Transport Minister Chadchart dishes on private chat with top American cat and its owner also

webfact

Transport Minister Chadchart dishes on private chat with top American cat and its owner also
By Coconuts Bangkok

topcat.jpg?itok=KZOLr1pl

BANGKOK: -- What do American investors think of Thailand's current political situation?

Transport Minister Chadchart Sitthipunt, celebrated online in glorious meme, went to ask the top American human in Thailand and got side-tracked by the top American cat.

Chadchart met U.S. Ambassador Kristie Kenney for lunch yesterday and posted the details of their conversation - and a pic he snapped of her kitty - on Facebook:

"I used to see Kristie Kenney, the U.S. ambassador during my morning run at Lumpini park a lot, but now we both had to find a new place, so I haven't met her recently.

“I asked the ambassador if she's really moving to South Korea. She laughed and said that's not true. Then we discussed the country’s development projects.

I asked her what the investors think of Thailand. She says current investors who have already launched their businesses here are okay with the situation, but many groups of new investors have canceled their projects. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/02/26/transport-minister-chadchart-dishes-private-chat-top-american-cat-and-its-owner-also

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-02-26

She's an out of touch, political crony. Ambassadorships are the jewel of political favor repayments for the President of the US. You'd get better information about the Thai investment environment for Americans by talking to her cat.

She is simply not qualified as an ambassador to any country. Such a silly woman she is, have you ever seen her mixing with the Thais and how openly she sucks up?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

She's an out of touch, political crony. Ambassadorships are the jewel of political favor repayments for the President of the US. You'd get better information about the Thai investment environment for Americans by talking to her cat.

Meow Meow

Leaving aside the ambassador's, pussy cat, I think, Transport Minister Chadchart Sitthipunt, is the only one with a bit of brain and intelligence in this muppet government.

I would say he's a super hero....the mightiest minister on Earth......there's been no bus crashes for days and no train derailments!
  • Like 1

Why aren't all Thai politicians like this guy? He writes random stuff about cats and still manages to come across more sensible that all the rest.

And then there is this...

“I was disappointed to hear that. Because investment means more job opportunities and revenues to the country. Investors' confidence is important, and our neighbors are pulling investors to their countries. I hope the turmoil ends soon otherwise it could affect the economy greatly."

...so much common sense coming from one politician, my head may just well explode.

• Like 2

Why aren't all Thai politicians like this guy? He writes random stuff about cats and still manages to come across more sensible that all the rest.

And then there is this...

“I was disappointed to hear that. Because investment means more job opportunities and revenues to the country. Investors' confidence is important, and our neighbors are pulling investors to their countries. I hope the turmoil ends soon otherwise it could affect the economy greatly."

...so much common sense coming from one politician, my head may just well explode.

Aye, am suspecting him to use the same speech writer as YS...

Except that he did not say "vacuum" and "preserve democracy" cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Intelligent guy with a twin brother who is a respected pulmonologist and supporter of the PDRC.

Must make for happy discussions during family get togethers.

Problem is whatever good intentions or capabilities he may have when you associate with crap, the smell tends to stick.

Edited by smileydude
  • Like 1

Um, not quite. She isn't some rich campaign supporter who was given an ambassadorship for doing favors. This is her third ambassadorship and she has served two presidents of different political parties. The woman who is clearly intelligent and hard working got her ambassadorship the hard way. She earned it. She has worked in the US Senate, in the US House of Representatives and has held high positions in the State department under multiple US Presidents and Secretaries of State. Try to do your research next time.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that came here out of puzzlement to the headline?

&lt;deleted&gt;? doesn't make sense,... and is the word "also" meant to be the end of the sentence or is it just some kind of lost-in-Google-translation???

• Like 1

Am I the only one that came here out of puzzlement to the headline?

&lt;deleted&gt;? doesn't make sense,... and is the word "also" meant to be the end of the sentence or is it just some kind of lost-in-Google-translation???

Probably got it from Voice TV's webpage. There are some real doozies on that!

Such a silly woman she is, have you ever seen her mixing with the Thais and how openly she sucks up?

Aren't ambassadors supposed to be diplomatic? She could of course tell the Thais to their face how they are self serving and corrupt... but I imagine being diplomatic (or sucking up as you prefer to call it) keeps her in a job and maintains some sort of dialogue between the two countries... so not so silly.

Edited by kkerry

"You'd get better information about the Thai investment environment for Americans by talking to her cat."

And the cat would know more than the Thai Visa pundits who feel qualified to put down everyone and everything in a futile attempt to sound superior ... despite all evidence to the contrary.

• Like 1

Such a silly woman she is, have you ever seen her mixing with the Thais and how openly she sucks up?

Aren't ambassadors supposed to be diplomatic? She could of course tell the Thais to their face how they are self serving and corrupt... but I imagine being diplomatic (or sucking up as you prefer to call it) keeps her in a job and maintains some sort of dialogue between the two countries... so not so silly.

"She could of course tell the Thais to their face how they are self serving and corrupt."

Possibly, given who employs her, that would be considered the height of hypocrisy.

Actually the same prohibition against throwing the first stone ( from the safety of message board anonymity) might be applicable to a lot of the Thai Visa chorus as well.

• Like 1

"You'd get better information about the Thai investment environment for Americans by talking to her cat."

And the cat would know more than the Thai Visa pundits who feel qualified to put down everyone and everything in a futile attempt to sound superior ... despite all evidence to the contrary.

i say sir youre in fine form today..wai2.gifwai2.gif

The only member of this bad sitcom cast of a cabinet who, occasionally makes sense. And the fact that he has a heart for animals and a sense of humor, makes him a likable person to boot... Another quality otherwise completely absent from the PT clique.

All this makes me wonder, who screwed up by recruiting him for the job?!

Edited by fstarbkk
  • Like 2