Bangkok: Clashes break out between PDRC guards, unknown group late Tuesday night

webfact

Definitely not the army or Suthep's mafia friends from the south. No way. They were too busy threatening women in shopping centers and young children.

Saw these guys last week when visiting a friend in the Rama IV area opposite Lumphini.

What a nasty looking bunch, unbelievable !

Where did they find these guys, Klong Prem prison ?

Indeed, all they seemed to be doing was staring and hollering at the women passing by and giving everybody else the dirty look.

I might be wrong of course, they might be lovely people for all I know, but they did not give me that impression.

Funny but I pass them daily and they don't seem to be doing anything you say they're doing. Perhaps you're getting a little feeble minded and mistaking the nice protestors in 2010 to the ones today?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Land of smile shooting and killing !

Bye bye tourists, this will harm Thailand for many years.

errr...frogshit....it never does, look at all the other episodes and dramas in this country and it keeps coming back within 2 years.

There is definitely something in the water here ...

Whatever hocus pocus spell Thailand emanates over the world, its a shame it keeps on working as they definitely do not deserve any of it.

Couldn't agree more.

I love Thailand, but the ignorance of so many here does grind after a while.

The economy is booming yet I see a work ethic and attitude that often sucks. Thailand is blessed with a climate and landscape that most countries can only dream off, and some of the most beautiful women on the planet.

However they are doing their best to destroy the environment with the "get rich quick" attitude.

And as you say, despite numerous crises, the tourist keep flocking. The result is that nobody sees the need to change anything.

In the long run this will ensure their downfall ....

Police chief Adul is agree with gen Prayuth, the terrorist who carry attack against civilian were the same group involved in the 2010 incident.

For remember, this launch grenade to people who oppose UDD in 2010

In 2010 the grenades where launched FROM the red/black Shirts!

In 2014 the grenades are launched TO the PDRC!!!

I agree I just look I make a mistake in sentence " for remember this launch was against people who oppose UDD in 2010"

I type so quickly...

Edited by than

Police chief Adul is agree with gen Prayuth, the terrorist who carry attack against civilian were the same group involved in the 2010 incident.

For remember, this launch grenade to people who oppose UDD in 2010

In 2010 the grenades where launched FROM the red/black Shirts!

In 2014 the grenades are launched TO the PDRC!!!

Some analyst tell "that terrorist group is likely loyal to TAKSIN and it is a fanatic branch of his follower"

Bangkok is still one of the safest places there is especially for tourists who are most warmly welcomed. I feel Thai people in Bangkok Shutdown are more friendly and looking for more fun than usual. Last night so many tourists in Patphong and Thaniya and for me I can no longer tell the difference between bombs and giant firecrackers as there was lots of BANGS 4 sure but going home I saw no damage anywhere and so I still do not know what is 4 real but I do know they love their firecrackers

2 hours of gunfire and nobody hurt (thank god).

Sounds like a gang of thugs with no training.

Not really, been there done that, real life isn't like xbox "Call of Duty" especially being on a two way range and the targets are firing back.

You'd be quite surprised at the ammo expended/kill ratio during a firefight, and unless your enemy is dumb enough to stand out in the open and not move, then using iron sights at night, against enemy in cover shooting back at you, then for sure 2 hours can go pass very quickly indeed, and so can the ammo!! also depends on the fire discipline, no point in blatting off hundreds of rounds when you could be there for a while.

During one contact in Iraq in 2006, my team fired 10,000 rounds in less than 45 minutes, cant say for sure of our shots fired/kill ratio, we never got the chance to check pulses!!

Real life gun battles are &lt;deleted&gt; all like the movies!! (closest I've seen to real life experiences is "lone survivor" )

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

2 hours of gunfire and nobody hurt (thank god).

Sounds like a gang of thugs with no training.

...and the police were where? Cowering in a karaoke bar no doubt.

If you were a policeman would you go to the aid of the protestors who killed two of their collegues last week? I'd be damned if I would. Especially since the courts have tied their hands behind their backs. This is what happens when you pick a fight with the police.

Definitely not the army or Suthep's mafia friends from the south. No way. They were too busy threatening women in shopping centers and young children.

Saw these guys last week when visiting a friend in the Rama IV area opposite Lumphini.

Indeed, all they seemed to be doing was staring and hollering at the women passing by and giving everybody else the dirty look.

I might be wrong of course, they might be lovely people for all I know, but they did not give me that impression.

Funny but I pass them daily and they don't seem to be doing anything you say they're doing. Perhaps you're getting a little feeble minded and mistaking the nice protestors in 2010 to the ones today?

Maybe it's because you're wearing your popcorn vendor heroes t-shirt Gerry?? ;)

Just because you personally don't observe something, doesn't make it in less credible mate, you should know that ;)

How on earth could Pops mistake the security guards in the Rama IV area for the protestors in 2010? A silly statement attempting to ridicule another Thaivisa member.

Interesting that. I know a woman who went to the protests and was met with a lot of warmth. She commented on the gaiety and fun atmosphere and told me that these people were a lovely bunch of souls. I do not think that the libelous post above rings true. Could you give any evidence of women (plural) and children (plural) being threatened? Or were you referring to the 4 children gunned down and bombed by Thaksin supporters? Indeed, weapons of war have been used by those very people you support against a protest movement who are by and large peaceful and unarmed people. I am so sorry that right wingers on this board continue to wage Thaksin's propaganda war for him, Happily it won't wash with most intelligent and right thinking people.

Maybe it's because you're wearing your popcorn vendor heroes t-shirt Gerry?? wink.png

Just because you personally don't observe something, doesn't make it in less credible mate, you should know that wink.png

TV Gerry's post always seem to support Thaksin, hence his post will be biased. I think people should at least try and take a balanced view but I know that's difficult when the big boss in Dubai is charismatic. Sadly for TVGerry, Mr Thaksin's time is coming to an end and once that happens Thai people can spend the next 20 years repairing the damage.

Maybe it's because you're wearing your popcorn vendor heroes t-shirt Gerry?? wink.png

Just because you personally don't observe something, doesn't make it in less credible mate, you should know that wink.png

TV Gerry's post always seem to support Thaksin, hence his post will be biased. I think people should at least try and take a balanced view but I know that's difficult when the big boss in Dubai is charismatic. Sadly for TVGerry, Mr Thaksin's time is coming to an end and once that happens Thai people can spend the next 20 years repairing the damage.

Wait! You're being sarcastic right?

Had an interesting ride in a taxi from Siam square. Driver was a hard core red. He showed us a gun given to him by the red shirts. Said that a lot of guns have recently come in BKK and they were waiting for orders. It was an old 45. Model 1911. Very scary incident for me, the wife and kid. I work with yellow but have a home in red country. Really like all the people, but both only watch, listen and read from media that reinforces their perceptions. Not a formula for compromise.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Had an interesting ride in a taxi from Siam square. Driver was a hard core red. He showed us a gun given to him by the red shirts. Said that a lot of guns have recently come in BKK and they were waiting for orders. It was an old 45. Model 1911. Very scary incident for me, the wife and kid. I work with yellow but have a home in red country. Really like all the people, but both only watch, listen and read from media that reinforces their perceptions. Not a formula for compromise.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

he would be well advised to put that gun away safely, once the Thai military mobiilse, they suffer no fools. its typical of Taksin that he would put at risk the lives of people for no other reason than create a day or twos confusion and a tuk tuk driver is no match for anyone.. I hope common sense prevails as the police will also shift their allegiances overnight once they know the games up.