was used and we never had the problems the USA had. It is not long ago the USA also completely demonized weed and now its good properties for cancers come up. So I don't always believe what is printed. I havent seen many people looking like those pics who use yabaa here.. actually considering the wide spread use you hardly see any addicts.

Buses from Chiang Mai and other places north are always stopped. Any non-ethnic Thais are pulled off and questioned. The questioning often involves a urine test. I imagine if that was me I would feel discriminated against.

Could be mate could be but to be honest with all the anti drug propaganda I am not so sure. I come from a country where a lot of stuff was used and we never had the problems the USA had. It is not long ago the USA also completely demonized weed and now its good properties for cancers come up. So I don't always believe what is printed. I havent seen many people looking like those pics who use yabaa here.. actually considering the wide spread use you hardly see any addicts.

You're just mixing with a better, healthier slice of the population.

Head down to Klong Toei slums after midnight, some pretty desperate folk hanging about.

I've done some work with Fr Joe's and met lots of very sorry cases, many good people, just a slave to the pipe.

Glue sniffing too, you can see the mental capacity plummet - permanently - in just a few weeks.

We're not talking natural herbs here.

You're just mixing with a better, healthier slice of the population.

Head down to Klong Toei slums after midnight, some pretty desperate folk hanging about.

I've done some work with Fr Joe's and met lots of very sorry cases, many good people, just a slave to the pipe.

Glue sniffing too, you can see the mental capacity plummet - permanently - in just a few weeks.

We're not talking natural herbs here.

Done my share of xtc in the past back in the old country and had many friends doing the same like once twice a month. Not much problems to be seen all had normal jobs and such.

Anyway I do believe there are those who end up badly, but you got those that end up badly from alcohol too. But if you look how wide spread use is.. then if it was so super bad you would see loads more of the real desperate people. That is my view anyway. Not saying its a healthy thing.. but its also not as bad as some people make it out to be.

Sure alc is a far worse problem from a macro POV.

Meth is physically very addictive, with physically very damaging side effects, chronic sleep deprivation, stop eating, no comparison to MDMA.

I would not know.. never done meth. So i take your word for it.

And I would not mind getting tested at all got nothing to hide. Though here it seems users are targeted more as the sellers (normal in other countries though USA might be targeting users too ?

Anyway its not like back home and I accept that does not mean i change my views how i think about stuff.. I just don't use it.

Being forced to Urinate in public is an affront to a persons diginity.

It surely must be a basic human right to not have to do this.

Where could it go from here...women having to do the same?

Whether or not people consider this 'normal for Thailand' & therefore ok, isn't the point.

• Like 1

This was normal and you were too sensitive.

Thanks for the first comment.

Do you mean is it normal every-where or normal in Asia, or normal in Thailand ?

He's just saying your guessing is not that accurate

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't think this has anything to do with "basic human rights".

Certainly such procedures would violate the rights citizens enjoy in most of our home countries.

However the voters of Thailand seem to feel that the government and police should have much greater rights than what we grant ours, and don't seem to think the rights of individuals are as important.

And that is of course their right.

Most Thais I know were fully supportive of Thaksin's campaign of extra-judicial killings of drug dealers a few years ago. Even when I pointed out it was most likely that only those competing against the police-mafia-connected dealers were those killed, they felt it was a good job done removing at least some of the garbage from society.

Face it, things are different here, and not our place to say the way we handle things back home is actually any "better".

I am pro drugs, but that just does not work here. I am not sure if this is legal or not but I would not argue with a guy with a gun. I am pretty sure they would not test people in the more upscale cars and such. It might really be against the law to do it like this but the lower class does not have the cloud to challenge them anyway and neither have most foreigners.

They took two of my staff out of road side food place walking over to the BMW and let them pee....both negative.

Motorbike guy had to pay because positive a week later.

prohibit drugs doesn't work.....the only way to take money out of it is to make it legal. It would destroy the drug mafia over night....But you may increase the salary of the police if you destroy their side business.

They have over 20000 road deaths every year, and some farang PC guy moans about "human rights" when they have a pee test.

The brainwashing in the West is really beyond belief.

Do I take it then that you think the Police should have a free reign to do whatever they want?

And justify their methods with a crime prevention arguement?

I'm in complete agreement of the bib doing roadside tests, but why not shelter the blokes penis, so people can't see it?

They have over 20000 road deaths every year, and some farang PC guy moans about "human rights" when they have a pee test.

The brainwashing in the West is really beyond belief.

I'm in complete agreement of the bib doing roadside tests, but why not shelter the blokes penis, so people can't see it?

who cares ? its only a few cocks .....

if the police are happy to let passing motorists see peoples knobs thats up to them

and their shambles way of running things .......

This is a very common practice where I live in Issan.

I feel it is the most honorable thing Thai police do.......trying to stop the ya baa problem.

The big "loop hole " in the program is that females are never tested.

Ya baa use by females can be very high.

Many who work all night dancing or entertaining in bars rely on ya baa to "keep them going".

They too should be peeing in the bottle!

NOT many, who work all night dancing .....

BUT most of, almost every-one who work all night dancing ....

use it.

When they want to come down from yabaa they start to drink (a lot) beer to assist their sleep.

This was normal and you were too sensitive.

Thanks for the first comment.

Do you mean is it normal every-where or normal in Asia, or normal in Thailand ?

He's just saying your guessing is not that accurate

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You are right, sorry.

• 4 months later...

Right or wrong, you're talking about a country where people piss behind bus stops or five meters away from the front door of a 7-Eleven. That says something about the standard of privacy here. I.e., the people probably weren't very offended.

You must be talking about France, Spain, or Italy. Ever been?

'nuff said

~

Next stage. For those who cannot or refuse to piss there will be a used cow milking device provided. Complete with a target volume of not less than 10 liters. Than you may come and complain. laugh.png

funny you mention this I believe Mr Toad is looking for a device exactly like this to milk some Greek Badgers

Right or wrong, you're talking about a country where people piss behind bus stops or five meters away from the front door of a 7-Eleven. That says something about the standard of privacy here. I.e., the people probably weren't very offended.

You must be talking about France, Spain, or Italy. Ever been?

'nuff said

~

The French Spanish and Italians members of TV are happy to associated to say you'r a moron coffee1.gif

OK in Bangkok they pull people over at random to check for drugs in the urine.

So in the South why don't they pull people over and check for separatists with guns?!? I think Jihadi separatists shooting monks, women, and children is more of a problem than yaba or marijuana.

• Like 1

I remember years ago they p tested everybody in Lucifers on Walking Street took hours. If the test includes benzo's whicn many take on flights to sleep then I'd be p'd off if they took me away. How about SSRI' s or tricyclic's which many take for depression. Codeiene is an opiate and can be bought in many UK pharmacies.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Welcome to the 3rd world. At least we are here by choice... As I have seen it, the Army has taken over a lot of the polices criminal activities, for themselves. The police, in turn, are desperate for new shake downs to refills there recently emptied pockets. While the army is in charge (and taken over the big drug, gambling and human trafficking rackets) the police will be running around trying to scrape up crumbs.