Urgent Meeting about failing Pattaya Beach Bus Stop Scheme

Rimmer

Urgent Meeting about failing Pattaya Beach Bus Stop Scheme

meeting-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--An urgent meeting was called on Wednesday by the Chief of Banglamung District to discuss the current failings of the Pattaya Beach Bus Stop Scheme which was supposed to see Baht Buses stopping at designated stops only, to ease traffic congestion problems in the area.

As many predicted and despite a high profile launch of the scheme last month featuring marching bands and a beach parade, the scheme is failing and local Police are not enforcing the parking restrictions as they promised to do.

Khun Sakchai, the Chief of Banglamung District held the meeting at Pattaya Police Station which was attended by Pattaya Police, Traffic Police, and local business operators who were told that the scheme appeared to be only 50% effective so far.
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/119770/urgent-meeting-about-failing-pattaya-beach-bus-stop-scheme/#sthash.WHOBVcIB.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-02-27

50% effective? 50% is as good as 0%! It only takes a few buses and baht buses to block the roads. Just send the police to the south or Bkk, and get some police that will enforce the law. Only one short road, and they cant enforce anything. Have a tow truck to take the buses that are parked illegally,they will soon learn.

'Failing' that's a Normal occurrence on all these types of things in Pattaya isn't it??

I loved the Pedestrian Crossings when they first were introduced and the first vehicle through the RED Lights was a Police car.

There should be a 'CRACKDOWN' they always work ........................555

No Pointing either , well done. Because there is NOTHING to point at except Ineptitude......Ho Hum

coffee1.gif

I have a radical idea!!!!!

How about the police enforce the regulations. Fine the people who break the rules, or even impound the vehicles.

Do you think it would work?

Following the rules? What a silly concept. You are not from this planet, are you?

• Like 1

I have a radical idea!!!!!

How about the police enforce the regulations. Fine the people who break the rules, or even impound the vehicles.

Do you think it would work?

It already does .BUT ...not in Pattaya

coffee1.gif

Maybe if the Town Hall realises that they could make some serious money out of this- in London get stuck in a yellow box- you are zapped by the cameras and get a 6000 baht fine! Some of the worse offenders are the tour buses- seem to think they can stop anywhere.

I would certainly not want these appalling draconian UK rules in Pattaya, but a few weeks of fines, clamping etc might raise a bit of cash ( they might even repair some pavements)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand