Anand Panyarachun named the most suitable neutral prime minister

webfact

Out of curiosity:

For those that support Thaksin, who do you think would be a good neutral PM?

For those who support the upcountry Red Shirts, who do you think would be a good neutral PM?

The answers may not, necessarily, be the same.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

An elected one.

Number 1 on the party list of the Party winning the election becomes Prime Minister....What is so hard to understand about that.

The electoral majority governs the country...Not an electoral minority in any form.

There is no such thing as a "neutral PM".

The electoral majority is very clear about this.

Any hoisting into the PM position of someone without electoral legitimacy is kowtowing to anti-democratic forces. Akin to the coup-rooted AV when he was forced onto the electoral majority. They took care of that little matter the next election, didn't they.

If anti-democracy is the first choice...OK...Then one can talk about neutral and appointed Prime Ministers.

First decision - Electoral democracy or not...After that, selections for a Prime Minister are very easy.

This is one of the clearest examples of these PAD-Dem rooted Polls such as NIDA seeking to add a 'Public Opinion" veneer to themselves.....Ask any UDD/PTP/RS individual and anyone from the electoral majority who a good neutral PM should be, and one is bound to get laughed or booted out of the room. So one can imagine who NIDA asked the questions of.

Not complicated.

Too complicated for you obviously! The PM is not automatically the one with most party-list votes. The PM is elected by the MPs. Could be any MP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Or, given past alleged illegalities, leading to many being banned for 5 years, it could be anyone, preferably someone who can placate the PDRC, Thaksin's family and cronies, and the rural Red Shirts (many are separate from Thaksin). It is obvious that Fryslan Boppe is still trying to figure this all out. It is OK, in time he will understand.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding that Mr. Suthep wants the whole government removed, not just the Prime Minister. And he wants it done by street demonstrations and violence, not the ballot box. Now would one person please explain what you tell the millions of citizens in the majority that a connected and influential group wan't their own puppet in office. Just what do you tell the people?

You don't tell them anything. After all, they have nothing but contempt for the electorate and their wishes.

What they may do is remind them what happened last time that they removed an elected government, put their own puppet in office, and people protested. Who knows even a little demonstration of what may happen, just to "explain the new reformed way that things will be managed" as they might say!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In a democracy the person who wins an election is the leader. That is Yingluk she is the only person to have a legitimate claim.

Anything else is a coup. Anything else is not democracy.

[added: it is interest though that they accept that people need to be asked, i.e. they accept the principle of democracy, now if there was only some way we could ask everyone and the people could pick a leader by selecting their party, we could count these paper records, and determinng the winner by some carefully documented method. ]

Ohhhh, so you know the election results already even before the election is finished and votes tabulated?

Sounds like a rigged vote if you can foretell the results.

BlueNoseCodger has on several occasions explained why he believes that Yingluck has won the election. You sneer at his view on the grounds that the election was not completed as it should have been, because the group which you support so enthusiastically, trashed it in a blatantly undemocratic manner.

Yet you see nothing wrong in ignoring the electorate and selecting a Prime Minister on the basis of an opinion poll conducted amongst less than 2000 people?

You are some strange supporter of democracy!

I have on several occasions explained why I believe yingluck has not won an election. People sneer at my view points on the grounds that the election was free and fair.

Yet you see nothing wrong in ignoring the majority of voters of 53% of which there were 45 million odd and is in sync with with the poll conducted of 2000 odd (broad selection, not rice farmers) people.

You are some strange supporter of beliefs over facts to push a form of democracy.

Can I spell it out.

All up 60% did not register a vote. The poll indicated about 60% don't want the PTP.

Is 63% a majority if they voted for the PTP in the 2011 election?

Is 63% a majority if they were against the amnesty bill?

Now as I have a strange understanding of democracy….Do you think calling voters garbage is democratic? Refusing to hold public hearings in water management? Telling voters that "if they don't vote for us we will not help you?" Passing an amnesty that 63% of the population didn't want? Setting up corruption departments, denouncing corruption. making it an election promise to stamp out corruption and then go against the majority of voters and try to push an amnesty bill that would allow 25 000 corruption charges to be absolved, including the PM's brother?

If that is my strange understanding of democracy, I would hate to see yours.

Can you name the principles of democracy for me?[/quote

I have no interest in answering rhetorical questions on political science.

My understanding of democracy starts with the electoral process. Without it, no matter how many other principles may or may not be fulfilled, democracy cannot be said to exist. You accept the prevention of the election, including blocking ballots and intimidation, then suggest a poll of less than 2000 people provides a mandate for appointing a Government.

That cannot be described as democracy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So you don't know the principles of democracy. And to top it off you misquote me to suit your agenda.

then suggest a poll of less than 2000 people provides a mandate for appointing a Government.

new premier, new elections or not...

farmers want their money

poor reds are in majority and will vote the next corrupt promise maker that give them the most, on paper, that is

And this is true the world over. The democrats should have been thinking years ago about how to bolster rural incomes instead of providing unfettered and unregulated access for Bangkok agribusiness to run all over the country exploiting everyone. But then of course, these companies only act in the best interest of the country, instead of their own pocket.

In a democracy the person who wins an election is the leader. That is Yingluk she is the only person to have a legitimate claim.

Anything else is a coup. Anything else is not democracy.

[added: it is interest though that they accept that people need to be asked, i.e. they accept the principle of democracy, now if there was only some way we could ask everyone and the people could pick a leader by selecting their party, we could count these paper records, and determinng the winner by some carefully documented method. ]

Ohhhh, so you know the election results already even before the election is finished and votes tabulated?

Sounds like a rigged vote if you can foretell the results.

BlueNoseCodger has on several occasions explained why he believes that Yingluck has won the election. You sneer at his view on the grounds that the election was not completed as it should have been, because the group which you support so enthusiastically, trashed it in a blatantly undemocratic manner.

Yet you see nothing wrong in ignoring the electorate and selecting a Prime Minister on the basis of an opinion poll conducted amongst less than 2000 people?

You are some strange supporter of democracy!

I have on several occasions explained why I believe yingluck has not won an election. People sneer at my view points on the grounds that the election was free and fair.

Yet you see nothing wrong in ignoring the majority of voters of 53% of which there were 45 million odd and is in sync with with the poll conducted of 2000 odd (broad selection, not rice farmers) people.

You are some strange supporter of beliefs over facts to push a form of democracy.

Can I spell it out.

All up 60% did not register a vote. The poll indicated about 60% don't want the PTP.

Is 63% a majority if they voted for the PTP in the 2011 election?

Is 63% a majority if they were against the amnesty bill?

Now as I have a strange understanding of democracy….Do you think calling voters garbage is democratic? Refusing to hold public hearings in water management? Telling voters that "if they don't vote for us we will not help you?" Passing an amnesty that 63% of the population didn't want? Setting up corruption departments, denouncing corruption. making it an election promise to stamp out corruption and then go against the majority of voters and try to push an amnesty bill that would allow 25 000 corruption charges to be absolved, including the PM's brother?

If that is my strange understanding of democracy, I would hate to see yours.

Can you name the principles of democracy for me?[/quote

I have no interest in answering rhetorical questions on political science.

My understanding of democracy starts with the electoral process. Without it, no matter how many other principles may or may not be fulfilled, democracy cannot be said to exist. You accept the prevention of the election, including blocking ballots and intimidation, then suggest a poll of less than 2000 people provides a mandate for appointing a Government.

That cannot be described as democracy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So you don't know the principles of democracy. And to top it off you misquote me to suit your agenda.

then suggest a poll of less than 2000 people provides a mandate for appointing a Government.

I really couldn't care less, on either count!

Could you point us in the direction that validates your "He founded NIDA" claim?

He and Prem worked together with his Royal Majesty on developing this entity...

http://www.cabinet.thaigov.go.th/eng/pm_18.htm

Sorry, but in your link, it doesn't say anything about Anand "founded NIDA".

Do you have any other source that does say that?

When googling "NIDA founded", on the right side of the results screen it lists His Majesty the King as its founder.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=NIDA+founded&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gws_rd=cr&ei=nn0OU8P-JaquiQeA6YGABg

Yes I know his Majesty is listed as the founder...Anand and Prem worked together for years on this entity ...

Anand...From 1982-1984, he was President of ASEAN Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and, from 1988-1989, he was President of ASEAN Task Force, in charge of ASEAN co-operation. From May 1986 to January 1991, he was President of ASEAN Committee in ASEAN-USA Council.

mhide.gifmhide.gifmhide.gifHe also held important posts in many academic institutions, including, National Institute of Development Administration, Thailand Development Research Institute, Science and Technology Development Council, Sasin Business Administration Institute, Chulalongkorn University Council, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) and ASEAN-USA Technology Exchange Institute. In October 1990, he was appointed Member of The World Management Council (CLOS) and, in January 1991, he was appointed Member of The Business Council for Sustainable Development (BCSD).

Thanks for the clarification

And thank you for clarifying that nowhere is it validated that Anand founded NIDA.

Edited by Davidhere

I think you can't read, and again don't answer questions. Trying to twist words, has just made you look even more foolish. Run along Joey.

Joey??? is that some sore of Australian insult? lol

anyway you mean I did not answer the PTP 'principals on democracy'? sorry... it's clear - PTP participated in a free and fair election and won, just as they did yesterday in Chiang Mai. The Dems fear defeat and chickened out - what more is there to say? those are the FACTS

"FACTS" :giggle:

It wasn't an election in Chiang Mai yesterday, it was an announcement that the election in Chiang Mai held last year might end with Thaksin's sister being banned from politics for committing electoral fraud in that election....which would be the second occurence of electoral fraud for her and the fourth instance of banning from politics between her, her husband, and her daughter.

Now, what was it you were saying about PTP democracy?

Edited by Davidhere
  • Like 1

I have lived in Udon now for the last 4.5 years and love the people and the area

have done alot to the place to make it a place I love to live in

But the wife is now talking that it is time to sell the house and businesses and move to Hua Hin

She feels Taskin will never loose face and let his sister loose power

she has been told to set up a power base and rebel government in Chaing Mai

and the future for Thailand we see is fighting

Bangkok and Issan will become battle grounds for those trying to show how tough they are

I asked about Pattaya, she smiled and said no way husband ?????? ha ha

This is her opinion, but I can only say, she has been right every time she has made a prediction for all that is happening

Do as she says. She's Thai, she's the boss. Funny you never mentioned your wife before now.

Well, she certainly knows all about Pattaya whistling.gifrolleyes.gif

cheesy.gif

Do you know any Thais, or any nationality for that matter with even a passing interest in Thailand, that doesn't know about Pattaya?

What sort of isolated and sheltered amphur are you in?

Edited by Davidhere

I think you can't read, and again don't answer questions. Trying to twist words, has just made you look even more foolish. Run along Joey.

Joey??? is that some sore of Australian insult? lol

anyway you mean I did not answer the PTP 'principals on democracy'? sorry... it's clear - PTP participated in a free and fair election and won, just as they did yesterday in Chiang Mai. The Dems fear defeat and chickened out - what more is there to say? those are the FACTS

"FACTS" :giggle:

It wasn't an election in Chiang Mai yesterday, it was an announcement that the election in Chiang Mai held last year might end with Thaksin's sister being banned from politics for committing electoral fraud in that election....which would be the second occurence of electoral fraud for her and the fourth instance of banning from politics between her, her husband, and her daughter.

Now, what was it you were saying about PTP democracy?

Shannon has no idea about the principles and mechanism of democracy. He thinks democracy is only at the ballot box, it isn't.

I'd like our foolish friend to answer why Yingluck chose not to attend the NAAC hearing today? The person he demonizes so much, has faced them previously, and was eventua lly absolved. Democracy means. Respecting rule of law, not picking and choosing, as The Shins continue to do.

• Like 1

I have lived in Udon now for the last 4.5 years and love the people and the area

have done alot to the place to make it a place I love to live in

But the wife is now talking that it is time to sell the house and businesses and move to Hua Hin

She feels Taskin will never loose face and let his sister loose power

she has been told to set up a power base and rebel government in Chaing Mai

and the future for Thailand we see is fighting

Bangkok and Issan will become battle grounds for those trying to show how tough they are

I asked about Pattaya, she smiled and said no way husband ?????? ha ha

This is her opinion, but I can only say, she has been right every time she has made a prediction for all that is happening

Do as she says. She's Thai, she's the boss. Funny you never mentioned your wife before now.

Well, she certainly knows all about Pattaya whistling.gifrolleyes.gifcheesy.gif

I think the comment you made, says a lot more about the company you keep.

Appalling choice. He epitomizes all that is wrong with Thailand's social structure, and a significant contributor to why it's so f'd up today.

Complete forward into the past.

Just look at the names of suggested leaders in that poll and you can see it oozing bias in favor of the vested interests (ie: elitist; anti anything vaguely populist, Thaksin).

Does that extend to the Thaksin Cabinet Ministers on the list?

The only poll that matters is the one that takes place at the polls during open and free elections.

Well, good luck with that. I doubt Thailand will ever again have elections that can be completed.

The yellow shirts showed that elections can be blocked if you don't agree with something, so be sure that when the time comes when Abhisit and/or Suthep are ready to be elected into office, the red shirts will also do the same. If Isaan can't complete elections, then a new parliament cannot be formed either.

The yellow shirts always pull out a "smart" move, only to be slapped back in the face with the same move by the red shirts.

Yellows blocked the city, reds did too (2010). Yellows blocked government buildings, reds did too (NACC). Yellows blocked concerts (Sek Loso), reds did too (last week and this week).

But hey, the "Democrats" do it, so it must be right and "democratic", right?

He founded NIDA ....he has worked for them forever...of course he's gonna be their dog in the race....do more research guys more than Wikipedia... though that is a good place to start.... but again knee jerk approval here in TV ... he has many skeletons as do most Thai Politicians... not gonna find a squeaky clean one in the whole lot... but... rubber stamping a rubber stamper...begs more due diligence on the part of TV readers and posters..and remember that someone or many before me have said already...this is a much bigger picture and a huge part of that picture is stuff we cannot discuss here... a lot of names in the Wikipedia source can be followed up...to a point...cheers all !

Who? I don't care about him.

60% said the PTP are an illegitimate government.

Time to accept that my friend.

I know 60% is a minority for you when they voted against an amnesty.

I know 43% is an overwhelming majority for you when it is PTP votes in 2011.

So whats your excuse this time for the 60%?

No excuses when the figures are on your side. Full of excuses when the figures are against you.

Can't really accept it can you that PTP are not the party they were 3 years ago.

Time to let go mate and move in.

I have no dog in this race. I am neither red or yellow

You realize I can check your post history on TFV?

Your gravitation to yingluck is pronounced now. You have no qualms with lying.