Public Government Radio

avander

Can anyone tell me what this is?

We live on a main road in the Pattaya area and I originally thought the PA system out front was some type of Government emergency broadcast system; a good idea. However, it now seems to be used every day starting about 8am with the same traditional music; anthems and similar I am guessing. Also, has some talking for a period of time. I have tried to "tune out" and am somewhat successful but for some reason today, a Wednesday, it is still going at 11:30am? Did they forget go turn off the automated daily broadcast? What's it all about and what's the point?

Edited by avander

Every Tambon has it.

At first I thought I had moved to Butlins.

Thanks Thaddeus,

It still makes me wonder what angle they're plugging every morning. Sounds like something out of 1984; indoctrination of the masses. :o

Every Tambon has it.

Thanks Thaddeus,

It still makes me wonder what angle they're plugging every morning. Sounds like something out of 1984; indoctrination of the masses. :o

How close you are even if in jest. Treat them like mushrooms, keep them in the dark and feed them on.......They don't need education they need to be told what to think.
  • Like 2

Every Tambon has it.

Thanks Thaddeus,

How close you are even if in jest. Treat them like mushrooms, keep them in the dark and feed them on.......They don't need education they need to be told what to think.

Thanks Rab,

Thought as much. It's a shame and a little scary at the same time.

Goes with the media censorship in the name of morality also. Now there's a contradiction!