Thai PM summoned by anti-graft panel

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No shocks there, has any rich powerful person in Thailand. Ever been accountable. Or punished?

Yes Thaksin was sentenced to 2 years in the dungeons! He escaped and went in exile, hoping he could buy/intimidate his way out of his situation.

So far: the more he digs, the deeper his hole.

Wasn't he tried in absentia? In which case there would be no "escape."

No, these cases where tried while he was in Thailand I wish they tried his other cases in absentia, because now it looks like he is going to get off because of the statue of limitations.

"....it looks like he is going to get off because of the statue of limitations. "

In which case, it would surely be the statue of liberty, eh rob?rolleyes.gif

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No shocks there, has any rich powerful person in Thailand. Ever been accountable. Or punished?

Yes Thaksin was sentenced to 2 years in the dungeons! He escaped and went in exile, hoping he could buy/intimidate his way out of his situation.

The only rich and powerful person found and sentenced in the history of Thailand was TS, in a land where everyone is up to their neck in corruption. The second person likely to be found guilty is YS.

I have no doubt they are guilty, but the very fact that it will literally be only these 2 persons in a whole sea of corruption over the past 50 years shows how politicized and impartial these courts are. By all means she should be jailed (along with 100's of others), but you must have your head up your ass to honestly believe these are not politically motivated charges rather than deep desire to enforce the law by the courts.

You seem intelligent enough.

Instead of striving for them to not go to jail how about campaigning for other politicians to go to jail too if caught. You got my support. They are a start and a reminder its possible. Actually there are others that have been convicted once in a while you see some news. But it is not enough.

But I rather have them in jail and campaign for others to be caught and put there too then for them to escape. Its better to punish a few guilty ones then none at all.

Please explain me your logic for not going after them ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No, these cases where tried while he was in Thailand I wish they tried his other cases in absentia, because now it looks like he is going to get off because of the statue of limitations.

"....it looks like he is going to get off because of the statue of limitations. "

In which case, it would surely be the statue of liberty, eh rob?rolleyes.gif

My mistake but your right. cheesy.gif sometimes it pays to read what i post before i hit add reply

If you have no doubt that they are guilty, what does the motivation have to do with it? Should political criminals be given a free pass because their accusers are politicians?

If she had increased NACC funding by 60% rather than reducing it by that amount, there may be others facing similar charges right now. Of course, the NACC didn't need all that money because the amnesty would reduce their workload to near zero. STOP Corruption (Prosecution)!

Send this post to every former government as well as a man charged before the courts with murder, his name is Abhisit..

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do you honestly believe that a trumped up charge will succeed? Wishful thinking is just a polite name for a wank.

I guess you must have some inside knowledge! How do you know this is a trumped-up charge? Love to find out so please tell us!

thaksin was here, he fled and was sentenced while on the run(absentia), another reason

that other cases have not been filed, he has to be in court to be charged.

rice555

Mysteriously disappearing has no doubt crept into the equation..... Like many other so called traitors to this LOS's.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, her whereabouts haven't escaped my attention ...

I think there are a number of reasons for her running up north -

1 It's 'home' and when things get tough, we all like to be in a familiar place

2 It helps consolidate her position and for an egotist like her (as are all the Shins), she'll feel psychologically 'better' after the battering and mauling she's had over the last few months. I doubt she'll come south again for a long time.

3 School term ends soon and her kids exams will be over. Then they'll be able to get north to see mummy and be told 'Hey kids, how about a nice long holiday in the sun? I've heard the schools in Dubai are really good'.

4 She's as close as the border as she can be to be doing a flit to sunnier climes and NACC, rice pledging etc, can go stuff themselves.

Nice dream, let's hope it comes true.

I agree with your comments on her running back to the family fiefdom. Will be especially nice to avoid the farmers if this weeks vowed payment doesn't happen.

But, I think she only has one son,

When will taksin be free of his charges?

Difficult to say as there were so many of them and if he is still in power it's unlikely they will ever be brought to court. The conviction will be harder to dodge though as absconding could possibly mean extra jail time once again depending on who is in power.

That's the key, power, and holding on to it. And that's why his sister has been ordered to hang on until the bitter end.

Very good point,

No matter which side anyone chooses, well, I guess it is all about money and power, and it has happened since the beginning of time.......

Since when have the rulers exited a Nation, and still have a warrant for their arrest, and yet never have to answer to it? I think we can all see what is happening..... Just look at the mess the world is in, within todays realm.... Sad but true in my opinion..... Some learn from History, but History teaches us all, that mankind learns, absolutely nothing from history...... But there can never be a chosen few, whom buy votes, with idle promises, or even yet look to loot the very accounts of hard working people.......

Just my 2 cents......

Hope for the best of the people of Thailand, perhaps they are awakening as to what is going on...... wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

I agree with your comments on her running back to the family fiefdom. Will be especially nice to avoid the farmers if this weeks vowed payment doesn't happen.

But, I think she only has one son,

I stand corrected. I checked and she has. But she's never married the father.

Bet they'd all like a nice long holiday in the sun, though. Please.